QueNA 0.6.0 - Super Ultra Remix Hyper Edition EX+ w/ 2 Devs: Sub_Octavian + Welldone Friday 10am PST

Dev Q&A Patch 0.6.0

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Spartan036 #41 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

Seaman

• Members

Greeting!
Really thanks have opportunity to ask question!!!
​Q1: Will you add German Premium CV in 2017? I remember there is a word from WG that German tech line will have Premium CV, will it come out this year? if yes, is there any info about it?

​Q2: Is there any new info about how to rebalance CVs this year? how about the data of Saipan? we know that the flight control of US CV is a problem, and the CVs are have really huge affect in the game, what will happen to them next. Saipan is a really powerful premium CV, and is there any idea about how to balance it?

Q3: Is there any idea about buff IJN DD? they are not really helpful to cap point, and they also have less chance to hit battleship by trop now because the well protection of battleship.

​Q4: Is there any big balance change in plan? to rebalance the relation between each type of ships, and may be submarine will be added into game?

​Q5: Do you have any idea to change the problem that battleship shell hit destroyers but only cause little damage? if yes, what change will happen?

​Q6: I know that German DD have different way to play compare with any other DD, but I still want to ask what the data about German DD? especially high tier German DD. Currently, the most important job for DD is cap point, but German DD is not really good at this. Is there any change will happen on them in future?

​thanks for your patience and really hope you can answer my question.
​Hope WOWS will be better and better in the future!

IanTheDestroyer927 #42 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

The Dunkerque is one of my favorite ships. However, in real life, she had a turtleback armor layout similar to that of German BBs. This is not the case in game, as practically everybody is aware of her fragility. Is WG suppressing the French?

egikov #43 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:30 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Why the game doesn't have cruiser "Varyag"?

When it will appear in the game?

I_Am_DreadgeNought #44 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

My questions:

1)  Is there a plan to fix the fact that the 'direction of user' part of RDF / "RPF" does not work as of current Live?

(ie,  when RDF picks up a player, they are given the signal they are spotted along with the user's general direction back)

2) Plans to merge the "Priority Target" skill with the "Incoming Fire" skill, such that "Basics of Survival can be put at Lv.1

with perhaps an "Advanced Survivalist" skill at Lv.3 in it's place?  (akin to Basic/Advanced Firing Training)

3) As of current in Live, the function that while a ship is in the Main Base cap they have 0% detection avoidance does not work, such that in the Main Base/Cap a DD can be on the other side of a cap from a ship in plain view of it yet not be seen.

At the least ,

(A) a capping ship can be seen 300~3k% further away than normal when capping a Main Base, or

(B) a ship when in a Main Base/Cap is always seen at least on the map even if in smoke if there is LoS.

© a Main Base when capped does NOT give a starting bonus of 1000pts ending a match then but rather gives points while being capped along with a higher rate of points while a ship is In the cap of 10pts/sec.

"Glory to 'I Am' that I Am, and Bless'd be to 'I Am' that I Am, so Let it be that I Am All of Me."

Glory to the Truth, amen   >_<)'7

mightyjoxer #45 Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:18 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Question1. Current Data shows that on average per tier premium ships are out performing tech tree ships. Do you agree or disagree? Is this a concern for Wargaming? .

Question2.  Is Wargaming pleased with the activity on the test server? Is it a satisfactory sample size? Is the balance and Meta same or different on the public test server in comparison to live server? 

Question3.  It has been my experience that carriers are typically a lower tier then cruisers and destroyers are lower then battleships. Is there any mention of changes to matchmaker that would better pair carriers to cruiser levels ,and destroyers to battleship levels? 

isogamer #46 Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I'd like to ask a question regarding the new captain skill levels.

If you devs receive enough feedbacks for certain skills that could change place with one another (ex. swap Basics of Survivability with Preventive Maintenance), is that something devs would consider doing it? 

Because especially for level 1 skills, while there are many good choices for CVs, BBs are left with less attractive skills, maybe for DDs too. I'd like to see some skills get shuffled around so that each classes will  have, not mandatory, but fun and useful skills in every levels to choose from.

Thank you.

Dah_Bears268 #47 Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

OH, RPF must be killed! I should have the choice if my radio is even on to be located. Its pure stupidity to use a radio on a stealth platform at critical times. Give us a switch.

Edited by Dah_Bears268, 20 January 2017 - 05:07 AM.

OBT: Baltimore/Ibuki/South Carolina/Fuso/Hosho

CBT:Essex/Des Moines/Montana/Hakuryu/Zao/Yamato

TzarKizitski #48 Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

Seaman

• Members

Can we get an "Auto Captain Select" feature in the game. Something similar to a mod available in WOT with regards to automatically putting a commander back in a tank instead of having to go look for him and take him out of another tank. He then goes back to that tank when you select it (providing it is not already in battle). I've got 142 ships and it is a bit cumbersome looking for them all the time. Cheers!... 

tincan_SC #49 Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Can 6.0 be dumped? Please..........!

The_Pheasant_Plucker #50 Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

What happened to the fade in/out effect for ships I saw on TS? That was great! Please carry that over

Bluish #51 Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

During the first Q and A you shortly talked about a change in the later tier american cruisers. What changes do you intend to make to make them competitive and unique?  

OseanTanker #52 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

I just realized that this stream is at the exact same time as the inauguration.... Not trying to be political in anyway, but probably not the best timing.

Nevermind, I messed that up

Edited by OseanTanker, 20 January 2017 - 07:58 PM.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.​ -2nd Amendment

shadow_wolf2115 #53 Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I have only one Question at the moment. Do you guys play the game before hand to see how a line of ships might behave or the amount of enjoyment a player will have playing a said line, before/after balancing the ships/line on releasing them?

Numbah18 #54 Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Am I too late for question time :unsure: Will you be introducing any new Modifications any time soon? We have all these new commander skills but we haven't had a modification update in a while.

My other questions is do you plan on removing or reworking the Dog Fighting Captain skill since it is only maybe useful if you happen to be in a stock CV and the other ship has upgraded FT assuming it takes that into account and not just ship tier, or the rare moments when there are four CV in a match and two of them are at different tier. If you aren't going to change the dog fighting skill is that because you hope the CV population will pick up soon and start growing for the first time since halfway through beta?

Turkey, you say...? It's no joke!

Guards we move.

A list or nicknames in World of Warships http://tvtropes.org/...WorldOfWarships

TL_Warlord_Roff #55 Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

ok, up coming stuff..

British capital ships...

There are sufficient Britsh BB's to cover tiers 3 to possibly 8 with some obvious premiums.. will the Britsh Battle cruisers be a sub line? (it would make great sense to do so, but ya know wanna nail it down)

Will we be seeing the Britih 8" gun cruisers?  I know there aren't that many of them.. but you know them Brit's gotta represent!

Will we be seeing the mid/late war IJN Light cruisers.. I'd really like to see the Oyoda class.. make a great DD hunter and AA ship.

Hows the IJN Hybrid cruise/carriers (tone Chikuma( and the hybrid BB/carriers (Ise) coming along?  Any time soon?  Maybe this year?

Where My Baltimore? (us 6" gun cruiser with 5 main gun 3 gun turrets)?

Any thought toward doing  more pre-dreadnaughts?  Face it, the Mikasa is great fun!  Give the russian russio Japan war ships some one to play with... and some of our fancy tier II premiums more to shoot at ya know! Could be fun!

I'm still out on the commander skill additions... that RPF skill worries me...once player realize just how powerful if situation specific it is   yea.. "viewing with concern" 

Tnak ya guys/  time to bring up twitch and see how it goes!

Set your course / the thunder of the guns beckon you onward / A hell of shell shot and fire await / Sailors to their duties attend / deep in their wombs of steel.

Stat Link removed... I like to surprise people...

5D_Kitakami_Megatron #56 Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

I have question... Any news on new premium CV? CV line? more CV lines? Any news on more premium ships coming to the store and finally jap/usa premium 7-8 ships.

xbox live DHG Lord Vegeta

Twitter Gundamsailormoon

Tiers usa cruiser 10, fubiki long lances, various tiers 6 ships.......

MikeDSp #57 Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

​I was wonder will they be adding more battlecruisers to the game like the Alaska Class B-65 Class O Class N3 Class ships of that nature to the game or if there are any plans for it. Asked in the Q&A and the guys didn't too it and such busy and all. Just curious think this would be a good line of ships if it could be done.

virtusx #58 Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Question about Manual Secondary Fire skill -

Background - Right now when you select a ship to fire on it will only shoot that one ship on one side. If there is another ship in range on the other side it will not fire at all.

Would it be possible to select a primary and secondary targets to fire at? It would be good to select the DD on one side but the BB or cruiser on the other side where your guns are not firing at all.

h9k_a #59 Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thanks for the Q&A stream earlier. 

Regarding IFHE, Sub_Octavian mentioned to look at the armor viewer and making an educated decision based on our game play style. That's great for tech tree ships, but unless we own the premium, I don't know of a way to look at their armor profiles. Is there any way to expand the tech trees to show ALL ships. I don't believe the previous xtended tech tree mod and seeker's extended mod that are mentioned in the forums work with 0.6.0.

I understand that WG may not want to include all ships as there have been questions of why some users running the mod could see the premium (Gremmy), but couldn't buy it; however,  there should be a way to represent the ship icon (perhaps grayed out or outlined in a unique color) with a mouse over that states unavailable or a link to the premium shop like purchasing doubloons but still being able to access the ship stats. 

TheDutchSeaWolf #60 Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

So.... 2 minutes on Radio Location right at the start and it basically comes down to

"we heard the players and we agree something has to chance. By that we mean that YOU the player has to chance your playstyle and have to learn a new playstyle. If it is broken we might take it out but we decide ourselves how we interpret the data" 

very convenient the "balance" dev was not present

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.

Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

(adaptation of famous quote, adaptation by dasCKD (EU server))

Also tagged with Dev Q&A, Patch 0.6.0

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users