mr3awsome #21 Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 27 January 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

Snip

Given that the pre-war Lamotte-Piquet light cruiser was armed with the 138.6mm/55 M1910, would you be so kind as to do that one as well?

Poland has more unique warships to contribute than Canada.

Phoenix_jz #22 Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View Postmr3awsome, on 27 January 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Given that the pre-war Lamotte-Piquet light cruiser was armed with the 138.6mm/55 M1910, would you be so kind as to do that one as well?

Sure;

138.6mm/55 (Pre-War Lamotte-Piquet, secondaries on many BBs) -
RoF: 5-6 rpm
Traverse Rate: N/A
Muzzle Velocity: 790mps(AP), 840mps(HE)
AP damage: 2600

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

Dracolithfiend #23 Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

Seaman

• Members

Le Fantasque Class the fastest destroyer ever and some served the allies after the fall of France. 5 main guns, 9 torpedo tubes, lots of AA. It was reclassified as a CL during the war.

Edited by Dracolithfiend, 28 January 2017 - 07:30 PM.

hanesco #24 Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostDracolithfiend, on 28 January 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Le Fantasque Class the fastest destroyer ever and some served the allies after the fall of France. 5 main guns, 9 torpedo tubes, lots of AA. It was reclassified as a CL during the war.

Well...as we know, there's something more like a cruiser than Fantasque in DD lines (looks at Khabarovsk and Akizuki)...yeah, Le Fantasque is probably going to be a tier VIII or IX destroyer.

Current ships:

IJN: Tachibana, Katori, Kuma, Zuiho, Kamikaze R, ARP Kongo (all four),                    US: Mahan, Pensacola.

Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, ARP Myoko (all four), Myoko, Amagi, ARP Takao, Kagero.       RN: Leander.

VMF: Minsk, Ognevoi, Kiev, Shchors.

KM: V-170, König, Bayern, Graf Spee, Yorck.

Maetel #25 Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

the only dam country that has one bloody ship and that is a Battleship, not one  dd or a cruiser, that person crying for dam battleships, I will sate that is poor country needs more ships

Czarina Maetel Aleksandrovina of Pandiana  Empire

bb Dunkerque, Ishizuchi, Kongo, Konig, Nikolai I, Mikasa, Nassau, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz,

ca Albany,Atlanta,Aurora,Bogatyr,Caledon, Danae,Graf Spee, Katori, Kirov,Kutuzov, Molotov, Murmansk 

dd Blyskawica,Gnevny,,Ognevoi,Poduoisky,T-22

Phoenix_jz #26 Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostDracolithfiend, on 28 January 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Be that as it may, she's incredibly likely to end up being the tier IX DD for a French destroyer line.

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

Sabot_100 #27 Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostDracolithfiend, on 28 January 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Le Fantasque Class the fastest destroyer ever

Speed will be nerfed. Can't have something faster than the Russian ships, even if this one was a real ship that could actually make that speed.

Phoenix_jz #28 Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostSabot_100, on 30 January 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Speed will be nerfed. Can't have something faster than the Russian ships, even if this one was a real ship that could actually make that speed.

45 knot le Fantasque or riot!!!!

thehelmsman #29 Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

La Galissonnière, yes please.

--Helms

THE HARBOR

Azumazi #30 Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 30 January 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

45 knot le Fantasque or riot!!!!

You do know France, like Italy, was notorious for getting their speed trials done with ships at light load, or basically below Standard load.

The Fantasque made 39 knots at full load and only 37 knots after the US refit her with more AA guns.

Japanese Ship Expert and Ship Design Architect schooled at the US Naval War College.

Zehroflcopter #31 Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostAzumazi, on 31 January 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

You do know France, like Italy, was notorious for getting their speed trials done with ships at light load, or basically below Standard load.

The Fantasque made 39 knots at full load and only 37 knots after the US refit her with more AA guns.

And Leningrad makes a completely fictional (and laughably so) 46 knots.

inb4 bias

rQyFzcU.png

Founder of Naval War League   Spem Successus Alit • Success Nourishes Hope

For New Game Information: Head over to the Naval War League Recruiting Station!

Weekend Maneuvers: Test out mechanics and gameplay in Naval War League's Mock Battle Series! Keep up with your favorite players! Our latest Match: The Baltic War, 1943.

Azumazi #32 Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:20 AM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostZehroflcopter, on 30 January 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

And Leningrad makes a completely fictional (and laughably so) 46 knots.

inb4 bias

I didn't say that was right now did I? Considering it only managed 42 knots on a light load and 39.7 knots at it's trial load.

Now that being said, she only hits 46 knots in game with speed boost, and sits at 43 knots without, which should be at 40 knots without and 43 knots with boost.

Japanese Ship Expert and Ship Design Architect schooled at the US Naval War College.

Zehroflcopter #33 Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostAzumazi, on 31 January 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

I didn't say that was right now did I? Considering it only managed 42 knots on a light load and 39.7 knots at it's trial load.

Now that being said, she only hits 46 knots in game with speed boost, and sits at 43 knots without, which should be at 40 knots without and 43 knots with boost.

Just saying they don't care too much about what speed a ship actually makes.

Spoiler

rQyFzcU.png

Founder of Naval War League   Spem Successus Alit • Success Nourishes Hope

For New Game Information: Head over to the Naval War League Recruiting Station!

Weekend Maneuvers: Test out mechanics and gameplay in Naval War League's Mock Battle Series! Keep up with your favorite players! Our latest Match: The Baltic War, 1943.

Phoenix_jz #34 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:28 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostAzumazi, on 30 January 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

I was referring more to the class than specifically le Fantasque, specifically le Terrible who was able to make 45 knots on her trials. But I do see your point, and I'm well aware of the fact all ships of the class were down to a top speed of 37 knots after all their refits stateside... At which point they were carrying far more weight than was ever intended.

MrDeaf #35 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:55 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

On the other hand, Hatsuharu and Shiratsuyu, as they are configured in WoWs, would be doing 34 knots and 30 knots, had WG not used the initial speed trial numbers, before they got weighed down by AAA and ASW.

What is the Torpedo Reload Booster and does it have a historical basis? http://forum.worldof...could-poses-it/

Sign me up for KTKM

SparvieroVV #36 Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

you do know the purpose of these trials was to push machinery to extremes and the Regia Marina had full ratings for speed at various load levels and had scientifically studied and modeled how the ships would perform in real world applications? Yet this keeps being trotted out like the designers where imbeciles?

Sabot_100 #37 Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostSparvieroVV, on 31 January 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

you do know the purpose of these trials was to push machinery to extremes and the Regia Marina had full ratings for speed at various load levels and had scientifically studied and modeled how the ships would perform in real world applications? Yet this keeps being trotted out like the designers where imbeciles?

There was also a large propaganda factor. You wanted the world (and your citizens) to think your ships were better than everybody else's so there was certainly a push to fudge the numbers a bit in your news releases (even if your navy knew the real numbers). These were brand new ships with clean hulls too. One of the problems with many of the paper ships is they never had any reality check. Think about how the 1930's IJN DDs would have fared as paper ships. Lots of guns and high speeds. The fact that they were too top-heavy only came out due to a reality check.

hanesco #38 Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSabot_100, on 31 January 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

There was also a large propaganda factor. You wanted the world (and your citizens) to think your ships were better than everybody else's so there was certainly a push to fudge the numbers a bit in your news releases (even if your navy knew the real numbers). These were brand new ships with clean hulls too. One of the problems with many of the paper ships is they never had any reality check. Think about how the 1930's IJN DDs would have fared as paper ships. Lots of guns and high speeds. The fact that they were too top-heavy only came out due to a reality check.

Basically what Akatsuki is in the game right now...having 38 kn speed is more preferable than having less concealment than the Americans

Current ships:

IJN: Tachibana, Katori, Kuma, Zuiho, Kamikaze R, ARP Kongo (all four),                    US: Mahan, Pensacola.

Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, ARP Myoko (all four), Myoko, Amagi, ARP Takao, Kagero.       RN: Leander.

VMF: Minsk, Ognevoi, Kiev, Shchors.

KM: V-170, König, Bayern, Graf Spee, Yorck.

Azumazi #39 Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostSparvieroVV, on 31 January 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

Actually, no it wasn't. I was done for publicity in most cases and it's why you only see them do it for their smaller units. France in the period needed funding for their Naval building and both nations were pushing for funding in other areas, although, Italy not nearly as much. France did it as a way to gain public opinion by show casing it vs their Italian counter parts while the Italian Navy mostly did it to test hull lines.

You get far more knowledge on the machinery itself running it at 2/3rd trial and full loads due to the fact that 2/3rd fuel load was a common average during mid/short ranged voyages for most Navies. The Regina Marina and La Royale got those speed ratings when they ran the ships at those weights. No, the only imbeciles are the ones that quote those speeds and not the actual rated speeds. Then again, when the majority of these people get their figures off Wikipedia, well, I proved my own point in that regard.

Sabot_100 #40 Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAzumazi, on 31 January 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Actually, no it wasn't. I was done for publicity

Funny how now the max speeds of ships is often classified info. Numbers are out there but not official.

Also tagged with French tree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users