Help NikoPower play a solid Destroyer.

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

GhostSwordsman #41 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostEdgecase, on 30 January 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

• Use free look more often. Your guns are swiveling all over the place, and that's something you can't always afford on a ship with slow turrets (of which there are several in the IJN destroyer line).

Actually, I'm pretty sure turrets moving about wherever you look is an artifact from the replay system. Much like how the scale in scope mode doesn't show in replays, I've always found that the guns track the crosshair in replays, regardless if you were using free look or not.

Edited by GhostSwordsman, 31 January 2017 - 03:13 AM.

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Edgecase #42 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostGhostSwordsman, on 30 January 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure turrets moving about wherever you look is an artifact from the replay system. Much like how the scale in scope mode doesn't show in replays, I've always found that the guns track the crosshair in replays, regardless if you were using free look or not.

Good to know. Is it just the reticles, or also the guns on the actual ship (so I might see them firing out the side of the turret if the player was shooting while free looking)?

GhostSwordsman #43 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostEdgecase, on 30 January 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Good to know. Is it just the reticles, or also the guns on the actual ship (so I might see them firing out the side of the turret if the player was shooting while free looking)?

it's the guns as well. If you have a replay, for instance, where you fast forward and you were turning guns 180°, then fired on the opposite side of the ship, you'll see the guns go off, but not actually be aimed on target.

Though that's not the only time it happens, it can happen if you're looking in the right direction and then use free look in game for an extended period of time(enough to get your guns to rotate pretty far in the replay), then snap back and fire at a ship.

I've seen it enough to know because I use free look extensively while playing, especially at the beginning of a game. I'll pick a side to rotate my guns, then hold RMB to look around as I start moving forward. In the replays, my guns never lock to where I initially looked, they always try and follow the crosshair instead. I've actually had someone analyze a replay of mine and they thought I was doing the same thing, swinging my guns about needlessly even though I got into the habit of using free look very early on when I started playing this game.

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Killjoy1941 #44 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor

I'm sure others have said much of this, but my two cents anyway:

1. Push the outside of the cap, like at A in the beginning, especially on Two Brothers. If your enemy counterparts decide to push A, they're going to come out within detection range and you just might have your back to the island, limiting defensive movement. Essentially, don't flirt with potential fights when easy escape isn't possible.

2. Don't pop smoke unless your running or gunning. Mini-map information is the most valuable in the game, but free visual location data is even better.

3. Pushing the outside of the A cap would've done three things. A) Maintained spotting on the BB/CA combo up in the corner. B) Provided passive DD spotting for your aggressively pushing cruisers. C) Given you an opportunity to take out the Nagato sooner, allowing your teammates to roll up the flank and put pressure on the rear of the other enemy group to the east. You lost a lot of time your eastern group would probably have liked to have had in support.

4. Narrow spread. I rarely use wide spread because it's so... wide. Particularly beyond 5km, the gaps are wide enough to, well, drive a battleship through. If you like it, try narrow/wide/narrow or somesuch thing to maintain a tighter overall spread.

5. I'd suggest firing in salvo instead of singly or ripple fire. I find it easier to adjust aim, and it may well be worth your time testing to see which you prefer. It also plays handily to 6, just below.

6. I'd strongly suggest using free look or zooming out to look around after every salvo. It's a very good habit that will pay off handsomely in the other DD lines.

7. I'd have instantly opened up on that Fujin with guns. He had so little HP, he was hardly worth even sighting torpedoes.

8. Make a habit of reminding yourself to constantly check the mini-map. In fact, I'd use it to drive your ship when not directly engaged in combat (and even in combat once you get used to it). That Minekaze lit you pretty early, and had that Pensacola been paying attention, it might have hurt quite a bit. Being able to react near-instantly to that kind of situation will save your bacon more often than not in the future.

9. Addition to 8. Mini-map, mini-map, mini-map, and more mini-map. WoWs is almost more appropriately World of Mini-map Reading and Sometimes Warships.

10. Good job. You cleared the flank anyway and put in three times your own HP total in damage. If this is your "work in progress" DD play, you're going to be farming salt in time.

Neltak #45 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:55 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostRHINO_Mk_II, on 30 January 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

1) You're using the New Years camo that doesn't provide a detection bonus. Big mistake on ships that rely so heavily on concealment such as DDs. Save them for ships like Moskva and BBs that will be spotted anyways.

2) Not sure what level your captain is, but I would hope you have at least a 10 point IJN captain with CE since this is a premium ship. Also noticeably missing is SE.

3) Why are your torpedoes set to wide spread at the start of the match? Narrow spread is better 99% of the time.

18:00 Smoking as you enter A cap and spot one enemy BB is a mistake. How will you spot enemy ships for your team from inside smoke? It will be much riskier to make any aggressive plays for the next 3 minutes with smoke on cooldown as well. You have guns that are equal to or better than 3/4 of the enemy destroyers.

17:10 You cap A with no resistance, but instead of pushing up through your smoke, you decide to circle back around inside A again. From the minimap, it looks like the enemy team is focusing D, so you want to come in behind them ASAP to assist your team on that side.

16:20 Looks like you decided to switch sides and help your team on D. It will be harder to land torps from the front and your team has no way of pressuring B with you as the only DD abandoning the side.

15:50 Nope, you turned around again. At this point, you could have spent the last 80 seconds moving towards B and already be capping it by now, or torping the ships up north, but you drove in circles while changing your mind.

13:55 6 minutes into the game you launch your first torpedoes. Wide spread is unlikely to hit anything at max torpedo range and will be easiest to dodge. The only circumstance in which wide spread is useful is at point blank range when you only need one hit but want to cover as much area as possible. You are locked onto the Pensacola while firing your first two tubes at the Nagato, so you have to guess the lead here (I suspect it's behind the island at the time you choose to fire, but we'll never know). Then you fire your third tube of 7km torps at the Pensacola 8.6km away and receding. I predict the first two sets will be far behind the Nagato and the third set will time out before coming near the Pensacola. Around this time you could have also chosen to go for the beached Mutsuki with your guns instead. Mutsuki has extremely poor gun armament and you should be able to win that duel easily, removing a destroyer off the map instead of gambling that you'll hit torps on a Nagato who's engaged in battle and likely to make turns.

13:15 The Nagato does turn into one of your torpedoes that you placed way behind him, fortunately.

12:58 You give up stealth to fire 1 salvo of guns at the Nagato. Much better to either stay undetected (my recommendation) or keep firing because you've lost stealth anyways.

12:45 Again you're shooting 7km torps at a receding target 7.8km away. Also you appear not to have noticed the Mutsuki on your minimap approaching from the east.

12:18 The enemy Mutsuki gets within 1.1km of you before you turn to look at him. You should be 100% dead here if he was a competent player. Fortunately for you, he doesn't spread his salvos out when he only needed 1 torp hit to kill. Turning away from his torps worked out, although you should also have used engine boost to increase your speed here as well in order to outrun his torpedo spreads. Generally I prefer to turn in to torpedo spreads, but at this range it's risky as well, you might take one on the bow by turning in.

11:45 You waste a torpedo cooldown on a ship with 473 HP that's burning and that you will kill in 2 seconds with your next gun salvo.

11:27 The Nagato is looking at you, I would either try to weave dodge his salvo and then smoke or smoke immediately and hope he's still reloading while you disappear.

10:45 You took a lot of secondary hits for staying broadside to him while spotted. At least you survived and got the kill here, but you could have had 3k more HP remaining if you either turned sooner or smoked.

9:00 You smoke as soon as you get in the cap again. And then keep moving full speed so you're detected anyways. 

8:50 An enemy DD with 900 HP was spotted 5km from you for 10 seconds. He should be dead from your guns right now. Instead you're sitting in torpedo aiming mode, not entirely sure why. Also, you leave your smoke entirely.

8:10 Not entirely sure what you're trying to hit with these torps. The only possible hits you could land are if the Graf Spee has hydro off and also decides to charge into B against 2 BBs and 2 CAs.

7:20 Well done holding your torps here to avoid hitting the friendly BB, not everyone would have the discipline. I could tell you wanted to fire, but didn't.

6:00 Nothing to say here except that you've been cruising around in scope for several minutes now, which is a bad idea because it limits your FoV and situational awareness, and you're not actually shooting anything. You can scope in for a few seconds to shoot on a moment's notice. Don't sit in scope all game.

The game turned out okay for you, but there are many things you can improve on. You wasted two smoke charges in caps that were completely unnecessary. You wasted many torpedoes at the Pensacola who was out of range or about to die anyways. You let the Mutsuki sneak up on you and only his incompetence saved you. You spent a fair amount of time sailing in circles indecisively. You missed a kill on the Fujin when he was 5km away and would have died to one salvo.

I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said already, so....This here is a good summary of choices made where alternative courses of action were likely better and good alternatives provided. :medal: (+1)

Zampy #46 Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

My notes, apologies if there are things repeated from others, seems we all saw the same thing:

Camo with no detection.  Use flags for more commander XP on an IJN DD.  You're losing .3km stealth range with that one.  That's crucial with short range torps.

Charging ahead, you hugged too close to the island at A, within your detection range.  Unless you're confident nothing will pop around that corner, stay at least your detect range away from it (6km)

No need for smoke but you know that already. Smoke just gives away your general location.  A ship with radar/hydro could spot you but you blocked your team's sight, they can't return fire.

Going in circles, why?  You can tell nothing is in cap, you could possibly have pursued the BB's north.  ~3 minutes wasted doing nothing between A and C

16:00 Keep an eye on the map.  2 of their DD have been spotted east, keep an eye out for the other 2 to be spotted.  DDs are your nemesis

14:30 too close to the Nagato, torps are in a wide spread.  Keep them narrow for anything less than 4 tubes.  Could also have smoked up and started firing HE for some fires, nothing is going to chase you into smoke

You saw the last enemy DD 2 minutes ago, but you went north and charged at him, as far as i can tell you didn't look at him until he was 1.5km away and got lucky with a dodge.  Always watch the minimap.  Use + to increase the size

12:00 Don't waste time launching torps at a cruiser with 500 HP.  Just shoot it again before it shoots you.

11:30 Nagato is targeting you.  Full stop and smoke up, use your teammate vision and launch torps in a spread and shoot AP at the superstructure at that range, save you some damage taken

9:30 Heading to B is good, but you waste a lot of time and bleed speed doing unnecessary maneuvers

9:15 Spotted by Fujin you can't see due to camo.  It has 500 health.  You smoked up, take a few shots while turning back west to put smoke between you and his friends.

8:00 Graf Spee is charging you and your friendly BB.  Stop in your own smoke and shoot it.  Torps won't get to him before he dies and you risk hitting your BB

Heading to D is the right call, game ends before you get there, but again you waste a lot of time maneuvering for nothing.

Let me know if you have any others, as you can tell a lot of us are willing to provide insight.

WanderingGhost #47 Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:08 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

Easy way to be right on torp spread - just use the tight spread 90% of the time. It's better at long range as they already spread out, and can be great at short range if your accurate for devastating strikes (reasons I'm pro nerfing torpedo damage for everything, including CV's as well as removing their manual drop). Wide spread is really only good for as said above, grouped ships. Or if you have say, 2-3 quintuple launchers and are trying to cover a very wide area smokescreen or a close range target that's maneuvering a lot. Or UK ships in general (may not be DD's but still). Also, IJN guns are terribad except I think maybe the new tier 8 "hybrid" line ship. Minekaze still has a great deal of stealth to use to take opponents by surprise with devastating torpedo attacks, really, even in the "hybrid" line it's still IJN's calling card.  Almost best to think of them a Ninja's. Pick your target, get as close as you feel safe (I tend to get right up on the spotting range limit to reduce the range as much as possible), fire a full salvo, first tube on the guide, and the others offset, so if the ship turns theirs still a chance at hitting them, fall back a bit to reload. RPF will make it a pain cause they'll know your general direction now and where to chase to even if you pop smoke after getting spotted, but still the most viable tactic in IJN. Some may say I'm wasting ammo and making it so I can't take out other ships but usually 50-100k damage games and BB's cursing me? I'll stick with it.

Pulicat #48 Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

Commander

• Members

So, I gave it a good watch.

Reading through, there is a lot of nit pick going on. I don't feel like that's something really helpful. Situations greatly vary in this game, and there is no one size fits all answer to them.

I've had people ask to division with me to learn, and they always ask me what to do in x situation. My best answer is to access the situation yourself and apply past experience. I try to impart general tools to people and let them adapt it into their play as a whole, instead of what to do in uncommon or rare situations alone.

From what I saw in how you played, you seem to struggle a bit with awareness.

There is no simple solution for awareness. It's a habit break from 'tunnel vision', and habits are nasty things sometimes.

Put a sticky note on your monitor that says "shoot, right click". holding right click will take you out of bino view temporarily & retain your gun position in that view while also giving you a visual reminder to look ahead & around you as well as your minimap. It took some practice, but it worked for me. If you choose to try it, I hope it will work for you as well. This should help you notice things like surprise ambushes, what your enemies & allies are doing on a larger scale (minimap) etc. Further practice will increase the amount of information you can get, and then you can apply this information into better courses of action.

Edited by Pulicat, 31 January 2017 - 12:16 PM.

JustinOldDude #49 Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

How did you get that nice 3d look to the ribbons? They look really nice BTW

NikoPower #50 Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

View PostLord_Zath, on 30 January 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I hope you're OK with me doing this.  If there's a problem, let me know and I'll take it down right away.  It's a quick-and-dirty commentary but hopefully you'll get some good out of it.  I don't know if anyone commented on your flag choices.  Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler

That's it! Lord_Zath has been banned from the forums.

Posted Image

Really though, I don't have a problem with it.

View PostEdgecase, on 30 January 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Since I don't think it's been commented on yet (I haven't watched the video), here are some things I noticed from your camera:

• Use free look more often. Your guns are swiveling all over the place, and that's something you can't always afford on a ship with slow turrets (of which there are several in the IJN destroyer line).
  • You have a good idea of where to aim, and you can put the shells in the right places, but you tend to tunnel vision while scoped in. While we're all guilty of that sometimes, it would probably improve your situational awareness to pop out and look around more often (and mash that KeyPad+ to make the map huge).

On a related note, is there any chance we can get a permanent thread or sub-forum for "rate my play" threads? I think they can be very instructional to new players, or experienced players who are working to improve.

I do use free look. Usually with right unless I am planning on moving my turrets in a certain direction anyways. Other times, I happen to forget. Not super often but occasionally I'll catch myself.

View PostWyngs_2015, on 30 January 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Great idea Niko! :great: Im afraid that I cant be of much help since your playing IJN. That line just isn't my cup of tea. I think Slak had a good idea though. US DD's have kinda the same flavor as CL's in a way, may fit your background a little better, but who knows may be something to think about. Anyway, I think its great to see a Dev connecting to the player base this way and I will be checking this thread often. Good luck! :honoring:

I won't only be playing IJN DDs. I do plan on giving them all a shot to find which is the right fit for me for now. Expect to see a variation.

I thought this would be fun and I know the Destroyer is second weakest only to CVs. So I thought, why not let the players help me out.

View PostJustinOldDude, on 31 January 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

How did you get that nice 3d look to the ribbons? They look really nice BTW

It comes from our LEGAL modpack. I know someone previously mentioned I was using them. These mods have been vetted and cleared by our team, all the way up to the devs, for use. These DO NOT give unfair advantage.
http://dl-wows-gc.wa..._EN_0.6.0.1.exe ,_ These are shared with just about every update.

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Zampy #51 Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 31 January 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

I won't only be playing IJN DDs. I do plan on giving them all a shot to find which is the right fit for me for now. Expect to see a variation.

I thought this would be fun and I know the Destroyer is second weakest only to CVs. So I thought, why not let the players help me out.

​2nd weakest only because they have a higher skill ceiling.  DD's are downright dangerous to any class of ship without radar

Lord_Zath #52 Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

LOL thanks for the ban!

sbcptnitro #53 Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostLord_Zath, on 31 January 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

LOL thanks for the ban!

You should start a service of replay commenting.

"oh...you used your guns...ok..um.."  LOL! Love it! 

A very kind way of saying "Why the [bleep] did you do that??"

Edited by sbcptnitro, 31 January 2017 - 07:24 PM.

jagerkuro #54 Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Adding on to what others have said. Situational awareness is a big deal especially in IJN dds. allowing other dds to get close is usually a death sentence at higher tiers. Also in IJN dds knowing when to use your guns is important as usually it will reveal your location and can cause the enemy team to start taking evasive maneuvers making it harder to land torps.

BlueMistPvP #55 Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

Ensign

• Members

I got your back :D

As a DD main, I always love helping others improve their DD play. I'm a USN and VMF DD main, so with IJN and KM im a bit iffy. Rules of thumb

IJN: 

-Get RL. Your guns are not very effective in a close range knifefight. Knowing where enemy DDs can be is very useful indeed

-At higher tiers, don't fire torps in a straight line right down the indicator. Instead, fire a "wall" of skill to cover a wider area and maximize possible hits

-Stagger the launch. Fire one spread of torps, then wait about til its halfway reloaded, then fire the other. This is best used while fighting delaying actions on a weak flank, as it essentially cuts your reload time in half

USN:

-These DDs are the more "every man" nation. Jack of all trades, master of none

-These DDs, due to their very poor shell ballistics, operate best at close range knife fighting other DDs and contesting caps

-These DDs have the longest lasting smoke in the game. Use it to cover your team's Bbs and CAs when they need it. If no Radar is present, you will usually have to exit the smoke and spot targets for them to shoot at

VMF:

-Get AFT and stay at range spamming guns; HE at most targets and all DDs, AP at broadside CAs and BBs. Burn anyone else you shouldn't be around. Nuff said there. These DDs are gunboats all the way

-Higher tier torps are for zoning rather then damage. Don't expect to use them much, if at all

KM:

-Right click the ship, then select "sell." Then press "Yes." Profit

The_first_harbinger #56 Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Niko...just a humble note of a small detail that few of us has mentioned...

If you are spotted within close proximity (i.e. within 9km) of a battleship, and it's not possible to stealth up again without he taking a shot, it's the best not to turn in nor turn out more than 60 degrees until the target has fired its first salvo. Dramatic turns may lead to some devastating strikes to be scored, as the armor piercing may spend more time traveling in your ship and eventually detonating inside instead of passing out harmlessly if you are showing too much cross section length to the battleship...

Such may be more significant against battleships with smaller caliber guns and high shell arc, I.e. ships like Scharnhorst and warspite.

"May the Meteorblitzkrieg begin!"
Battleship Cult Cardinal

Ships that deserves Admirals' love series

Latest addition: Algérie

Lord_Zath #57 Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

View Postsbcptnitro, on 31 January 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

You should start a service of replay commenting.

"oh...you used your guns...ok..um.."  LOL! Love it! 

A very kind way of saying "Why the [bleep] did you do that??"

I've actually thought about doing that!  But I'm worried that I'd be flooded with replay requests and not enough time..

Herr_Reitz #58 Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostLord_Zath, on 01 February 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

I've actually thought about doing that!  But I'm worried that I'd be flooded with replay requests and not enough time..

There are people in WoT who charge serious money to "ride along with you" to educate you. Consider it an option. 

Yuzral #59 Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

• Members

Lord_Zath beat me to it (bah!)...but here are my thoughts:

TL,DW:

1) Camo - swap out the New Year camo for something with concealment...or bribe the programmers to add concealment and dispersion to the NY camo.  It doesn't have it
​2) Signals - you can definitely lose India Delta, Mike Yankee Soxsix and November Echo Setteseven.  The first two are useless, the third adds 0.3 AA dps...so...yeah...
​3) Some of those shots at the Pensacola were never going to hit.  Not a problem in Kami with a 45 second reload.  Bit more of an issue at higher tiers with 90s+reloads.

4) Always keep one eye on the minimap.  If that Mutsuki hadn't clutched his launch, you would have been dead.
​5) Could probably be more aggressive in positioning.  Definitely so once you get concealment expert and stealth camo for that magic 5.4km spotting distance.

6) Would have gone for a snap guns shot on the Fujin towards the end

​Otherwise, that was a very solid performance.  Looking forward to the next one!

Disclaimer:  Should not be taken as an indication of competence.  Warranties void where applicable.
​Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, talking like a pirate, a desire to consume grog, ランダム日本語,, torpedoes and torpedobeat-induced rage. 
And my WoWs videos can be found at https://www.youtube....jv2tBl4d2qVvEOW

RevTKS #60 Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 30 January 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

• A couple mentioned I was a bit timid in my battle. This is true. It's mostly because I'm still getting my confidence up in Destroyers. This will change over time.
  • Popping smoke was actually a mistake by my fumbling fingers. It wasn't intentional . I was rather annoyed with myself when I pressed it. I tend to hover my fingers over the R and T key in case I need to hit 1-3 or RTY.
  • I realized that I should have pushed up and around. I got a bit of the lookie loo mentality for a bit and it kept me getting dangerously close to being destroyed.
  • That destroyer.... yeah. I should have see it but I was too busy focusing on two other ships. I was lucky. No more, no less.
  • As for spread and narrow, I tend to go back and forth depending on the situation. I'm not always right, clearly. Lol.

Thank you all though. I will get another game in here pretty soon and take your feedback into account. We will see how it turns out.

The Fujin is a unique DD; narrow spread works very well for her in almost all situations except area denial. Other DDs, I tend to switch back and forth myself as the need arises. But Kami almost always does better with narrow spread. Those two hits are devastating, and she has a quick reload. Keep on rocking :)

Edited by RevTKS, 02 February 2017 - 04:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users