Neptune, epitome of glass cannon

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Taichunger #21 Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Captain

• Members

Played a bunch of games in it. I took the range mod because it alllowed invisifiring, back when that was possible. Since BBs and even CAs tank while backing slowly, it turned out to be no problem dropping shells on them even at extreme range.

Two problems i have. First, this thing is constantly getting Dev Striked by BBs. No other ship I own is killed like that. Second, and more seriously, she cant carry. All her damage is basically farming. I have good game in Zao, I know I shaped the outcome of the match. I dont get that same feeling of control from Edinburgh.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

HazeGrayUnderway #22 Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:44 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostTaichunger, on 04 April 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Played a bunch of games in it. I took the range mod because it alllowed invisifiring, back when that was possible. Since BBs and even CAs tank while backing slowly, it turned out to be no problem dropping shells on them even at extreme range.

Two problems i have. First, this thing is constantly getting Dev Striked by BBs. No other ship I own is killed like that. Second, and more seriously, she cant carry. All her damage is basically farming. I have good game in Zao, I know I shaped the outcome of the match. I dont get that same feeling of control from Edinburgh.

RN CLs IMO, aren't Carry Ships.  Carry Ships to me need to be able to do very heavy attacks that instantly or close to instantly put someone down.  RN CLs are more steady damage output.

The only RN CLs that have any weapons to quickly put anyone down are the ones with very heavy torpedo loadouts.  For high tier that's Neptune and Minotaur, but doing a torpedo run with Neptune in open water is dangerous.  Neptune's concealment range is the worst of all RN CLs Tier VIII+ and lots of things can spot you while you try to drop torps.  Even then, as you well know, torpedoes are a "Feast or Famine" style of play.  Sometimes they connect and you look great.  Other times you just increased your post battle costs for no gain with all those torp launches.

But the guns themselves were never about massive spikes.  Just steady damage output, and even then bow on threats literally can ignore your AP shells.  I've had NOLAs rush my Minotaur bow on with very low HP and the RN CL AP can't finish them off bow on.  It took torpedoes to finish them off.

noobmaster29 #23 Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:27 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostHaliberd, on 01 February 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

You get those games when you die by a BB or Cruiser at the beginning of the game because they citadeled you from full HP...

Spoiler

This was not one of those games.

Going down this line was definitely not regrettable. 

Poor enemy Roon! 1.5k base xp in a lost must have been a killer game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users