Update 0.6.1 - Update Notes and Downtime w/ 0.6.1.1 Update Info

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

Captains! It's that time again! Update 0.6.1 is here! Check it out below. Feedback sections will be opened up tomorrow.

Downtime Starts: February 8th 02:00 Pacific Time

Downtime Ends: February 8th 04:00 Pacific Time

New Upgrades

Spoiler

Inventory

Spoiler

Ranked Battles

Spoiler

Economics

Spoiler

Container Changes

Spoiler

Balance Corrections

Spoiler

Audio

Spoiler

Maps and Locations

Spoiler

Bastion

Spoiler

Interface

Spoiler

Optimization

Spoiler

Ship Exterior Changes

Spoiler

Fixes and Improvements

Spoiler

New Content

Spoiler

New Ships for Testing

Spoiler

***UPDATE***

A small hotfix is scheduled for release and server downtime on from February 9, 02:00 PT / 05:00 ET to  03:00 PT / 06:00 ET.

This is to address two issues reported by players. 

1: Some players are unable to see the inventory screen upon loading up.  This was an error on my part but there is information about this.

2: Some players who still have Santa Containers in their port have received errors when trying to open them. This causes the client to freeze. If you experience this before the hotfix. Close out the client and re-enter it. Prior to the fix, when you load back in, you will have received the items but you won't get a notification as to what they were. 

***UPDATE #2 - 0.6.1.1 Update Notes and Downtime****

Downtime Starts Feb 15th 02:00 Pacific and ends Feb 15th 03:30 Pacific. 

Release Notes 0.6.1.1

• Added holiday decorations to "St. Petersburg" Port, which will be set as the default Port with the update
  • Removed Valentine's Day camo from in-game sale
  • Non-purchased Premium ships will now display with their permanent camo
  • Fixed occasional appearance of aircraft carriers in enemy territory during Ranked Battles on the "Fault Line" map
  • Fixed player names in Clans being colored gray in battle chat

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

NikoPower #2 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

How do you like the new format? Would you rather that massive notes live in spoilers like this?

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Khafni #3 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Definitely the new way over the wall of text, anyday.

Port Khafni                                                                                                   

Bought: Warspite, Murmansk, Anshan, Blyskawica, Campbeltown, Smith, Leningrad, Sims, Yubari, Lo Yang

Prizes: Albany, Emden, Kamikazi R, Tachibana, Mikasa, Shinanomi, Admiral Graf Spee, Katori, all the ARP stuff and Southern Dragon

Santa: Ishizuchi, Arizona, Atago, Atlanta, Belfast, Marblehead

Lord_Dolza #4 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

How do you like the new format? Would you rather that massive notes live in spoilers like this?

Like the spoilers. I lose interest in one huge wall of text

pewpewpew42 #5 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

The icon for the spotting aircraft is the defensive AA icon. Also, I love the new format

Edited by pewpewpew42, 07 February 2017 - 06:37 PM.

light.png

NikoPower #6 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

The new setup messed with the formatting a bit. This will be fixed shortly.

pmgaudio #7 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

this way is FAR better

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

Pugilistic #8 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Ensign

• Members

I think it is more convenient as a form of index.

I was OK the old way though, I have no attention span problems.

The Shack was a famous watering hole in Chapel Hill NC across the street from He's Not Here. It was torn down, despite all predictions it would fall down first, about 1990. Preppy Heaven at Blue Heaven.

NikoPower #9 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

Formatting issue has been fixed.

DoomStomper #10 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Agree that the new spoiler'd format is an improvement over the previous walls of text.

Also, that's somewhat of an...odd Dasha expression in the video thumbnail. :teethhappy:

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Lonewolfpj #11 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

It's a lot better.

h_balck #12 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Block Quote

We've disabled the Bastion game mode

And there was much rejoicing

Edited by h_balck, 07 February 2017 - 06:49 PM.

RedSeaBear #13 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Finally I can sell all those India X-Ray flags and spend the mountain of silver of signals I really need. 

Not to excited to be getting Ship Modules in containers or as prizes for ranked. But if I can sell them than its ok, just means I can by more signals.

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Nhi_Vanye #14 Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I noticed that the table of new ships for testing does not agree with the older announcement about the Russian DD Tech Tree.  In particular, the old announcement had Kiev at Tier IX and the new one has it at Tier VIII.  Also the old one had Ognevoi at Tier VIII and the new one has it at Tier VII.  Can you clarify if they have changed the plans for the new DD Tech Tree?  Thanks!

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Vice Admiral Sir David Beatty

TenguBlade #15 Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Well, can't say I'm not happy about the container rework.  I'm a bit worried about what these new upgrades might mean for the game though; we're drifting towards a system that heavily favors long-term involvement with this.  The captain skill rework made top-level skills more accessible: IMO that's what will keep people drawn to the game.  If something seems unattainable but gives a tangible advantage people are more likely to just give up and walk away.

Also, hell yes to AR affecting secondaries.  Now to get BFT free of charge every time I lose about half HP.

Oh, before I forget...yes, Niko, it looks much better this way.:)

Edited by TenguBlade, 07 February 2017 - 07:12 PM.

"My name is Captain Terence Stone, and this is my prison.  You're here on the inside because you can't behave like normal human beings on the outside!  Make no mistake - you belong to me now, and you'll do what I say, or you'll be sorry that you didn't...You were sent here to be rehabilitated, and rehabilitate you, we will." -Mafia II (euphemized)

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny/Ognevoi, Shchors, Nürnberg, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Hatework #16 Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I like the new format.  Spoiler boxes make things far more managable.

Not too pleased with the nerfs to the flags and super containers, but otherwise, im not seeing anything but goodness.  Giving up 250 flags for special modules i wont use isnt a good thing.  Maybe drop it to 50-75 flags if you feel players are getting too many?  Also, going from 5 flags to 4 seems heavy when combined with the super container nerf.

PS: Mutsu, naow.  please?  with sugar on top?

Edited by Hatework, 07 February 2017 - 08:41 PM.

Personator #17 Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

Captain

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 07 February 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Balance Corrections

Spoiler

Are you sure it's "Repair Party" and not "Damage Control Party"? :P

Current progress on all ship lines

Game OST -- Replay Ctrl Change -- Relaxing Time

ReddNekk #18 Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Block Quote

Marblehead and Marblehead Lima: Rudder shift time reduced from 7.8s to 5.7s

The Marblehead needs increased torpedo damage and a increase in gun range and this is all you do for the ship? (sighs) Well, she's going to continue collecting rust in port.

I'm glad to see that the Pensacola's detectability range has finally been reduced. That's been badly needed for a long, long time.

Hold my beer and watch this!

Rouxi #19 Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 07 February 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

T-22: Main turret traverse speed increased from 10.0 degrees per second to 10.5 deg.

What's the point of this change? Having marginally faster traverse on weak and ineffective guns is not going to magically make them better. The problem with the guns is not that they don't turn fast enough it's that they shoot water balloons.

timmmeh #20 Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Seaman

• Members

Looking forward to getting home from work and updating!

Can anyone confirm that my shiny new inventory have all the modules I've unlocked for ships prior to this update? Or will I only start accruing modules in there from now? (basically: will I have a bunch of modules to sell when I login to fund my Bismark? :P )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users