6.0.1 WG Modpack

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Here is the current modpack for 6.0.1. If you have any feedback, please add it in the comments below.

http://dl-wows-gc.wa..._EN_0.6.0.1.exe

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Matt_II #2 Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

What is included in WG's modpacks?

My ships: Minotaur, Gearing, Grosser Kurfurst, Missouri, Tashkent, Taiho, Bismark, Mikhail Kutuzov, Z-23, Ognevoi, Gneiseneau, S. Dragon, Shchors, Atlanta, Ranger, Blyskawica, Minsk, Colorado, Myoko, Molotov, Shinonome, Cleveland, Graf Spee, Arizona, Okhotnik,  Ishizuchi, Katori, ARP ships

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - Gen. James “Mad Dog" Mattis

theunthinkable #3 Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

This is awesome! Thank you.

I usually end up using the RU version because there's never an English one available. I hope you guys continue to bring this modpack over with every new release.

View PostMatt_II, on 01 February 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

What is included in WG's modpacks?

Usually a decent assortment of mods. It has anything from crosshairs to skins to an in-game music player.

Edited by theunthinkable, 01 February 2017 - 07:13 PM.

Danno_ #4 Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Posttheunthinkable, on 01 February 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

I usually end up using the RU version because there's never an English one available. I hope you guys continue to bring this modpack over with every new release.

Have you tried the aslain mod? Usually updated the day after a patch and in english. 

Check out aslain.com

No disrespect to Wows but the WoWs mod is clunky compared to aslain.

gil5461 #5 Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thank You Niko!!

Battleship_MaineMk1 #6 Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Question: Why can we not use the region changer? Is there something wrong with that?
Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

Formerly Luke_Skywalker01 and Fog_Cruiser_Maine

Pendragon1951 #7 Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

• Members

The main problem I see with the mod packs is by the time you get them out for the current version, you maybe get to use them for about a week then you update and the mod pack is no longer good. What I would suggest is trying to issue the mod pack the same day you update.

Defender #8 Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Thank you Niko

netcup #9 Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostFog_Cruiser_Maine, on 01 February 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Question: Why can we not use the region changer? Is there something wrong with that?

Because since the santa convoy mess on EU we have different game versions for different regions and this make it necessary to have a own client/installation per region. Give WG 6-12 months, i guess they figure out a way to sync the game versions across all regions so people who play on more than one region can use ONE game installation instead 2-3 installations.

View PostPendragon1951, on 01 February 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

The main problem I see with the mod packs is by the time you get them out for the current version, you maybe get to use them for about a week then you update and the mod pack is no longer good. What I would suggest is trying to issue the mod pack the same day you update.

This is pretty much already the case since months. The only problem is, the WG Modpack is developed by a single WG guy on the russian forums and he only releases the russian version of the Modpack installer. The WG Modpack is usually available within 24h after a patch release and if not the full version, then at least the express version with the most used mods is available. It takes then about a couple of days to weeks until the english installer version is released, often enough just a few days before a new patch comes out and the Modpack is outdated again.

You can however check the russian website or better the russian forums (google translator is your friend) shortly after a patch was released to get the latest WG Modpack. The installer might be in russian, but you can find a installation guide with pictures on the EU forums that make it easy to use the russian version. The mods itself are identical with the mods that you find in any other Modpack such as for example Aslains.

BUT ... what would something from WG be without a BUT, eh?! The Modpack overwrites for whatever reason the script.zip file in the res folder and this cause the client to crash, at least the EU client. So it is strongly adviced to make a backup of the scripts file and after installing the Modpack, restore the original scripts.zip file. If you accidentally ruined your game client with the wrong scripts.zip file you have to start your WoWs launcher and unter settings (top right), support you can perfomr a game integrity check. This will re-download the scripts file and your client is fine again. But as i mentioned, Modpacks like Aslains have the exactly same Mods included but do not mess with the scripts file and therefore don't mess up your game installation.

Edited by netcup, 01 February 2017 - 11:46 PM.

Sovereigndawg #10 Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

Ensign

• Members

and once again aslains is ready like within 24 hours of update.

theunthinkable #11 Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

View PostDanno_, on 01 February 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Have you tried the aslain mod? Usually updated the day after a patch and in english. 

Check out aslain.com

No disrespect to Wows but the WoWs mod is clunky compared to aslain.

I was using Aslain's exclusively until now. Felt like changing it up and trying something different.

Madman7 #12 Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

• Beta Testers

Anyone have any issues with mods? I usually use Aslains mods and they have worked great for as long as I can remember. But recently, since 6.0 the game client keeps crashing to desktop as soon as I enter battle. Works fine in port. I deleted Aslains mods and game works fine. Tried re-installing Aslain and it crashes. 

So  I tried this mod pack Niko posted thinking it would work fine. Same thing happens.... as soon as I get in battle the game crashes. I do not know what is causing it. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

One often meets their destiny on the path they take to avoid it.

_Astrid #13 Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

Seaman

• Members

Thanks Niko for official stuff!

And be advised : Never trust any .exe files from 3rd party. 

Paul_Humungus #14 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

• Members

Hi Niko,

Any news about WG Official ModPAck for 6.1 ??

Tks a lot.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1015444610/dark.png' href='http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1015444610/dark.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://na.warshipsto...444610/dark.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://na.warshipsto...10/dark.png</a></a>

Aslain #15 Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Ensign

• Members

View Post_Astrid, on 03 February 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Rather use your brains. There is nothing wrong in other modpacks...

Edited by Aslain, 11 February 2017 - 10:12 AM.

MortarrKang #16 Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

• Members

View Post_Astrid, on 03 February 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

Considering the number of people that have used his modpack in both WoT and WoWs without incident speaks a lot to his integrity and reliability.

Two important Rules of Warfare that apply to WoWs:

1) Incoming fire has the right of way.

2) Tracers work in both directions

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #17 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

Seaman

• Members

DONT USE ASLAIN MOD

aslain mod don't work, all they did was deleted my res mods to the point I had to delete game and download the whole game. Wasted a hour of game play for nothing,

Suryn #18 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on 14 March 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

DONT USE ASLAIN MOD

aslain mod don't work, all they did was deleted my res mods to the point I had to delete game and download the whole game. Wasted a hour of game play for nothing,

I've been using his mod for months, with minimal issue. Sure some updates break mods and we got to wait till they get fixed, but it sounds like more you have some mods that don't play well together

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users