So, Graf Spee

Graf Spee

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

TenguBlade #21 Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostReddNekk, on 20 January 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Another con; Damn near every time she gets hit with HE, she catches on fire.

Nothing unusual, all German ships products tend to be inflammable.

"My name is Captain Terence Stone, and this is my prison.  You're here on the inside because you can't behave like normal human beings on the outside!  Make no mistake - you belong to me now, and you'll do what I say, or you'll be sorry that you didn't...You were sent here to be rehabilitated, and rehabilitate you, we will." -Mafia II (euphemized)

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny/Ognevoi, Shchors, Nürnberg, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Carrier_Lexington #22 Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 21 January 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

Nothing unusual, all German ships products tend to be inflammable.

Is that a Volvo? Or, should I say, a deVolve-O?

"GIT OFF MY WALL!"-- Zeppelin vonSchulteiss, Lighter than Heir

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett

Aduial #23 Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 15 January 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

Not very good TDS. However, if you are close-enough to be taking torpedo fire, you're probably too-close anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think her TDS is almost as good as Mosvkas. It's bad by battleship standards, but as it technically is a cruiser, I don't think the TDS is bad at all. 

Edited by Aduial, 22 January 2017 - 06:19 AM.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles              Mogami deserves a buff           Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Carrier_Lexington #24 Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 22 January 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think her TDS is almost as good as Mosvkas. It's bad by battleship standards, but as it technically is a cruiser, I don't think the TDS is bad at all. 

Ok, I'll edit that into my post. I meant flooding protection (which is what TDS was designed to do) not damage reduction.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett

TenguBlade #25 Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostAduial, on 22 January 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

It's better than over 75% of the German BBs, funnily enough.:D

"My name is Captain Terence Stone, and this is my prison.  You're here on the inside because you can't behave like normal human beings on the outside!  Make no mistake - you belong to me now, and you'll do what I say, or you'll be sorry that you didn't...You were sent here to be rehabilitated, and rehabilitate you, we will." -Mafia II (euphemized)

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny/Ognevoi, Shchors, Nürnberg, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Aduial #26 Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 22 January 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

It's better than over 75% of the German BBs, funnily enough.:D

Lol what?? I didn't know that. I mean, I knew German BBs had very poor TDS, but still.....that's kinda sad. 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles              Mogami deserves a buff           Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Phoenix_jz #27 Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

When I got mine, my expectations were for it to be something like Dunkerque or Aoba...

But after playing it a bit, i think overwhelmingly the ship it draws me back to is the old Furutaka, before you could get the C-hull.

-A cruiser hull that feels a bit tougher than those of other cruisers at your tier.

-A very heavy, slow-firing main armament (minus Taco's awful traverse rate).

-Great torpedoes with hilarious firing angles

-Relatively poor AA, but workable

If she was a knot or two faster, I'd love her. As it stands now, I like Spee, but I don't adore her like I do Dunkerque.

Edited by Phoenix_jz, 22 January 2017 - 02:55 PM.

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

Aduial #28 Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 22 January 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

But after playing it a bit, i think overwhelmingly the ship it draws me back to is the old Furutaka, before you could get the C-hull.

Yeah, I agree. It's like the Furutaka of T6. 

My terrible stats:

Cragger #29 Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

Wrong thread.

Edited by Cragger, 22 January 2017 - 11:04 PM.

Carrier_Lexington #30 Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 22 January 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

If she was a knot or two faster, I'd love her. As it stands now, I like Spee, but I don't adore her like I do Dunkerque.

Which is why I put a speed flag on mine. I have a ton of them after I got a bunch from a supercontainer, and the speed boost really helps.

View PostCragger, on 22 January 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Wrong thread.

Don't worry, it happens.

ultima1 #31 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I have the Spee. have my good days and bad days

shes a very situational ship. if you used to playing as a BB captain...well shes not for you.

if you like dd style, she could be for you. you'll be better suited to changing situations

same as CA captains that will use everything available at them to throw at the enemy, if they could throw a sink, they would !

her HE might not be high damage, however it has a super high chance for fire. when i'm at range to a BB, more than likely i will lob HE at them.

and watch them burn. in one match i had 75K damage, 20K was fires. (yes i know i can have 10K+ volleys against BB's using AP, but when its t7 or t8..eh...risky)

i feel sorry for t5 battleships against the spee. those i use AP for. and it just eats up their hit points

someone mentioned "6km torps"  no, they are 8km torps. many ppl underestimate the range and get a nasty surprise when my torps show up.

they are very useful as well for range, fire angle and the wide spread to slow enemy ships down behind me. or an annoying DD.

another match had just under 100K. half that was to torp hits, almost no flooding. kill shots xD

her dispersion can sometimes drive me crazy, but i'm ok with it.

brawling with cruisers is fun, closer they get...more dangerous it is for them. i had 3 cits on an atlanta the other day at under 7km....next ship...

over time most players will learn its wise to not get into this position with a SPEE. i only get concerned when its t8 cruisers. then i know most can hit back hard

you need to use your strong points, your high alpha. use it to finish off enemy ships.

i've starting doing this, results have been very successful. sure not a lot of damage done. but it helps my team out greatly.

i knocked out 3 ships in under 2 minutes doing this. all because they needed about 2 AP shells to hit to die. before was an even fight. now...1/4 of their firepower just went poof.

fighting dd's is not her strong point. i'm almost tempted to do a secondary build, we'll see. she has A LOT of secondaries.

overall i like the ship. i also like challenges, and shes a unique ship to say the least. i already have 170K XP on it. and i'm on extended vacation. playing on

crappy computers/laptops and jumpy internet. should be very interesting once i get home on my main machine :)

Skyfaller #32 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostNanostrike, on 15 January 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

The dispersion kills me in this ship, to the point where she causes more frustration than she's worth.

Even with the Aiming Module, it's more common than not for me to perfectly aim a citadel shot on a broadside cruiser... Only to have two shells shoot far over it and one shell fall short.

The vertical dispersion is an utter joke for a T6 ship, even one with German BB guns.

Aim below the waterline (just a bit). You will see a significant increase in citadel hits. The two top shells hit the water just short of the ship..but underwater travel and hit the citadel. This applies to the Scharnhorst too...but the Graf Spee has better dispersion so you get more citadels. Overall a very fun little ship.

Also tagged with Graf Spee

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users