Seattle Gatherings and Shipmates

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

mesmergoat #1 Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

Seaman

• Members

Are there any gatherings or groups in the Seattle area? I live in Bremerton, near the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. This is a real navy town and that's great for warship enthusiasts. The Midway was here for many years before being moved out to be a museum ship. Several carriers mothballed that are fun to look at. And nothing like watching when the Stennis comes into port. We have a a couple of nice naval museums here as well.

Would like to find a group of people into naval history. I have a degree in history and have studied the development of armored ships from the old Civil War ironclads on.

Varsol #2 Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I live in Seattle and while I'd be interested in a meetup I have some difficulties in that I work as a merchant seaman and am away half of the time and also have an infant so when I'm not gone it's baby time 24/7. In any case if anything does go together and you let me know there's a chance that I may be able to attend.

mesmergoat #3 Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Seaman

• Members

I've never attended a player event, so I don't know what that looks like, but it might be fun to arrange something with the Naval Museum here for a player gathering.

LuckyOtter #4 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:01 AM

Ensign

• Members

Wargaming has an office in Seattle... so, maybe?

Gray Wolf Recruitment Officer                                 

USN: T6 New Mexico, Farragut and Cleveland; T7 Ranger; T8 Lexington, North Carolina, New Orleans; T9 Fletcher --- IJN: T4 Isokaze; T5 Furutaka and Zuiho; T6 Fuso, Fubuki and Ryuho; T7 Myoko; T8 Shokaku and Shiratsuya; T9 Yugumo and Ibuki; --- RU: T6 Budyonny; T8 Chapeyev; T9 Udaloi; T10 Moskva --- KM:  T5 Konigsberg, T7 Leberecht Maass, T8 Adm. Hipper T9 Roon; T10 Gorber Kurfurst; --- UK: T6 Leander, T8 Edinburgh; --- PREMIUMS: T3 Campbeltown; T4 Imperitor Nickolai I and Ishizuchi; T5 Texas, Marblehead, Kamikaze R, Gremyashky, Murmansk,and ARP Hiei; T6 Warspite and Molotov; T7 Atlanta, Belfast,  Saipan, Scharnhorst, Blyskawica, Sims, ARP Hashigara and Nachi; T8 Mikhail Kutuzov, Lo Yang, Atago, ARP Takao, and Tirpitz!

missile742 #5 Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

OP -- looks like you joined the game right after PAX West.  WGNA has been at PAX past three years, though last year they weren't on the expo floor and instead rented the parking lot across from the Paramount Theater for the Crushing It event (replica Panzer III driving over random crap).  Saturday night was the player gathering / Lets Battle Tour event.  Was a good time with free food and drinks, plus rides on top of the PzIII.  I imagine they will be there again this year.

Retired AF Space and Missile Officer --  Missile Combat Crew Commander (Ellsworth, Minot), Missile Warning Crew Commander (Cheyenne Mt), Nuclear Strike Advisor (USNORTHCOM), Space Aggressor Tactics Flight Commander (Space Warfare Center), National Security Agency staff officer, NSA/CIA Joint Program Office Liaison Officer (Camp Victory, Iraq)

Viperone #6 Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Sorry to hear you live in Bremerton. Its a very quiet town now, maybe 3-4 bars now. Basically its dead. Bad for sailors. You know Sir Mixalot grew up in Port Orchard. He wrote a song about big butted women. 350 lbs with a bowling jacket and pink stretch pants like cottage cheese in nylons. Sailors poke em regular or anything else that dont run.

The ole Bull an Bash was friday night fight night always someone starts a fight from upstairs it was ring side. First time ever in this bar a gal was giving a guy a blow job in the window street side. Those were out of bounds places were so much fun and as a sailor ya get a memo about these bad places addresses and phone numbers.

Viperone #7 Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:40 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postmesmergoat, on 29 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

I've never attended a player event, so I don't know what that looks like, but it might be fun to arrange something with the Naval Museum here for a player gathering.

they are worth the effort of going and can be profitible too always cash and prizes.

mesmergoat #8 Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostViperone, on 18 February 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Sorry to hear you live in Bremerton. Its a very quiet town now, maybe 3-4 bars now. Basically its dead. Bad for sailors. You know Sir Mixalot grew up in Port Orchard. He wrote a song about big butted women. 350 lbs with a bowling jacket and pink stretch pants like cottage cheese in nylons. Sailors poke em regular or anything else that dont run.

The ole Bull an Bash was friday night fight night always someone starts a fight from upstairs it was ring side. First time ever in this bar a gal was giving a guy a blow job in the window street side. Those were out of bounds places were so much fun and as a sailor ya get a memo about these bad places addresses and phone numbers.

Ah, you know Bremerton well! 

SLRPY_MN #9 Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

aw lol I was just stationed there last year too bad I'm in san dog now.

DeathDealer32G #10 Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I live a little East of Snohomish and would be up for some sort of gathering. We have Everett Navy Base here as well so you are right it is a real Navy town. I used to Live in Bremerton on 6th st across from Norm [edited]Building. Know the area. I love looking at the old CV's and I am going to take my son to see U.S.S Turner Joy soon. Maybe a gathering there? It is a Fletcher class DD. 

WaWingsFan_15 #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I live near tacoma, the uss ranger was just in Bremerton I believe. It went down to Texas to get scrapped. I was on ghat cv when I was a kid. My dad was stationed on her  znd the kitty hawk when we lived in San Diego. I missed the ranger when she left wa for tx. Wish I could of seen her again. 

Member, Team Special Forces [SF], Supremacy League -Gold League - [SF-Kraken Jackers (SF-3)]

Vogon_Poet #12 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Yakima Valley here. I make a trip to Seattle every six weeks or so, and would love to attend a gathering of captains.

Wolff_Punisher #13 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

Ensign

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

Renton here and would live to see a player gathering sometime soon

I will always respect your thoughts and opinions, all I ask is that you do the same to mine

missile742 #14 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

WG has held a player gathering during the last three PAX West/Prime conventions in Seattle.  Last year was a Let's Battle Tour event.  PAX is Labor Day weekend so just keep an eye on the Warships official site and Facebook page for the announcement. 

Retired AF Space and Missile Officer --  Missile Combat Crew Commander (Ellsworth, Minot), Missile Warning Crew Commander (Cheyenne Mt), Nuclear Strike Advisor (USNORTHCOM), Space Aggressor Tactics Flight Commander (Space Warfare Center), National Security Agency staff officer, NSA/CIA Joint Program Office Liaison Officer (Camp Victory, Iraq)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users