Update 0.6.0 Feedback

update release 0.6.0 commander skills clans

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Seamus_44 #21 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

USN and IJN DDs both are hurting from the combination of radar, hydo, and RDF. When MM puts several ships with those abilities in the same team the opposing dds can't function. Needs adjustment!

Crap_Shoot #22 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:26 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

To be perfectly honest the raising of XP costs for credit captain retraining makes me livid.

Was the first idea to come to our houses and force us to buy doubllons at gunpoint voted down at last week's meeting?

Edited by Crap_Shoot, 19 January 2017 - 02:44 AM.

HeroTheCat #23 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

ABSOLUTELY HATE THE NEW SKILLS.

Why mess with something that's worked well for all this time.

Camo68 #24 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Buy a Fiji      5.7 Million  Credits
Train a Captain 224,000 xp
Mount Radio Location 4 Capt points
Obliterating a Tashkent trying to sneak around an island in the first game post 0.6.0  Priceless

Edited by Camo68, 19 January 2017 - 01:33 AM.

My Current Ships

Content_Insanity #25 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostCamo68, on 19 January 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

Buy a Fiji      5.7 Million  Credits
Train a Captain 224,000 xp
Mount Radio Location 4 Capt points
Obliterating a Tashkent trying to sneak around an island in the first game post 0.6.0  Priceless

So RP let you see him through the island?

Alitak_Lion #26 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

game seems to be unstable after recent update....  game has crashed a few times today... checked all pertinent avenues for the cause, results were not consumer end issues.

Camo68 #27 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostContent_Insanity, on 19 January 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

So RP let you see him through the island?

In a way yes, RP Gave me plenty of time to 1) turn my guns 2) position my ship to avoid a torp spread and then I simply waited for him to peak out.

My Current Ships

BrokenLoyalty #28 Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:54 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostAkeno017, on 18 January 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

I did not receive the experience or credits for the amagi/nagato hull changes.

I recieved 2.3 million credits and the exp for the amagi but only recieved the exp on the nagato.

Edited by BrokenLoyalty, 19 January 2017 - 12:25 PM.

Panbun #29 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Bug Report

Description: Tier 3 Endurance skill 'Survivability Expert' and Tier 2 Versatility skill 'Adrenaline Rush' have typos in their descriptions.

Survivability Expert:

• Remove 'of' between '+350' and 'HP'

Adrenaline Rush:

• Add '-' before '0.2%'

luckykater #30 Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

Seaman

• Members

Shell flight time incorrection

During a fight by using the Des Moines, I try to use the timer to check whether the shell flight time is corrected as it said in the note. The result is below

Gun MK16 

HE  30.88s-16.29s=14.59s     Shown: 14.47s

AP  38.25s-52.95s=14.7s      Shown:14.11s

So I believe things can be done much better, even through now is better then before.

Also, additional correction is necessary to fit the historical accuracy. I try to use the data from Navweap.com and create a trajectory curve(sorry I use CAD instead of matlab or other software due to my poor ability), and is shows that the historical shell flight time of AP(SHS) at maximum range is 37.55s. After being divided by the accelerator factor(2.75), which is given by some Chinese forum(such as NGA an others), the flight time of maximum range should be 13.65. So I think extra improvement is necessary.

the curve's source is in this link https://sea-group.org/?p=2055 . If you need a translated version, I can try to provide a simplified one.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Des Moines.JPG   57.31K
  • Attached File   DM VS HIN directly of flight time.JPG   48.43K
  • Attached File   hINDENBURG.JPG   43.27K

SgtMajorBuzz #31 Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:15 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The way the descriptions are written for Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft and Air Superiority, when combined, there should be at least 3, and arguably 4 fighters circling any BB or Cruiser that has a fighter equipped, but only 2 will launch. I do understand that having 4 fighters would be pretty OP, but perhaps the descriptions should be altered to show that they cannot be combined.

G0lfSierra1 #32 Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Every single one of the cammos I got from the convoy missions is gone now for the tier 6 ships. Only the ones that require Doubloons are listed as available now. Oh well, at least I had fun watching my WR go right down the drain for 2 weeks for this.

dEsTurbed1 #33 Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Why was 19 points selected for a commander?

Why limit it?

I do not like change personally, and WOWS was a very comfortable blanket.

Now the skill change takes a lot of thought into how am I planning on playing THAT ship and what skills do I NEED...not want, because I no longer can get what I want.

Forget setting up national lines all the same, each particular ship and it's dtrengths and weaknesses must be considered.

I have 75 ships in port, 74 captains plus dozens in reserve...it took me 12 hours to figure it out.

A BIG TY for the 1 gold respec, had to use it many times.

And, on a final note, YOU DIDN'T REALLY POINT OUT HOW RDF IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD. I got corned because b I had it on my Tashkent...lol.

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

RedSeaBear #34 Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:51 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostG0lfSierra1, on 19 January 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

Every single one of the cammos I got from the convoy missions is gone now for the tier 6 ships. Only the ones that require Doubloons are listed as available now. Oh well, at least I had fun watching my WR go right down the drain for 2 weeks for this.

I just logged in to check this and all the Tier 6 ships I got from the convoy campaign still have their premium camos. Maybe you've got a bug or something. Did you play these ship since patch and the camo disappeared or were they gone off the ship when you logged in?

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Make Super Containers Great Again

Jakajan #35 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Ensign

• Members

I have over 20 15 point+ captains to respect now. I have already spent quite a few doubloons on experimental trial and errors.

That said it will take me at least a week of focused trial and error to get these builds mostly where I want them and likely 500 doubloons or so. Overall not sure if I like this update. I kind of wanted to take it easy and play wows lightly till the ranked season.

Amarant_Sardekar #36 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Waited all month for the patch that I knew would come on my birthday and change a lot of things...  Wasn't greatly thrilled with it.

The commander skills felt..very limited.  Didn't feel like I really had a lot of choice, perhaps even less choice than before.  In most cases I just went with the least useless skills, since I generally couldn't get things tweaked to exactly where I wanted them.

Gameplay itself felt a bit off.  Only played a few matches after I got all my commanders squared away, because those matches were very slow and stale.  I think everyone knew where everyone else was, and as a result spent the entire game hiding and running away from each other.  Felt like all my time in game was spent trying to find and catch enemies that were constantly hanging out as far from us as possible.  Not sure if this was a result of use of the new commander skills, or just people deciding to play terribly for the day, but it was no fun, and I decided to spend my bday on other games.  Hoping either some tweaks are made to the skill tree, or people get used to it and start to play well again, because right now, the game I found so enjoyable last week just isn't.

Battleship_Mutsu #37 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

Seaman

• Members

Any idea on what the minor " Hot Fix " was for ? * Just had i minor update on my main launcher *

hangglide42 #38 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

To all the developers & all at WG - well done on the new captains skills structures!

Despite the concerns  any have raised about some of the new skills (most notably RPF), after respec-Ing 42 captains today and playing a number of games I found the following:

1) Though the skill level thresholds changed, overall the capabilities we can give our captains are still at least as capable as the old system, but the new system allows a clearer focus on what our ship strengths and capabilities are and the skill thresholds allow a selection of a nice package of abilities to maximize the potential of your ship.  An example:

North Carolina:

PM - reduce chance of disabing main guns secondaries

EM - speed turret traverse

SI - need extra heals

AFT - increase range of secondaries & AA

MAA - Manual AA

FP - to mitigate the effect of fire spamming DDs & CA/CLs

This made my NC into a BB that is AA specialized (shredded a Saipan's Tier IX planes), yet has a capability to use secondaries to target DDs or alternate ships out to 7.6 km (w/o the manual accuracy, but often good enough to kill low health DDs) in brawling situations, while guarding my health from fire or incapacitation damage.

2) As I went thru the respec-ing, I found myself characterizing my ships as to their strengths and found the new skill structure well designed to allow a prioritized enhancement of each ships best capabilities.  The Captains skills progression & goals were very clear as a result.

- US BBs - Optimize AA, defense against DDs, resilience to fire & cumulative damage

- German BBs - Optimize 2ndaries & their accuracy, resilience to fire & cumulative damage

- US CAs - Optimize AA, stealth & some cases stealth fire

- IJN CAs - Optimize stealth & some cases stealth fire, fire generation 

- IJN DDs - Optimize stealth, stealth fire, torp reload, speed turret traverse

- US DDs - Optimize stealth, stealth fire, torp reload

- Russian DDs - Optimize gun range, fire generation, turret traverse

- Russian CLs - Optimize stealth & some cases stealth fire, fire generation

3) Contrary to the many concerns raised about some of the new skills such as RPF & the CV capability to launch while on fire, I believe as a overall system, these skills are being balanced if you look at the whole.  The 100% increase in aircraft servicing time to allow a fiery launch is a reasonable counterbalance.  As for RPF, my own experience in respec-ing did not even consider it as there were (in my opinion) higher priority skills I needed for my ships - I believe others will also find this to be true.  Also the detection notification that the detected receives is a balancing factor in giving info that is useful to the detected.  The main situational window where this could impact a normal game is the critical end-game low ship DD hunt situation.   But remember, the new skill structure just made Concealment far more accessible to DDs so DDs have an improved capability for all of the game with the exception of that one scenario.  I play a DDs from all nations & haven't seen any tremendous impact on the live server of RPF, but am enjoying Stealth on more of my DDs that didn't yet have 15pt Capt under the old system.

4) Would  just like to add a quick Thamk You to WG for the Xmas Gift promos, the Graf Spee & Santas Convoy missions as well as the New Year Specials! With the evolution & improvements in the game during the past year & a half, the release of continued compelling content - Keep up the great work in 2017 & beyond!

peteysan242 #39 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostCommodoreLane, on 18 January 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

I cannot get any of my captain's skill points to redistribute. I will select the skills I want and when I click the tab for them to redistribute NOTHING happens other than the screen goes back to showing the captain without any skills. Did I miss something?  Of course it deducts the 16 doubloons just fine, I tried 5 different captains with the same results! 

I had the same problem when I tried this yesterday as well.  Redistributed skill points on several Capt's, Doubloons deducted, come back later and those same Capt's show no skills.  I did redistribute one again, and it wanted to deduct Doubloons a second time, but I canceled that, not going to pay twice for the same thing.  On the Capt's I redistributed, when in the "port" view, the Capt's for which I had just redistributed skill points showed as having no skills...  Just tried it again and the same thing is happening...

Can't say if anything else works, haven't gotten that far...

spender252 #40 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

Seaman

• Members

this game update  has  broken my pc cheers wargaming....... adding this  bit>>>>> ok weirdly had a bunch of crashes after the big update the game was awfull then  turned it on early this morning and it crashed straight away then my pc  froze i restarted it wouldnt boot after reformatting the drive sigh and  reinstalling  it all  and the game i found a mini update and  its all been great since and thank you for that mini guide to the skills ...........i do have a suggestion though can you by any chance incorporate that guide into the  captain skills page in game ? 

Edited by spender252, 19 January 2017 - 09:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users