QueNA 0.6.0 - Super Ultra Remix Hyper Edition EX+ w/ 2 Devs: Sub_Octavian + Welldone Friday 10am PST

Dev Q&A Patch 0.6.0

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

MrDeaf #61 Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

When are you going to fix the description of Yorck?

What is the Torpedo Reload Booster and does it have a historical basis? http://forum.worldof...could-poses-it/

Sign me up for KTKM

Rison_Az #62 Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

1. What is planned for USN Tier 7, 8 and 9 CA's? They need to be rebalanced as they are all underperforming. CA Indianapolis could benefit also frI'm some love.

2. As with many others, what's planned to make CV's relevant again?

3. A USN cruiser tech tree split has been discussed. Is that in the works or more of a 'would be nice' idea?

Thanks in advance 

Chad

Lord_Magus #63 Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:58 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostTL_Warlord_Roff, on 20 January 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Any thought toward doing  more pre-dreadnaughts?  Face it, the Mikasa is great fun!  Give the russian russio Japan war ships some one to play with... and some of our fancy tier II premiums more to shoot at ya know! Could be fun!

From what I understand, WG hasn't implemented any more pre-dreadnoughts because they're dissatisfied with how Mikasa plays, with being so heavily reliant on the AI controlled secondaries.

I would like to know if the devs have any intention of ever fixing that by having more than one caliber of gun controlled by the player. Having multiple calibers of gun aimed and fired with the reticle at the same time really wouldn't work because the shells would have different velocity and arcs. But since there's already a mechanism that exists for switching between different types of armament (main guns and torpedoes), it should also be possible to do that with 2 different calibers of gun. For Mikasa this would mean the 305mm and 152mm guns. Use the 1 and 2 keys for the 305s, 3 and 4 for the 152. It'd be like this:

The same thing could be used with any other pre-dreadnought, and for cruisers with mixed-caliber armament as well. 1/2 keys for the main guns, 3/4 for the highest caliber secondaries. Any smaller-caliber secondaries (for Mikasa the 80mm) would still be bot-controlled like any other ship's secondaries. This seems to me like exactly what is needed to open up the door for more pre-dreadnoughts to be added to the game.

WOPMasterG #64 Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Hello Wargaming!

As and avid world of tanks and now world of warships player I have been waiting for one of the two to bring the Italians into the game.  I had always assumed it would be world of warships.  So here are my questions:

1. Is there any way you can give a time frame for the first Italian ship?

2. Can you give any idea what it would be?

Thank you!

greatnate #65 Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

What is Poi?

Nicholas123454321 #66 Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Hi What are you going to do stop cruisers facing 4 Yamato's and 3 Montana's every game.  Are you going to remove the CV line from the game , Its kind of a pointless class that no one plays. Are you going to start giving them away because no one plays them? When are you going to release the true terror of this class. The USS Midway could carry 135 planes the Essex could cary 100 yet they are nerfed. Like seriously why would someone play a CV under these unrealistic conditions. How do the developers sleep at night. 

Edited by Nicholas123454321, 22 January 2017 - 01:58 AM.

Nicholas123454321 #67 Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:55 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

The USS Alaska and USS Guam were major combatants in WW2 yet the class isn't represented. Who do we have to bribe to get this class made. The USS cruiser line could really use a buff. 

Maladromes #68 Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

Having just a week with this patch out i cannot but think that the "new" perks tree hasn't really solved much other than secondary and AA over powering that many ships could utilize.  One of the most offensive perks is the locator perk.  Not only is it even worse than BBs with over powered sonar, it doesnt give you a chance fighting chance when your trying to retreat with a smoke screen.  Which brings me to another point, sonar.  It is the most annoying, and least described consumable in the game.  A DD with sonar at the same tier as a cruiser has a better sonar range, and a bb of the same tier has a sonar that is conveniently the far enough for the secondaries to light you up.  Sonar in the game is so unrealistic that i gave up even trying to hide or use it, because unlike reality, sonar would not be limited to a "detectable rang".  If you want sonar and people to understand it better so that the new perk "location" and can be less of a head ache, put values on ships for sonar and radio detection.  Other than that the new perks have been proving somewhat better than the previous one's. One last nagging problem though, is that   HE rounds and catching fire needs to be readdressed for multiple nations, for the next update.

Archimiedes #69 Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Seaman

• Members

When British battleships are added to the game, will some ships like HMS Nelson have the Z Battery anti-aircraft system on a possible hull variant? 

Archimiedes #70 Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Seaman

• Members

Will USS San Francisco ever be added to the game? It's one of the most famous American cruisers from WW2 with 17 battle stars.

Brick94 #71 Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostFog_Cruiser_Maine, on 19 January 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

This sounds fantastic!

Q1: Can we get at least the YEAR as to when we can see the first Italian ship in-game?

Q2: What kinds of ship classes they will have?

Q3: Will be getting a premium Italian ship this year?

Q4: Will we ever see the USS Maine as a premium ship or an event ship or gift?

Q5: Will Omaha be reworked in the Cruiser refit?

Q6: Will a list of all the answers be provided on the main page to all the questions asked so other players not attending will get an answer?

Who cares, the Italian Navy was tied up during most of the war, another useless Navy, worse than the Russians.

Cantankarus #72 Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

So far the new patch has been a huge disappointment, I had my ships set up the way i wanted them and was at least winning once in a while, but to take all our points away and make some of the 1 values into 4 is just plain robbery, if you are going to make putting out fires a 4 then give is 4 credits for our old one all you are doing is making you all look like bandits. As it stands right now I will need 24 points just to get back to where I was last week.

So [edited]to W of Warships  

SparvieroVV #73 Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostBrick94, on 22 January 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Who cares, the Italian Navy was tied up during most of the war, another useless Navy, worse than the Russians.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DKMWMWY/

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/031328797X

Two American authors on the subject. Before insulting someone at least get the history correct.

Viperone #74 Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Why do we have a free ride on an artillery shell dumbest thing in the game its milder now. But most frustrating when you are in a battle. It has no purpose.

Why are hits not registering shower a ship with shells he/ap doesn't matter.My all time favorite 98 shots and 4 registered hits. I almost deleted the game.

Another all time favorite 2 broadsides with 403 mm guns at 120 meters did not sink a destroyer. Just makes you so happy.He killed me.

Yes its not fun ,too expensive, don't get what you pay for why play?

You guys are making millions and dont spread the wealth very well. Pay for this pay for that get negative credits back. NO GOLD! WHY NOT? 

Viperone #75 Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postgreatnate, on 22 January 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

What is Poi?

tarot root and is very nasty Hawaian treat that tastes like crap.

Also tagged with Dev Q&A, Patch 0.6.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users