Update 0.6.0 Feedback

update release 0.6.0 commander skills clans

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1 Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

Hello Commanders, Captains, and Squids (I'll let you fight among each other who is who :tea_cap:)

Please post any feedback you have about 0.6.0 here and we will submit it to our development team for improvement.  

The more concise the feedback, the more it helps!

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Prushn #2 Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

So far the game is loading and playing as before. I've had no issues whatsoever.

Clan: [KRG] KRIEGSMASCHINE-Divisioned with JochenHeiden. Good times!

KAISER, SCHARNHORST, GNEISENAU, BISMARCK 

Pz_Jager #3 Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

So far so good!

Did find however all the consumables are going back to default. i.e all premium consumables reverted to non-premium

Edited by Pz_Jager, 18 January 2017 - 09:00 PM.

CommodoreLane #4 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

Seaman

• Members

I cannot get any of my captain's skill points to redistribute. I will select the skills I want and when I click the tab for them to redistribute NOTHING happens other than the screen goes back to showing the captain without any skills. Did I miss something?  Of course it deducts the 16 doubloons just fine, I tried 5 different captains with the same results! 

Edited by CommodoreLane, 18 January 2017 - 09:22 PM.

Creepershark77 #5 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

All tier 1 skills are not that good for any ship, with the exclusion of carriers, and it would be better to swap BOS with PM and BFT with Dogfighting Expert as none of the other skills are useful for BBs (Even DCCA, as the catapult fighter only lasts for 90 seconds and a lot BBs don't even have a catapult fighter), DDs, or CAs.

desmo_2 #6 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

For the captains, I am not seeing anywhere what ship they have been trained for.  I had several tech tree ship captains squatting in premiums when this patch dropped.  When I looked at those captains I couldn't see where it was stated what ship they were trained for.  It took me a bit of puzzle solving to get them all back in their daily ships.  Was this information inadvertently removed?

RedSeaBear #7 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

You're a brave man Pigeon,

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

TeamFire Lighting the way to Victory

Admiral_Patchy42 #8 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I was unable to reopen my disscussion box after quitting a battle before it ended. When I click on them nothing happen. I had to relaunch the game to make them work again. I don't have any mods.

Akeno017 #9 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

Seaman

• Members

I did not receive the experience or credits for the amagi/nagato hull changes.

GFischer #10 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

So far so good:

• IFHE seems really good on CLs, Mid tier DDs and exeptionally good (a little bit worried) on KM BBs.
  • AR is GREAT, the second best skill on 0.6.0
  • RFP is meh, some CAs will use it (also Khabarovsks) but isn't the end of the world.
  • Being able to play my Taiho with only 10p is GREAT, ty.
  • Most of the skills are good, captain xp is really good (logged in with almost 3 million Elite xp.

Loking forward to UI changes and CV rework, and please fix Mogami :(

The_Conqueror_Worm #11 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

This is my first complain ever since I started playing.
My game doesn´t even load now with this update...

fioda #12 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

Seaman

• Members

​Downsides: 

• Most of tier 1 skill aren't good anymore.
  • Expert Rear Gunner changed to tier 2 without any change is terrible, that skill was bad for a t1, not is a terrible for tier 2.
  • Radio Position is a game breaker mechanic.
  • Emergency Takeoff have so much punishment for a tier 3 skill.
  • Evasive Maneuver looks fine, but don't fit the gameplay with all those strafes
  • Smoke screen nerf for fubuki

Positive things:

• New stock hulls for nagato and amagi were welcome
  • The ability to get 19 pts on captains is great
  • The new elite XP for commanders are another nice thing

This patch is a mixed feeling, overall is good, but the new skills looks unpolished and half done, looks like the devs aren't playing the game to identify the bad skills to really improve it.

Gunslinger_97 #13 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostAkeno017, on 18 January 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

I did not receive the experience or credits for the amagi/nagato hull changes.

I'm not so sure I did either.

Jenska #14 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

30 players per clan, really?

jkirschy #15 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

OK... So if this is where you want the feedback on the new patch...

Quoted from this post:

Block Quote

Niko... You asked for feedback on the patch. I told you that if I wasn't happy, I'd make sure you heard about it in the form of feedback. Here's my first bit. None of the 1 point skills are worth a damn to a DD driver. Let me repeat that since evidently none of the staff figured this out from playing the game. None of the 1 point skills are worth a single damned point for a DD driver. The only one that is even remotely relevant is preventive maintenance and frankly its not worth having because any DD driver worth his or her salt going to immediately take last stand in the 2 point skills because its still a must have skill for destroyers. The rest of the skills are completely irrelevant to a DD. What the hell were you guys thinking when you picked 1 point skills? Based on what I'm seeing now, whoever came up with the 1 point skills needs a trip to the woodshed for a well deserved beating. So much for expanding the skill tree to give players more valid choices at 1 point...

Fortunately the 2 and 3 point skills are better or I'd have been handing out free pitchforks, torches, and KEWs to the mob right about now. Several of them are useful to a DD driver, however several of them are definitely over-priced and should have been 1-point skills (coughbasics-of-survivability, basicfiringtrainingcough).

On the my impression of the skill tree as a DD driver so far is really simple... The new skill tree sucks. Please give me back the old skill tree while you figure out how to add skills that are meaningful and give me additional useful choices.  Oh, and send whoever came up with this one to the woodshed for a well deserved beating. And this is coming from someone who just reskilled a 14 point skipper and found himself consistently choosing skills by the "which of these is the least bad option" method and "which is going to give me the most help for the points" method not "which of these do I really want" method.

I'll leave more feedback when I re-skill my cruisers and battleships.

Quoted from this post:

Block Quote

Pigeon, I said this on the .6.0 feedback thread, but I'm going to say it here too. For a DD driver, the new 1 point skills are completely worthless. I wouldn't have taken any of them if I didn't have to in order to get to the 2 point skills. And for a cruiser and BB captain its not really any better. Frankly whoever came up with them deserves a trip to the woodshed in my opinion. You guys said you wanted to give us more relevant choices in how we spec out our commanders, but this didn't do it. At least for DDs.

I told you last year that there were patches that had managed to piss me off and made me close my wallet. This is one of those. Which is sad, because aside from the skill tree changes it looked like a decent patch.

quoted from this post after pigeon said he thought preventive maintenance and priority target where valid 1 point skills for a DD driver:

Block Quote

Preventive maintenance is useless because I'm going to automatically take the 2 point skill last stand to keep my engines and steering going even if hit so I can either get the hell out of dodge when I start taking fire or finish my torp run and take whoever is shooting at my ship with me. As for the rest of the modules... If I take enough hits in a DD that my torps and guns are knocked out, I can't run away, and I don't have damage control available I'm dead anyway. A 30% reduction in the chance of that only means its going to take an extra shell or two to accomplish. Basically the only reason I even bothered taking preventive maintenance is that I had to pick something and its the best choice out of a bunch of choices that are complete and utter crap.

Priority target tells me nothing that I don't already know because I'm not a complete and utter moron, that being that if I'm spotted people are aiming enough guns at me to put my wee little DD is in a world of hurt so I better balance on the razor's edge perfectly if I want to survive long enough to launch my attack, hopefully kill something, and disengage. So its a complete and utter waste of a skill-point.

As for the bit about most people finding preventive maintenance an acceptable 1 point skill... If you're basing that off the results from the patch test server, then I would put forward the obvious counter that most of the people picked it for the exact same reason I did when the new skill tree went live. That being that you have to pick something in order to get to captain skills that aren't utter and complete crap, and of the complete and utter crap choices you've given them, that's the best option. That doesn't mean its not completely useless and utter crap. It just means its the best of the crap you let them chose from for the 1 point skill. A better way of framing the question would be to do a survey and ask the DD players if they would rather have the old basic firing training, basics of survivability, preventive maintenance, or priority target as their tier 1 skill. But then I think we both know how that poll would come out which is why Wargaming won't ask that question.

Oh and before I forget, please convey my comment to the devs in St. Petersburg next time you pass things along. Along with the comment that I do hope that management takes them to the woodshed over this patch.

And because pigeon got his knickers in a knot that I said I think the devs need a trip to the woodshed and asked for "constructive feedback" when I posted my earlier feedback on his thread in the pigeon's nest...

Quoted from this post:

Block Quote

You mean things like suggesting that instead of completely reworking the existing skill tree, the devs should have simply lopped off the tier 5 skills, adjusted them for their new point values, and fitted them in with the previous 1-4 point skills so players would have had more options that were realistically achievable. Or maybe suggesting that instead of continuing to directly nerf the performance of IJN DDs (and DDs in general) because you're not happy with how players use stealth that Wargaming should have come up with captain skills that would actually help BB drivers without completely invalidating the defining characteristic of one nation's destroyers and leading a bunch of DD drivers to rage at you?

Oh... And for the record here's how I would have tried helping the BB drivers who complain about getting hit with torps w/o seeing who fired them. (It would also have helped make the skill tree options a lot more varied by offering alternative choices that actually would be worth picking.) I would have created 2 new captain skills, both valued at 2 points and gotten rid of one upgrade module. The first captain skill I would have called "emergency power". It would have given people who take it a 10% increase in acceleration/deceleration (so you can get up to full speed or come to a screeching stop quicker) and a 5-10% reduction in rudder shift time at the expense of a 10% increase to the chance your engines and rudder get knocked out because Scotty had to bypass all the safeties and break every engineering reg in the book to get you the extra maneuverability. The second captain skill is more straightforward. I call it "counter-flooding". It reduces the chance of flooding by 20% and reduces the time it takes for your crew to stop flooding by 20%. The module I would have gotten rid of... Concealment module so DDs have to be a bit more careful about where they go and how close they get. Taken together those three things should have gone a long way to making it easier for BBs to survive in environments where DDs can fire torpedoes from stealth.

And less everyone think I'm just being another BB shill... My first idea for a new captain skill that DDs might actually want would be called "torpedo optimization". It would let players select 1 of 3 speed and range settings in port. The options would be torpedoes that have the standard range and speed values, torpedoes that give up 20% of their range for an extra 5 kts, or torpedoes that gain 20% more range than the standard torpedoes at the expense of 5 kts speed. Like the battleship skills I previously mentioned, I'd peg this as a 2 point skill.

Is that the kind of feedback you prefer to see instead of people just telling you that the latest patch royally screwed up the captain skill tree and that they really, really aren't happy?

Can you tell I'm not happy about this patch?

dEsTurbed1 #16 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Ships that had type 6 camouflage mounted and resupply selected off then went into battle prior to 6.0 update to become sans-serif cammo due to further resupply costing 50 gold. AT 6.0 UPDATE THOSE SHIPS WERE RESUPPLIED WITH TYPE 6 CAMMO AND I was charged the 50 gold.

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

ammo18 #17 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Apparently I need permission to view the 6.0 video.

Nordmanni #18 Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

Seaman

• Members

Am getting pretty low framerates since the update.  Hoping it's just that the servers are busy.  Lowering settings a little didn't seem to help much.

Content_Insanity #19 Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

RP is game breaking on IJN DDs. Other boats are able to use it to locate us beyond their own line of sight.  Had a cruiser 'locate' me at nearly 18km today.  Couldnt even see the cruiser but he knew my general location. This needs to be removed. 

vrabek22 #20 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

Seaman

• Members

I lost free experience without spending it on anything. I have over 600k free exp and now i Have 329k.

I did not spend it on captain experience or tech tree experience.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users