Premium CVs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium CVs (51 members have cast votes)

Which is your favorite CV of the ones I've suggested?

1. Saratoga (7 votes [13.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.73%

2. Yorktown (12 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Hornet (9 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. Akagi/Kaga (14 votes [27.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

5. Shinano (9 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

JediMasterDraco #1 Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Well I know there is a potential CV rework being played with at HQ, I'm just here to toss out some potential premium CV ideas, each having a relatively unique role. Please note that these are for the US and Japan only. Britain's probably got a CV line somewhere and I want to see the flavor of that before I go tossing out any suggestions as to what their premiums could do.

First, 'Murica

Saratoga- While her sister the Lexington is already in the game (and since Lady Lex was sunk relatively early in the war, you're basically playing the refitted Saratoga), Saratoga would have a very unique ability. She could switch between playing as a CV and playing more like a normal ship with her original main battery armament of eight 8"-guns (in four double turrets). This would be achieved by pressing a certain key. This mode change would come at a cost wherein you couldn't just switch between the two wily-nily. There would be a cooldown time where you'd have to spend X amount of time in your new mode before switching back. In "normal ship" mode, you also wouldn't be able to launch or direct any air strikes (though you could still recover aircraft and planes that had been assigned orders would complete them).

Yorktown- Given this ship's fame for rapid repair jobs, I figure an interesting idea would be to give her a battleship's Damage Repair Party consumable. A possible restriction would be that it could only repair damage from air attacks.

Hornet- The second Yorktown-class. She'd be equipped (in addition to a normal complement) either with one 16-plane squadron or two 8-plane squadrons of B-25s (no benefit from Air Supremacy). These could launch one attack a piece and then only be used for spotting (and only for X amount of time; otherwise DDs would REALLY get pissed). The attack would have a pattern similar to TBs, but would have an affect like DBs (modeled after the tactic of skip-bombing). The normal compliment could then be launched AFTER all B-25s are away, but it would have an extended timer like the squadron had all just been shot down and needed to be completely replaced.

As a note, I'd love to add the Enterprise (what ship besides the Gray Ghost deserves such a status?), but I'm not sure what I could do for her special abilities. Maybe give her a combination Fighter/Dive Bomber.

Now for Yamamoto's little prizes.

Akagi/Kaga- Basically they would be like a Japanese version of the Saratoga, though they would have some differences since these 8"-guns were single-mounted. Personally I would prefer the Kaga since she was based on a BB and had more guns.

Shinano- I know they had this in the CB and she was removed due to having capacity issues. An idea I had is to give her a unique consumable similar to a BB's Repair Party. She could replenish her aircraft reserves with X amount of planes. This would only be available when she had suffered losses though and would probably only be available once or twice with the stock consumable, depending on how many planes were replaced. I know it seems gimmicky, but it could (theoretically) represent her crew taking planes out of storage. Shinano was originally intended as a support CV; she'd have enough aircraft to operate as an independent CV, but she would also have replacement stocks for other CVs that she was with.

I'd like some opinions on what people think about these. Don't be afraid to make suggestions of your own. CVs are a much maligned class, but they also represent a class that offers a lot of fun gameplay for those familiar with RTS systems.

USA: St Louis (CA III), Clemson (DD IV), Wyoming (BB IV), Langley, (CV IV), Texas (BB V Prem),  Bogue (CV V), Cleveland (CA VI), New Mexico (BB VI), Arizona (BB VI Prem), Mahan (DD VII), Pensacola, (CA VII), Atlanta (CA VII Prem), Colorado (BB VII), Saipan (CV VII Prem), North Carolina (BB VIII), Lexington (CV VIII), Fletcher (DD IX), Des Moines (CA X; 2nd), Midway (CV X; 1st)                                                                  British: Leander (CA VI), Belfast (CA VII Prem)

Japan: Mikasa (BB II Prem), Kamikaze (DD V Prem), Kongo (BB V), Hatsuharu (DD VI), Fuso (BB VI), Ryujo (CV VI), Shiratsuyu (Jap DD VII), Akatsuki (DD VII), Myoko (CA VII), Kagero (DD VIII), Mogami (CA VIII), Atago (CA VIII Prem), Amagi (BB VIII), Shokaku (CV VIII)

Germany: Dresden (CA II), V-170 (DD IV), Konigsberg (CA V), Konig (BB V), Nurnberg (CA VI), Yorck (CA VII), Gneisenau (BB VII),  Scharnhorst (BB VII Prem), Admiral Hipper (CA VIII). Tirpitz (BB VIII Prem), Hindenburg (Ger CA X; 3rd)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Soviet Union: Bogatyr (CA III), Svietlana (CA IV), Imperator Nikola I (BB IV Prem), Gremyashchy (DD V Prem), Murmansk (Rus CA V Prem), Budyonny (CA VI), Molotov (CA VI Prem), Shchors (CA VII), Kiev (DD VIII), Chapayev (CA VIII), Mikhail Kutuzov (CA VIII Prem), Udaloi (DD IX), Khabarovsk (Rus DD X)

Poland: Blyskawica (DD VII Prem)

Planned: Gearing (USA DD X), Montana (USA BB X), Akizuki (Jap DD VIII), Shimakaze (Jap DD X), Zao (Jap CA X), Yamato (Jap BB X), Hakuryu (Jap CV X), Dmitri Donskoi (Rus CA IX), Moskva (Rus CA X)

Combined_Fleet_HQ #2 Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I don't think Shinano is gonna premium. If I remember vaguely, there's suppose to be a CV split somewhere down the line and Shinano will be the Tier X of that line.

I mean she is one of the largest CVs ever so I'd find it hard to set her as a VIII premium, you could do something like Missouri where its a exp requirement but even then I don't see that happening

I don't remember where I heard this so take it with a grain of salt

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ, 26 January 2017 - 08:05 AM.

Disclaimer: My stats are reflective of luck, not skill

FOG Recruiter

TenguBlade #3 Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostCombined_Fleet_HQ, on 26 January 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

I don't think Shinano is gonna premium. If I remember vaguely, there's suppose to be a CV split somewhere down the line and Shinano will be the Tier X of that line.

I mean she is one of the largest CVs ever so I'd find it hard to set her as a VIII premium, you could do something like Missouri where its a exp requirement but even then I don't see that happening

Shinano had a model made from the Alpha era; she was the T10 CV at the time.  Only 40 planes in her air group, but she was about as stealthy as Hakuryu with similar AA armament, ridiculous amounts of HP, and even better armor.  Balancing nightmare, in other words.  Notions that she'll return not as a premium but as a tech tree ship are largely based around that, and the suggested theme of "conversions only" for the second IJN CV line.

Edited by TenguBlade, 26 January 2017 - 08:57 AM.

"My name is Captain Terence Stone, and this is my prison.  You're here on the inside because you can't behave like normal human beings on the outside!  Make no mistake - you belong to me now, and you'll do what I say, or you'll be sorry that you didn't...You were sent here to be rehabilitated, and rehabilitate you, we will." -Mafia II (euphemized)

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny/Ognevoi, Shchors, Nürnberg, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

JediMasterDraco #4 Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

• Members

View PostCombined_Fleet_HQ, on 26 January 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Just because Shinano was at tier X in the CBT, doesn't mean she would stay there. A similar example would be like how Saipan used to be the tier VI. I'll admit there could be various balancing issues. Like I said, these were just ideas I was tossing out. And if I recall correctly, WoT has tier X premiums. If you don't want to sell it, you could make it the reward for a campaign. A very long, CV focused campaign so that you know people aren't going to be complete crapin it.

USA: St Louis (CA III), Clemson (DD IV), Wyoming (BB IV), Langley, (CV IV), Texas (BB V Prem),  Bogue (CV V), Cleveland (CA VI), New Mexico (BB VI), Arizona (BB VI Prem), Mahan (DD VII), Pensacola, (CA VII), Atlanta (CA VII Prem), Colorado (BB VII), Saipan (CV VII Prem), North Carolina (BB VIII), Lexington (CV VIII), Fletcher (DD IX), Des Moines (CA X; 2nd), Midway (CV X; 1st)                                                                  British: Leander (CA VI), Belfast (CA VII Prem)

Japan: Mikasa (BB II Prem), Kamikaze (DD V Prem), Kongo (BB V), Hatsuharu (DD VI), Fuso (BB VI), Ryujo (CV VI), Shiratsuyu (Jap DD VII), Akatsuki (DD VII), Myoko (CA VII), Kagero (DD VIII), Mogami (CA VIII), Atago (CA VIII Prem), Amagi (BB VIII), Shokaku (CV VIII)

Germany: Dresden (CA II), V-170 (DD IV), Konigsberg (CA V), Konig (BB V), Nurnberg (CA VI), Yorck (CA VII), Gneisenau (BB VII),  Scharnhorst (BB VII Prem), Admiral Hipper (CA VIII). Tirpitz (BB VIII Prem), Hindenburg (Ger CA X; 3rd)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Soviet Union: Bogatyr (CA III), Svietlana (CA IV), Imperator Nikola I (BB IV Prem), Gremyashchy (DD V Prem), Murmansk (Rus CA V Prem), Budyonny (CA VI), Molotov (CA VI Prem), Shchors (CA VII), Kiev (DD VIII), Chapayev (CA VIII), Mikhail Kutuzov (CA VIII Prem), Udaloi (DD IX), Khabarovsk (Rus DD X)

Planned: Gearing (USA DD X), Montana (USA BB X), Akizuki (Jap DD VIII), Shimakaze (Jap DD X), Zao (Jap CA X), Yamato (Jap BB X), Hakuryu (Jap CV X), Dmitri Donskoi (Rus CA IX), Moskva (Rus CA X)

xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx #5 Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

HMCS Bonaventure with F2H Banshee's :trollface: 

PD666 #6 Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostJediMasterDraco, on 26 January 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Well I know there is a potential CV rework being played with at HQ, I'm just here to toss out some potential premium CV ideas, each having a relatively unique role. Please note that these are for the US and Japan only. Britain's probably got a CV line somewhere and I want to see the flavor of that before I go tossing out any suggestions as to what their premiums could do.

First, 'Murica

Saratoga- While her sister the Lexington is already in the game (and since Lady Lex was sunk relatively early in the war, you're basically playing the refitted Saratoga), Saratoga would have a very unique ability. She could switch between playing as a CV and playing more like a normal ship with her original main battery armament of eight 8"-guns (in four double turrets). This would be achieved by pressing a certain key. This mode change would come at a cost wherein you couldn't just switch between the two wily-nily. There would be a cooldown time where you'd have to spend X amount of time in your new mode before switching back. In "normal ship" mode, you also wouldn't be able to launch or direct any air strikes (though you could still recover aircraft and planes that had been assigned orders would complete them).

Yorktown- Given this ship's fame for rapid repair jobs, I figure an interesting idea would be to give her a battleship's Damage Repair Party consumable. A possible restriction would be that it could only repair damage from air attacks.

Hornet- The second Yorktown-class. She'd be equipped (in addition to a normal complement) either with one 16-plane squadron or two 8-plane squadrons of B-25s (no benefit from Air Supremacy). These could launch one attack a piece and then only be used for spotting (and only for X amount of time; otherwise DDs would REALLY get pissed). The attack would have a pattern similar to TBs, but would have an affect like DBs (modeled after the tactic of skip-bombing). The normal compliment could then be launched AFTER all B-25s are away, but it would have an extended timer like the squadron had all just been shot down and needed to be completely replaced.

As a note, I'd love to add the Enterprise (what ship besides the Gray Ghost deserves such a status?), but I'm not sure what I could do for her special abilities. Maybe give her a combination Fighter/Dive Bomber.

Akagi/Kaga- Basically they would be like a Japanese version of the Saratoga, though they would have some differences since these 8"-guns were single-mounted. Personally I would prefer the Kaga since she was based on a BB and had more guns.

Shinano- I know they had this in the CB and she was removed due to having capacity issues. An idea I had is to give her a unique consumable similar to a BB's Repair Party. She could replenish her aircraft reserves with X amount of planes. This would only be available when she had suffered losses though and would probably only be available once or twice with the stock consumable, depending on how many planes were replaced. I know it seems gimmicky, but it could (theoretically) represent her crew taking planes out of storage. Shinano was originally intended as a support CV; she'd have enough aircraft to operate as an independent CV, but she would also have replacement stocks for other CVs that she was with.

I'd like some opinions on what people think about these. Don't be afraid to make suggestions of your own. CVs are a much maligned class, but they also represent a class that offers a lot of fun gameplay for those familiar with RTS systems.

Finaly!! Someone mentions bomb skipping! I posted that on my own forum for an idea for fixing CVs. I also agree with the new premiums. Let's hope a developer checks this forum.

Edited by PD666, 26 January 2017 - 01:37 PM.

Combined_Fleet_HQ #7 Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 26 January 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

Shinano had a model made from the Alpha era; she was the T10 CV at the time.  Only 40 planes in her air group, but she was about as stealthy as Hakuryu with similar AA armament, ridiculous amounts of HP, and even better armor.  Balancing nightmare, in other words.  Notions that she'll return not as a premium but as a tech tree ship are largely based around that, and the suggested theme of "conversions only" for the second IJN CV line.

ahh gotcha, thx

View PostJediMasterDraco, on 26 January 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

Just because Shinano was at tier X in the CBT, doesn't mean she would stay there. A similar example would be like how Saipan used to be the tier VI. I'll admit there could be various balancing issues. Like I said, these were just ideas I was tossing out. And if I recall correctly, WoT has tier X premiums. If you don't want to sell it, you could make it the reward for a campaign. A very long, CV focused campaign so that you know people aren't going to be complete crapin it.

Indeed WoT has X premiums but WoWs development isn't as symmetrical as it should seem. The majority of the community was surprised at the notion of even a IX premium and was met with some divisiveness. I don't think they would introduce a X CV as a clan war reward with a much needed CV rework having been proposed for the year  

Disclaimer: My stats are reflective of luck, not skill

FOG Recruiter

Hatework #8 Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Why are Kaga and Akagi lumped together?  Akagi (which i want) has that sexy Port side island.  Kaga has a starboard island. 

This poll is rigged, rigged i tell ya!

Carrier_Lexington #9 Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I will suggest Hornet, with some changes:

You can land and service B-25 squadrons and B-25s drop two bombs per plane per engagement instead of the one typical of regular dive bombers, but do not get any Torpedo bombers. (Yes, I know, the B-25s couldn't land on carriers, but most destroyers couldn't reload their torpedo tubes at sea, either.) They attack with 1,000lb bombs.

B-25s have drastically increased survivability AND rear-gunner DPS.

The only reason that I'm not suggesting Saratoga is that A) it's almost exactly like a Lexington, except with manual guns, and B) it is rumored that Manual Guns will be the Graf Zeppelin's "special attack."

Edited by Carrier_Lexington, 26 January 2017 - 05:39 PM.

"GIT OFF MY WALL!"-- Zeppelin vonSchulteiss, Lighter than Heir

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett

JediMasterDraco #10 Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:45 AM

• Members

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 26 January 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

You can land and service B-25 squadrons and B-25s drop two bombs per plane per engagement instead of the one typical of regular dive bombers, but do not get any Torpedo bombers. (Yes, I know, the B-25s couldn't land on carriers, but most destroyers couldn't reload their torpedo tubes at sea, either.) They attack with 1,000lb bombs.

The only reason that I'm not suggesting Saratoga is that A) it's almost exactly like a Lexington, except with manual guns, and B) it is rumored that Manual Guns will be the Graf Zeppelin's "special attack."

Of course Saratoga is almost exactly like a Lexington, they were sister ships, as for Manual Guns for Graf Zeppelin, it's a possibility, but they'd only be 6". Admittedly, six-inch guns are the bane of DDs. With the Saratoga, I envisioned something like the Lexington from the Axis and Allies miniature game. Once your planes were gone, you'd still have the opportunity to make your enemies have a really bad day.

As for rearming the B-25s on Hornet, the reason I made it a one-off thing was because the Hornet was unable to utilize her flight deck while the bombers were taking up all of it (hence why Enterprise went with her and why neither ship was available for Coral Sea). Plus, if you get multiple runs from an aircraft that was infamous for being a ship-killer, you just know that someone will start moaning P2W.

TheBossNC #11 Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:55 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I think Yorktown will be in second US CV line. I think Enterprise should go in on her servive record alone even if it had no gimmics.

dark.png

Pelagic Pirates 

TsundereMusashi #12 Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

• Members

No mention of either Enterprise or Zuikaku? 

JediMasterDraco #13 Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

• Members

View PostTsundereMusashi, on 27 January 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

No mention of either Enterprise or Zuikaku?

I did mention the Enterprise. I also stated that I wasn't sure what kind of special rule to give her. Pleas read a post in its entirety. As for Zuikaku, give a suggestion in how to differentiate it from Shokaku.

C6tom #14 Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

Seaman

• Members

If any premium carrier is added and it's not the USS Enterprise CV-6 it would be a crime capable of trial at the Hague. It's bad enough they skipped over the Yorktown class in the normal tree for the Lexington. I am aware it was mentioned in the post. For special abilities I don't know

Edited by C6tom, 27 January 2017 - 11:52 PM.

Carrier_Lexington #15 Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJediMasterDraco, on 27 January 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

I did mention the Enterprise. I also stated that I wasn't sure what kind of special rule to give her. Pleas read a post in its entirety. As for Zuikaku, give a suggestion in how to differentiate it from Shokaku.

The Enterprise is the Tier 10 carrier, and its B hull is the USS Enterprise CVN-65... It's C Hull is USS Enterprise NC 1701 :)

No, that's a joke.

The Enterprise gets a Repair Party consumable and is much stealthier than any other USN Carrier of equivalent tier, but has less hitpoints than any carrier of equivalent tier. It also gets the ability to, once per round, replenish half of its reserves (in remembrance of how she saved the planes and crew from Hornet).

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett

Carrier_Lexington #16 Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJediMasterDraco, on 27 January 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

As for rearming the B-25s on Hornet, the reason I made it a one-off thing was because the Hornet was unable to utilize her flight deck while the bombers were taking up all of it (hence why Enterprise went with her and why neither ship was available for Coral Sea). Plus, if you get multiple runs from an aircraft that was infamous for being a ship-killer, you just know that someone will start moaning P2W.

The B-25 was infamous for skip-bombing merchants, not warships. Anyway, you could simplify that by making two squads of 3 B-25s that drop 2x 1,000lb bombs each (total 12, just like two Lex squads), but that have higher Survivability.

Koyah7D #17 Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:00 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Saratoga- I think the above idea of the mode switch to heavy gunnery with some sort of cooldown is excellent...

Yorktown - enhanced repair abilities, could be hopped up or numerous repair consumables, or the above mentioned BB type recovery which is a fitting homage to CV-5

Hornet- higher top speed. The B-25 ideas above are interesting but my suggestion if you absolutely have to have B-25s is have maybe 4 shots of 1 or 2 bombers. From port, they can be configured as a bomber that then can loiter for a bit as recon, or be configured for ground attack that can harrass destroyers for a bit.. both types have limited loiter and fly off the map when bingo since they shouldn't be able to land at sea...the argument I saw above about most real life DDs not being able to reload torpedoes is pretty a good counter, but it's more believable than B-25s landing on a Yorktown class carrier.. let Hornet launch her normal air group at her leisure, but don't let her also be able to send out more than 8 or so B-25s.. She would have the cool tiger stripe camo..

Enterprise- better rudder shift (all 3 should turn hard no matter what), maybe a wicked defensive fire cool down AND the BB type recovery, both would be worth it as part of a package because CV-6 should be a Premium. It would make sense for Enterprise to be the ship in the tech tree though because she was actually upgraded during the war. Maybe Enterprise should be a upgradable premium..? Dark dark grey...

TheKaiserSose101 #18 Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 26 January 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Just my thoughts on premium cv's. tiers based on amount of planes carried in real life, general size and what other ships they were comparable to within their nation.

I would have to say one of the Yorktown class at tier 8 its a reasonable step between the Lexington and Essex, it's unique from the remaining carriers with a nice history to go with them. Personally i would like the

Hornet but ultimately up to WG. I cant say anything good for the Saratoga because its 2 degrees off of the Lexington, but the again so is Prinz Eugen and hipper..... so that argument already has precedence against it.

Graff zeppelin at tier 6 for a german carrier, maybe tier 7 for balancing issues, i don't know what WG would do if they decided to add her.

Shinano would be interesting to see eventually, because she is a yamato converted to a carrier. enough said. however i can see that as a balancing nightmare.

Unryu or Ikoma class would also be nice for the japanese cv tier 7 or 8, but also akagi or kaga would be nice to fit in as well,  probably at tier 8, but once again completely up to WG.

Edited by TheKaiserSose101, 24 February 2017 - 09:13 AM.

justsmith #19 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

WG can't realy add any new premium cv till after they have worked out they revamp anyway and how they want CVs to play and work. As cvs are still in alpha/beta when it comes to wg now and how they going to change them.

Personaly i want the USS Robin as a premium cv.

Tzarevitch #20 Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

• Members

View PostJediMasterDraco, on 26 January 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

First, 'Murica

​A couple of notes,  the game engine apparently doesn't support ships operating as a CV and a gunboat. That's why the Tones and the Ises haven't appeared. The problem would be the same for CVs with heavy guns like  Akagi, Kaga and the unrefitted Lexingtons. Interestingly Graf Zeppelin has been announced and she also had heavy casemate guns. We will have to see how they implement that, but my bet is they are secondaries.

Secondly Hornet is the third Yorktown class not the second. Enterprise was second. Yorktown and Enterprise were built under Washington Treaty limitations. USS Wasp (a 1-off scaled down version) made up the remaining treaty tonnage. Hornet was a bonus baby that the US built years later after the treaty expired. To expedite carrier construction the US just used the Yorktown design with very slight changes and thus Hornet was born. Speaking of that, you left USS Wasp off of your list. It could land as a T7. It was about Ranger's size but was a better ship in every way.

Saratoga is kinda meh. She was the least accomplished of the carriers that fought extensively in WWII. She survived because she was torpedoed so often (the Lexingtons were huge ships the least agile ships in the entire US navy) that she spent much of the early days of the Pacific war under repair. She spent the middle portions of the war as a trainer when other more modern carriers became available and she only reappeared as an active ship near the end of the war when she got hit again. Sister Sara was considered to be a very unlucky ship (although she was lucky enough to survive.) I don't think there is much of a point to her as a premium when Enterprise, Yorktown, and Wasp are far more interesting and add something new to the game.

I think most of the famous carriers of WWII will show up as premiums at some point, particularly Enterprise. A lot of people would buy her even if they don't play carriers much. I doubt Shinano will ever appear. It isn't so much a balance issue as I don't think they will ever do a T10 premium. I think that is asking for problems. The only way I think the would ever make one is if they could but an additional bar to entry similar to the one they used for Missouri. They could, for instance, not allow it to be purchased unless you already have a T10 carrier or something. I don't think they will do it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users