QueNA 0.6.0 - Super Ultra Remix Hyper Edition EX+ w/ 2 Devs: Sub_Octavian + Welldone Friday 10am PST

Dev Q&A Patch 0.6.0

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:11 PM

Producer

• Developers
  • Administrator
    Alpha Tester

Today we launched a huge patch for World of Warships, 0.6.0!

Check out the notes on the portal for all the details on Clans, Commander Skill changes and more!

We have an extra special Q&A 0.6.0! This time I will be joined by:

• Sub_Octavian master of all Game Analytics
  • WelIdone, Head of Game Balance and Meta-gameplay

We will be answering questions live on twitch.tv/wargaming and the WoWS Facebook Friday @ 10am PST

You can post your questions in this thread or ask us live on stream. I'm sure there are many questions about the new patch or about game balance in general!

Nanasaki_Koko #2 Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Hello, thank you for giving us opportunity to ask questions. 

From 0.6.0, flight endurance of catapult fighters for BB has been decreased from 360 seconds to 90 seconds. Considering the time aircraft needs to be launched, I think this will make BBs vulnerable during both during air raids and torpedo spotting. Is there a reason why for this change?

Also as a side note, does WGNA have plan to sell Katori again soon? :) 

Once again, thank you so much interacting with players. 

jkirschy #3 Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I have a couple of questions that aren't entirely serious but show the level of frustration I'm currently at with Wargaming. Things like "Does Wargaming have punishment battalions/flotillas for Devs that screw up?" and  "If no punishment battalions/flotillas for devs exist, does Wargaming have Siberian Gulags for devs that screw up?". However I suspect those wouldn't be well received. So I'll give you a more serious question.

Given how useless the 1 point skills in the new commander skill tree are (see this post for an explanation of why I said they're useless if you guys can't figure it out on your own) for DD captains (and BB captains, and cruiser captains...) and that you just made it harder to earn the first few skill points, what the hell were you guys thinking picking skills that for the vast majority of your players ships are utter and complete crap for the 1 point skills? And yes I would like to hear the answer to that question.

Edited by jkirschy, 18 January 2017 - 10:47 PM.

Submarine_Wahoo #4 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Commander

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

What prompted the decision to include a "lazy login" system, where the player can enter the game client without registering an account and can therefore register at a later time to save their progress? It seems odd to me since the time it would likely take to download the game is long enough to register a new account at the same time.

"Shoot the Sunza B****es!" (... and the Wahoo did!)

-- One of 52 American WWII submarines on Eternal Patrol --

IKU19 #5 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Kitakami when?!

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

50 DKP MINUS

BURN_Miner #6 Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:05 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Thank you Quem and Sub_O. I've seen Sub_O floating around here and there, but good to see you haven't been Q-napped.

Looking forward to the stream!

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

Crap_Shoot #7 Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Why did you decide to suddenly jack up the XP costs to retrain captains?  I thought the original change to the 100,000 hard cap was a change for the better.  Why revert this for more grinding?

MrDeaf #8 Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:55 AM

Admiral

• Members

Why is it that you seem to have balanced Mutsuki, Hatsuharu, Fubuki and Shiratsuyu around the fact that we will have Concealment Expert and Torpedo Acceleration skills for our captains?

The torpedoes they carry have extremely poor detection ranges, which requires them to be used with Torpedo Acceleration.

On top of this, their launcher "narrow" spread is quite wide and leaves wide open gaps between the torps beyond 6km.

This means you will need Concealment Expert to get closer to mitigate the RNG torp spread and improve the stealth margin of the ship due to reduced torpedo range.

This means you need a 12pt captain on a T5/6/7 IJN DD, which is not a premium ship.

That is quite a lot of captain XP required.

Why is it that you seem to have balanced ALL of the German DDs around the fact that we will have Concealment Expert skill for our captains, including the lower tier ones?

I can understand someone having the required captain at T8+, but I think it is very rare to have 10pt+ captains for tech tree ships at T5

Why did you allow IFHE in its current state?

As it is now, 180mm+ gunned cruisers that can shoot HE will be able to penetrate 38mm of armor.

That is about 90% of the armor found on North Carolina, Iowa and Montana, which means they end up being very squishy against heavy cruisers using IFHE.

Meanwhile, Bismarck, Fredrich, Kurfurst and Yamato are largely unaffected, because they feature 50mm+ deck and side armor over a majority of the hull.

Edited by MrDeaf, 20 January 2017 - 07:11 AM.

Subscribe to this Thread or Youtube for the latest videos.

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

MrDeaf #9 Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

Admiral

• Members

What EXACTLY does Preventive Maintenance affect and how does it affect it?

Does PM include only key modules like turrets, engine and rudder?

Does PM affect modules by increasing the HP on the module or something?

Edited by MrDeaf, 19 January 2017 - 03:00 AM.

TheDutchSeaWolf #10 Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Let me ask the obvious elephant in the room

example: Two Brothers: We all know with domination where the DD's enter the caps. So.. With the 4 cap situation I decide not to enter it but park my DD behind the island at G2 slightly outside cap to wait for my back-up. I have never been spotted, without RPF there should be no way anyone can suspect I am there. Yet.... I get crosstorped by two shimas about 3 minutes in game. The only thing they had was RPF to know where I was. Like I said... not detected, not entered cap, not sailing the "predictable route". Don't tell me this RPF is "only situational and doesn't help in early games. This didn't happen once, this happens several times on different maps. I got torped or even crosstorped in situations that nobody should know where I am.

Same with carriers, sailing at places where nobody should know I am there (I am not even talking lone wolfing) and planes follow a straight line to my position, I change course.. planes change course so I am clearly being pinged which according to you guys "isn't possible"

Radio...WHAT THE HECK WHERE YOU THINKING/DRINKING and when will we get a counter skill like radio silence or even better, when will patch 0.6.1 be released that REMOVES this obviously not wanted skill

Edited by TheDutchSeaWolf, 20 January 2017 - 03:30 PM.

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.

Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

(adaptation of famous quote, adaptation by dasCKD (EU server))

Show_Me_Your_Cits #11 Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostNanasaki_Koko, on 18 January 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Hello, thank you for giving us opportunity to ask questions. 

From 0.6.0, flight endurance of catapult fighters for BB has been decreased from 360 seconds to 90 seconds. Considering the time aircraft needs to be launched, I think this will make BBs vulnerable during both during air raids and torpedo spotting. Is there a reason why for this change?

Also as a side note, does WGNA have plan to sell Katori again soon? :) 

Once again, thank you so much interacting with players. 

That's the precise reason for the change... They want BBs to be less survivable and less comfortable to play because of the population issues they have.

Personally I think they went a tad overboard (uptime should be 3 minutes or so... More balanced and also doesn't make it a borderline useless consumable)... But meh. I'll just deal with it. 

Muh 1337 stets. 

Show_Me_Your_Cits #12 Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostIKU19, on 18 January 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Kitakami when?!

February 30th.

:trollface:

Muh 1337 stets. 

Black_Jack_Honour #13 Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Can you point to survey data or forum data where people were overwhelmingly asking for a skill like rpf? First game post patch, after hearing how it's vague and hazy at best, flank enemy to put pressure on carrier, and bingo, Destroyer pointed right at me. Along with a cruiser. The final bludgeoning of IJN DD's is complete. That nerf bat has quite a mess of IJN DD blood and hair on it. So, when do we get radio decoy skill? Or as I've suggested in a few threads, a Line of Sight Communications skill? And I know the game engine supposedly won't support actual line of sight, but if it could be a skill that allows me to spot so long as I keep a friendly in my detection bubble, or a certain range, then they can see my Aldo's lamps and signals. Which is the way ships communicated in combat anyways. Pearl Harbor occurred because the Japanese fleet ran radio silent. Using the specified forms of communication I noted. Same with battle of Guadalcanal. The fleets stumbled into each other, because both were radio silent. Make RDF a consumable, or make it "ping" so many seconds in, so many seconds off. Permanently on, is broken. If it stays permanently on, there should be a countermeasure.

Edited by Black_Jack_Honour, 19 January 2017 - 03:51 PM.

Schindlers_Stink_Fist #14 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

What happened to the previously announced new Soviet DDs (Project 56, Smeily, etc..)?

Wolcott #15 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View PostSub_Octavian

We would like to limit or reduce the population of BBs on some regions/tiers. We also would like to fix CVs overall (sealclubbing on low tiers, very hard and challenging on high tiers). These are global challenges. Other than that, it is the matter of fine-tuning specific ships.

How does WG intend to deal with BB overpopulation? Future partial BB lines (e.g. tiers 3-8 only) or hard cap on BBs? Of course I hope this doesn't mean that releasing BBs becomes a low priority. I've been anxiously waiting for HMS Hood for ages.

Gangut

__JD___ #16 Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Not that anybody listens but I feel the need to say that the changes to the game in 0.6.0 have ruined it for me. I cannot understand why they inflate the costs of everything after reducing them a few updates ago. Maybe nobody was buying doubloons? Adding rows of purchasable enhancements and allowing us to spend ungodly amounts of credits to get one point is ridiculous. Things that were labeled "basic" now cost 3 points instead of 1 point. Basic is now the new advanced.  Sigh.  

Since the update yesterday I have played 7 or 8 games and lost all but one. I know it has to be me right.  Well I will just go play something else till they get their head out of their butt cracks. 

D_I_P_Scout #17 Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJD945, on 19 January 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Not that anybody listens but I feel the need to say that the changes to the game in 0.6.0 have ruined it for me. I cannot understand why they inflate the costs of everything after reducing them a few updates ago. Maybe nobody was buying doubloons? Adding rows of purchasable enhancements and allowing us to spend ungodly amounts of credits to get one point is ridiculous. Things that were labeled "basic" now cost 3 points instead of 1 point. Basic is now the new advanced.  Sigh.  

Since the update yesterday I have played 7 or 8 games and lost all but one. I know it has to be me right.  Well I will just go play something else till they get their head out of their butt cracks. 

I have been facing the same dilemma.  didn't know if I was in a funk or not. The respec on the captains skills truly makes every ship play differently and it will take time to sort it out.  I am dropping back into the kiddie pool for a bit and will play some COOP to get me skills figured out then go back to Random.

Battleship_MaineMk1 #18 Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

This sounds fantastic!

Q1: Can we get at least the YEAR as to when we can see the first Italian ship in-game?

Q2: What kinds of ship classes they will have?

Q3: Will be getting a premium Italian ship this year?

Q4: Will we ever see the USS Maine as a premium ship or an event ship or gift?

Q5: Will Omaha be reworked in the Cruiser refit?

Q6: Will a list of all the answers be provided on the main page to all the questions asked so other players not attending will get an answer?

Edited by Fog_Cruiser_Maine, 20 January 2017 - 01:44 AM.

Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

Formerly Luke_Skywalker01 and Fog_Cruiser_Maine

MrDeaf #19 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Admiral

• Members

When are you going to fix RNCL smoke bug?

Here, I am going 30+ knots, which should give out 2 puffs of smoke, but clearly it only gave 1 puff.

Edited by MrDeaf, 20 January 2017 - 12:36 AM.

TenRing #20 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

Seaman

• Members

In the Honorable Service (HS) missions, each of the first four levels requires a specific ship type (of at least Tier 8) in order to complete it:

Mission #1  BB

Mission #2 CA

Mission #3 DD

Mission #4 CV

Question #1 Why does WG choose to promote BBs over the other ship types if BB population is a problem?

Question #2 In the Science of Victory missions, it is possible to work around the type-specific tasks but HS requires them - why?

Question #2 Given the numerous changes to DD tactics and preferences favoring (poor) BB play, what are WG's goals for the meta gaming environment as they relate to its paramount goal, revenue?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Edited by TenRing, 19 January 2017 - 10:25 PM.

Also tagged with Dev Q&A, Patch 0.6.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users