so weird

so weird

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

alanbay #1 Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

I have over 9k random battles so I think I'm an ok player but I must say its so weird I can hit destroyers at 12km. very easy. but carries at 11km, and 10km. not so easy. I think some one screw up. hehe. win or lose I really don't care, just try to do your best have fun playing if you and good hunting, see you on the high seas guys.

RedSeaBear #2 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Its the ship speed that is throwing you off. I know this because I suffer from this problem myself. You see a Destroyer or Cruiser, heck even a lumbering battleship moving at full speed and its becomes second nature to judge their speed from either experience or the smoke coming from their stacks. So hitting these targets is relatively easy with lots of practice. 

But seeing a Carrier moving is a rare sight, and if they are moving their speed is different than the ships you're used to. So landing shells one them can be a challenge. As a captain of any ship you're going to see more ships of the line than you will see Carriers and the chance you get to shot at a Carrier are pretty slim even if there is one in the match. 

My generally rule is expect them to be moving slow so don't lead them as much as you would a Battleships, maybe even less lead than that. 

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

alanbay #3 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

I wish it was so. but its not  I have lots of experience in this game  its just the way the game is setup . but thinks for your reply enjoy the game.

bassmasta76 #4 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Im not sure if anyone else experiences this, but on some maps, its hard to discern the CV speed/angle (if shallow), which for me, makes them harder to hit.  At least for the first shot/salvo.   Its better to waste a single shot ranging your target than a full salvo and wait for reloads if it misses.  

With 9k games, you dont need my advice, thats for sure, but you're not alone ;)

B

Stuart_Galvin #5 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

Seaman

• Members

Same problem but I think its the height of the CV compared with other ships - they are taller and look closer so I tend to not lead enough. Just need to stay in the game long enough to be chasing carriers, or see more carriers in the game but that's another can of worms...

HMCS_Devilfish #6 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:56 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Try firing 1 spotter round and increase or reduce the  lead based on were she goes

Estimated_Prophet #7 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

Commander

• Members

What's really fun is leading a destroyer by 20-25 tick marks; so far it's actually off the screen when you fire; and getting hits.

Viva-la-DDs driving in straight lines because they think they're safe!

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

samtka #8 Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

because you are not premium acc he he.standard players i think is just meat. i can't make damage too. with 26 hit with izumo i make13000 hp damage.but is ok i understand  this is pay to play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users