A possible concern with security

Conncetion no longer secure Screen shot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

BURN_Miner #1 Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:05 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Just to throw this out there. I do have a secure browsing connection to the main page. https://worldofwarships.com/ , however and this is recent (within the last day or two I think as I tend to try to pay attention to these things), the forums have not been secure. Secure meaning the little "green lock" prior to the web address and even as I post this, it is registering a grey lock with a red strike through it.

I have ensured my anti-virus is up to date (though that is a moot as it updates daily). With that said, I have a paid for subscription to WebRoot and have performed 4 full scans on my machine, detailed on the overall system, detailed on the C:, detailed on the F: (storage), and one final redundant on the overall. All of which came up clean. Now I know that an anti-virus is not a 100% fail safe against viruses and I know that they don't catch everything to boot.

However, with the main page being secure and I am able to log in there securely, is WarGaming moving there Website server around at the moment? 

I know a long way around to a short question, but just wanted to throw out that I am looking at possible faults on my end before looking at issues toward the website.

Thanks,

Miner

Main page:

Spoiler

Forums are shown below:

Spoiler

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

BURN_Miner #2 Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Just found out what the issue "may" be.

Could it possibly pertain to the ICANN rollover? I've noticed more and more sites becoming unsecure in some aspects, while maintaining security where it's needed IE password related, payment related etc.

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

Major_Reeves #3 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

According to Firefox website the lock with the red strike is a new feature enabled by Mozilla. Please see the link below for what it means.

https://support.mozi...efox/ta-p/27861

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users