Scharnhorst

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Scharnhorst (125 members have cast votes)

Do you think they should make the guns bigger?

1. Yes (22 votes [17.60%])

Percentage of vote: 17.60%

2. No (103 votes [82.40%])

Percentage of vote: 82.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

QuickB39 #1 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:44 AM

Seaman

• Members

The Scharnhorst needs bigger guns! It's a waist of $45 to buy the teir 7 premium German battleship the Scharnhorst when it only has 283mm guns. PLEASE make the main battery guns 306mm so it's worth the money.

Unabletony #2 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:49 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

You sound salty cause you can't make them work.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

awiggin #3 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:49 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostQuickB39, on 06 February 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

The Scharnhorst needs bigger guns! It's a waist of $45 to buy the teir 7 premium German battleship the Scharnhorst when it only has 283mm guns. PLEASE make the main battery guns 306mm so it's worth the money.

Well documented as to why. Don't like the 283's don't buy it and earn the Gneis for free.

xXxRCADDICT #4 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It is worth the money it is borderline OP. I would be surprised to not see one in almost every round of the upcoming ranked season.

Legendary_Typo #5 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:59 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Members

They've got a 20 second reload, you can punish cruisers a lot easier with those than with the standard 30 second, or even 25 second reloads.

Eric_Von_Hess, Thank You.

Atago, Scharnhorst, Graf SpeeMarbleheadMurmansk, Katori, Emden, Mikasa, SmithTachibana.

ARP Takao, ARP AshigaraARP HaguroARP MyokoARP NachiARP HarunaARP HieiARP Kirishima, ARP KongoSouthern Dragon.

Zao, Admiral Hipper, Chapayev, Edinburgh, New Orleans, Gnevny, Kongo, Konig, Minekaze, Mutsuki, New York, Nicholas, T-22.

delp5117 #6 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:04 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm learning that you have to employ smart target selection, HE (when appropriate), favorable ROF, and torps at the right times to use the Scharn to its maximum potential.  I still have a tough time carrying in her, but I'm steadily getting more damage and kills and having a lot of fun along the way because with her mobility you are always in the fight.

Compare and contrast at the same tier with the Colorado, which has a far more powerful main battery, but half the time you can't get into position to use it.

AVR_Project #7 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:16 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Maybe they will someday add the option to select which guns you want.  That way you can nerf change it to the larger caliber.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

dEsTurbed1 #8 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Two things, 

It is spelled waste.

The guns are fine...

If you are having that much trouble......

Use the torpedoes.

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

TheStarSlayer #9 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:29 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Here you go:

Its sitting at the top of the Tier VII BB Stats in nearly every metric, it doesn't need any changes.

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama

Capt_Binkley #10 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:39 AM

• Beta Testers

Scharnhorst is one of the best designed prems in the game.  The guns may not be Genny's, but the rate of fire is fantastic and the turret traverse allows you to pick and choose the best targets quickly.

RipNuN2 #11 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:53 AM

Commander

• Members

She's amazing, I just had a top xp match in mine a few minutes ago and it was easy bullying all the underage ships into submission. You need to know when to use HE and when to use AP and knowing what part of a ship to target is another key skill.

Beornotns #12 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

• Members

View PostxXxRCADDICT, on 06 February 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

It is worth the money it is borderline OP. I would be surprised to not see one in almost every round of the upcoming ranked season.

You better believe I'll be sailing it ALLLL the time.

~B

I am a TERRIBLE WoWS player.  But I am trying to get better. - Beorn

Showing my stats just depressed me, so I stopped...

Well, let me try again...

QuickB39 #13 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

Seaman

• Members

The caliber isn't the main issue, it's the penetration. Smart players will keep their ship angled all the time so the main guns are isles because they do nothing but bounce. But whatever, just means Wargaming will be making one less pretty penny.

TenguBlade #14 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:09 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Posted Image

Edited by TenguBlade, 07 February 2017 - 04:09 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Heavybarrel120mm #15 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:14 AM

• Beta Testers

View PostTheStarSlayer, on 07 February 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

Here you go:

Its sitting at the top of the Tier VII BB Stats in nearly every metric, it doesn't need any changes.

I just love this video it's so humorous.

TheStarSlayer #16 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostQuickB39, on 07 February 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

The caliber isn't the main issue, it's the penetration. Smart players will keep their ship angled all the time so the main guns are isles because they do nothing but bounce. But whatever, just means Wargaming will be making one less pretty penny.

It's not the boat:

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #17 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

:facepalm:
Stats

ADM_Zakk_Zero #18 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

As an average player at best, I'd offer the Scharn is pretty darn awesome and can be forgiving even for weaker players. When I sail it properly and play smart, it garners great rewards and does serious damage. I know I'm not the first to say it, but the key is to remember it's actually a battlecruiser and should be played like one and not as a true battleship. It's easy to desire bigger guns for any ship, but the Scharn is balanced and fits in it's own category.  I really like the Tirpitz, but the secret is out and few people now underestimate the ship. The Scharn, on the other hand, still seems to catch many unsuspecting broadsided cruisers ripe for annihilation and battleships begging for at the least some pesky damage. Knowing the difference between storming directly into harm's way as opposed to taking advantage of the position of enemy fleets will make all the difference as to how this ship performs.

I can easily understand wanting bigger rifles. Believe me, I'd have my St. Louis bristling with 18" guns if it were physically possible, but I'd imagine when a player truly learns the nuances of the Scharn they wouldn't really want nor need bigger guns. 

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero, 07 February 2017 - 05:05 AM.

TenguBlade #19 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:53 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostTheStarSlayer, on 06 February 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

It's not the boat:

Guilty of padding her stats to make her overtake Gneisenau.:hiding:

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

desmo_2 #20 Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostQuickB39, on 06 February 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

* waste

You want a buff to a ship that is very widely regarded as one of the best (if not THE best) overall ship in the game.  A poll on players' favorite ships on this forum resulted in over 100 ships being named, but the Scharnhorst had the most votes...by far.  It's smaller guns means you can't blast away at things as you would in a typical battleship, but Scharnhorst is far from handicapped by her guns.

Scharnhorst is a waste of money?  HA!  Scharnhorst provides top notch fun factor for your dollar.  Look at your own poll results...I don't know if I have EVER seen such lopsided results.  Not one person has agreed with your assessment.  The problem with your enjoyment of Scharnhorst is you, not the ship.

TL: DR

Get gud, scrub.

Edited by desmo_2, 07 February 2017 - 12:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users