QueNA 0.6.0 - Super Ultra Remix Hyper Edition EX+ w/ 2 Devs: Sub_Octavian + Welldone Friday 10am PST

Dev Q&A Patch 0.6.0

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

corvettebill #21 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I have over 3 million in ship xp that i decided to keep ,now they are premium ships what can i do with them that isn't gonna cost me an arm and a leg

Sovereigndawg #22 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

Ensign

• Members

I'll chime in about the first row skills, They all are worth less than the point I have to use to get to the next tier. I guess that was a statement more than a question so I'll put it this way. Tier 1 skills, Why?

Thunderstruck2016 #23 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Is there a timeline for some PvE (similar to the Halloween event) action?  I enjoyed it and would like to see something like that.

Sovereigndawg #24 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

Ensign

• Members

Commander Skills Spectacular

Page says commander skill reset 1 doubloon not 1 doubloon per captain point like it is in the game, which one is supposed to be right? and will this be fixed?

Edited by Sovereigndawg, 19 January 2017 - 10:53 PM.

Treediagram #25 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

1) Have WG already started reworking CV? Not necessarily started coding into test client or whatsoever but at least making concepts and gathering ideas etc. If possible, can you tell us just roughly when it's being expected to be done?(don't want specific date. I know you can't give specific date. I'm asking such as 1st quater of 2017 or summer 2017, last half of 2017 or whatever)

2) How many Branch/Sub-Branches are we getting this year?

3) What happened to AP Bomb implementation for CV? Is it included in CV rework or completely scrapped?

4) Is Cruiser fine as they are right now? Or do you plan to make some changes(not necessarily buff or nerf)

5) What happened to the cold war VMF DD which was included in the new year plan gif images? Apparently Grozovoi isn't Project 55/56, Project 41 or Project 30bis

p.s. Treediagram: I named this after the mathematical one, not from To Aru series!

Eagerly waiting for RN and DKM CV Tech-Tree and CV Rebalance

CV Captains are also customers, in case you guys forgot it.

My AA DPS and Aerial Combat Calculator

BURN_Miner #26 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Hello Quemapueblos, Sub_Octavian, WellDone as well as any other WG producer/dev that may be listening or reading/answering.

I would first like to say thank you for continuing to do these as they are helpful to everyone to some degree. Even if all the questions don't get answered, it's still great that the community is able to throw questions at you guys and you toss us the answers. :honoring:

With that said, I may as well throw my hat into the mix here.

Question: Over the past year WarGaming has been pushing for Battleships to be more engaging (closer to the battle, pushing caps, etc.) through various changes. I love this idea as it has brought forth more brawls both in and out of capture points. Through the changes that have come about with Battleships, it has allowed players to engage either from afar or at close range, but promotes closer range engagements through rewards. With respect to the changes that we have started seeing in the stealth DD meta, more specifically in higher Tiers, is this something that we can expect to see more of down the road? For instance, another escape route for IJN DD's perhaps, larger health pool, etc.?

Note: This is mainly addressing the new RPF mechanic concerns that some people have. While the Gunboats seem to be having a decent time using it or even dealing with it as they have the range to avoid it and/or fire their main batteries, the IJN DD's (torpedo) ships seem to be hamstrung by it or so some claim. I can see a couple of options for IJN DD's (torpedo) ships here, A) they have to take RPF in order for avoidance or B) they remain tethered to another ship to use as a decoy just in case someone on the other team has RPF.

While true the RPF mechanic has just come out and the preliminary data is just that, preliminary, as you can see the sky has been falling for a week or so. Personally, I don't have an issue with the mechanic at all and have only taken it on one ship (Moskva) to see what it was like (this is out of 55 ships in my port). I can see where it would have its uses to newer players, those that may not be overly situationally aware or as I said above in the case of the IJN DD if no changes are coming in the future for them.

Again, thank you for putting on the stream event and I look forward to watching it.

Miner

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

supernovabn #27 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Hi, I'm wondering about the Russian DD line changes. If we already have the Kiev will we be given a new ship (of that tier) or will it be moved up to tier 9? Thanks!

Soulstryke #28 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I'm VERY unhappy the Santa missions ended mid-day on the NA server. They were advertised to expire Jan 18th. Wouldn't it be reasonable to have them be available through the end of day, say midnight Pacific time?? I had time budgeted to complete those missions and was denied my chance to get the reward for the campaign level I was at. Very very frustrating.

I like the new commander skills and experience, except of course RPF. Is it not hard enough to play a fragile DD already? Let's put a ship with no armor and few hitpoints out there with inferior guns to the bigger ships...and then give those bigger ships an arrow that points to your location. Have fun with that. Just take the smoke away why don't you. I guess we'll finally stop seeing MM with five and six DD's per side in them at least.

After the update you should warn that the commander for the selected ship (when clicking Battle) has no skills selected. My 18 point commander was useless and didn't realize why until after the battle.

Soulstryke

USN DD's

jason199506 #29 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

hey, when will you stop nerfing stealth ships and buff IJN DD?

they are doing HORRIBLE atm

save for T8 with tashkent, IJN high tier DDs are doing the worst in both win rate and average damage in the 2 week data

also, when will the stealth fire nerf hit all DDs? it's really unfair to only nerf german DD's firing penalty without adjusting the values for other lines. 

StevebDancer #30 Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Here is my questions

1. RDF was created to kill DDs because DDs tend to last the longest. Have you ever thought to reduce their armor to what they should be? since at around T6 DDs have more armor then cruisers? and reduce armor on ALL DDs since they can handle more damage than a cruiser.

2. Why have a Q & A at such an early time? don't you know everyone works then in US?

3. This affects all ships, when a ship is either going forward then straight to reverse (it's speed drops as if you hit stop, once at stop then accelerates as if going reverse) or going reverse and you go straight to full forward ( it slows as if you hit stop then when you hit 0 knots it accelerates as normal). This is very troublesome, as a british CA and GREAT acceleration if I am in revese like -6 knots and then forward at full speed takes forever! Where is the acceleration. I did test this therory with a few friends and the it ships time is the same as 2 Leanders are at full speed. when I slammed it to revese and my friend put it on  stop. the time it took to reach 0 knots where the same..  Will you fix this? please send me a answer. I will be working at 1 pm est!! I get out at 2:30pm...

please answer thank you.

To be a few smart people, there has to be a lot of dumb ones.

One who knows everything knows nothing! One who knows nothing know everything....

Steve...

PzkwVIB #31 Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

My questions require a bit of a lead in.

Sub_Octavian, in a Reddit Q&A, you stated that the IJN destroyers were performing fine, but if the stats were turning out poorly it was because the captains of the ship were trying stay at maximum range and spam torpedoes.

My first question is, what is the "correct" style of play that this line is supposed to encourage after these recent buffs, nerfs, and reworks? All of the other destroyer lines are fairly intuitive, USN destroyers are the knife fighters, VMF are the mid-range sluggers, KMS are utility and sit somewhere in between the USN and VMF in terms of playstyle. Not so with the IJN.

And second, what was the reason behind lowering torpedo ranges at higher tiers while also keeping the detectability of the torpedoes as high as they are? It forces the destroyers in closer yes, but the statistics of the guns (rotation, shell alpha, ect.) and the fragility of the modules don't support the "up close and personal" role that the line has more or less suddenly been forced into.

Also, thanks for doing these Q&A's, even if we don't like the answer we get, at least we get an answer.

Edited by PzkwVIB, 20 January 2017 - 12:18 AM.

<a href='http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1005459290/dark.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://na.warshipsto...459290/dark.png</a>

427Arbok #32 Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Seaman

• Members

Oh boy, time to crack open a huge can of worms:

1) What is the justification for moving BFT and BoS up to 3-point skills?  They're both fairly crucial starting skills, and are extremely important for any destroyer, cruiser, or battleship build, and are even pretty useful for carriers.  By making them more expensive, doesn't that severely hurt the starting platform for all classes of ship?

2) I don't really see a point to RPF.  It seems extremely niched, and I wouldn't even consider it an option for all but the most anti-destroyer focused builds, and even then, it still seems dubious compared to other options.  So, considering how much controversy it has caused, what's the reason for not scrapping it entirely?  Couldn't it at least have been put on hold for a later skill tree revision?

3) Was there ever any consideration of introducing a class-specific skill set?  Not an entire tree, just a special progression line unique to every class, similar to the focus groups (Endurance, Attack, etc.) introduced in 6.0.  Many of the complaints recently have been with the fact that the skill tree, both pre- and post-revision, isn't particularly flexible and quite a number of skills are specific to traits which not all ships have.  Wouldn't it improve matters if different classes had access to unique skills designed specifically for them, rather than making skills that are only useful to one class but putting them in a tree common to all classes?

mous1 #33 Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

U.S battleships are in terrible state. will they be buffed.

BURN_Miner #34 Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postmous1, on 19 January 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

U.S battleships are in terrible state. will they be buffed.

Not to hijack your question, but it's kind of vague. Which ship, tier, why do you feel they are in a terrible state, what buffs do you think should be imposed? That would probably be helpful to them.

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

OOM911 #35 Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Here's a few questions I have that are more ship related.

1. Regarding the removal of the Nagato A hull to make Mutsu (after some modifications) and the adding of 4 torpedo tubes to it. I was curios about this because the Nagato as built had 8 torpedo tubes 2 above the water and 2 submerged per side... Is this why you chose to not Include them? Following this logic Is this why you chose to remove the A hull from Amagi as it's original does not have submerged torpedoes and thus could make a unique premium?

2. Are the only future plans for carriers UI related or is there something more?

3. Is the IJN Premium CV candidate something we can expect to have a different style of game play kinda like what you guys did with the Saipan? Any chance you can give us a hint at what tier?

4. Do you plan to add any Freemiums (AKA Free exp ships) like this Missouri in the future?

Thanks!

Edited by OOM911, 20 January 2017 - 01:40 AM.

thegamefilmguruman #36 Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I have a question about the Skill Adrenaline rush.  Are AA guns affected?  In other words, does my AA get more and more nasty the more I get hit?

WidgetWombat #37 Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:55 AM

Seaman

• Members

So far I have loved the choices that come with the new commander skills.  I have found them to change the way I play the game, and mostly in a  good way, so thank you for talking to time to improve the game.  The question I have is with regards to Clans and why there is no visible clan "Tag" on the ship like there is in Tanks, and that other one that shall not be mentioned (Planes).  An additional flag (That doesn't take up a slot) would be really cool.

Fog_ASF_Nitze #38 Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:57 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

When will there be a Haifuri event? I saw in the news of the Asian server that had a collaboration of the WG with the study that made the anime of Haifuri
And why the game doesn't have the ARP I-401? If Iona and Gunzou are commanders of a ship that is not in the game

lee61lee #39 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

dear sir

is there a way to have a shooting gallery to practice and home the guns and torpedoes  in before battle or changes to xp

russell48cruzan #40 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Will the Enterprise ever make it into the game?

Also tagged with Dev Q&A, Patch 0.6.0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users