-100% detonation flag bugged.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Varathius #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I used today on my Shima the -100% detonation (got them from the daily cargo containers), the dragon flag, and the speed flag. I go to a cap point, encounter a Yugumo, he fires one volley, his first shell hit me and I insta-detonated....

Similar has happened on earlier occasions. This encounter now made me ask what is up. I do not use any flags whatsoever that could promote detonations.

Any ideas? I did not record the game unfortunately and sure, nobody likes to be detonated but since I have free -100% detonation flags, I might as well use them but then still being detonated by 1 Yugumo shell, yes, one, that is a bit odd, especially if a detonation should not even happen. People saw it in-game, but the usually "that's WG for you" reply I guess didn't help much, or did it?

Edited by Varathius, 12 January 2017 - 10:44 AM.

LittleWhiteMouse #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • Members
    Beta Testers

You're right.  It shouldn't happen.  Can you post the replay, please?

Gomez_Adams #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Yep. Those flags are completely useless. I've been detonated several times while using them.

World of Warships - Because World of Tanks just sucks too bad to play anymore.

Just what we wanted for Christmas! A Cheating Supertester! Thank you, Wargaming!

The game you SHOULD be playing.

The game you should NEVER, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES play.

Varathius #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 12 January 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

You're right.  It shouldn't happen.  Can you post the replay, please?

Yes, someone in-game asked me if I had it recorded or replay on. I never record games unfortunately. I am doing it from now on for a bit to see if it happens again. I thought it odd as it happened before (though rare). But thx to confirm that it should not happen. Will now pay close attention to it and try to record it.

Aduial #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Check to see if you have "auto-resupply" enabled. I've had occasions where the auto-resupply turned off with a new patch.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles              Mogami deserves a buff           Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

LittleWhiteMouse #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

View PostVarathius, on 12 January 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

Yes, someone in-game asked me if I had it recorded or replay on. I never record games unfortunately. I am doing it from now on for a bit to see if it happens again. I thought it odd as it happened before (though rare). But thx to confirm that it should not happen. Will now pay close attention to it and try to record it.

Then there's no conclusive proof of the bug and it's all just hearsay.  No one has ever (and I do mean ever) provided proof of the Juliet Charlie flag failing, despite several asks from the community to produce examples.

Varathius #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 12 January 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Then there's no conclusive proof of the bug and it's all just hearsay.  No one has ever (and I do mean ever) provided proof of the Juliet Charlie flag failing, despite several asks from the community to produce examples.

I understand but it has happened. I manually select my flags and when I use DDs, or german CAs, I ALWAYS manually select my flags. I was detonated by 1 yugumo shell and I am now recording some games again and apparently from reading above posts it has happened to others. It has happened to me 100% this time, WG if you read this, check the server logs, whatever, you have the know-how I guess to figure this out. 

canniww2 #8 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

hum did you have one of the flags on that increase chance of detonation . I doubt you did but just curious cause even with flag I think its possible to get it back up 10% chance of detonation with the wrong flags equipped.

saagri #9 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postcanniww2, on 12 January 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

hum did you have one of the flags on that increase chance of detonation . I doubt you did but just curious cause even with flag I think its possible to get it back up 10% chance of detonation with the wrong flags equipped.

I thought WG said the det flag is absolute. Shouldn't matter if you had a det increase flag. 

I would suspect the flag is supposed to multiply det. chance by 0. 

saagri 

• Plays a mix of aircraft carriers (very good), cruisers (excellent), battleships (excellent) and destroyers (excellent)
  • Deals a large amount of damage
  • Key vehicle - North Carolina

LittleWhiteMouse #10 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

View PostVarathius, on 12 January 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

I understand but it has happened. I manually select my flags and when I use DDs, or german CAs, I ALWAYS manually select my flags. I was detonated by 1 yugumo shell and I am now recording some games again and apparently from reading above posts it has happened to others. It has happened to me 100% this time, WG if you read this, check the server logs, whatever, you have the know-how I guess to figure this out. 

I would strongly suggest enabling replays -- even if it's only saving just your last game played so that you can safely archive incidents like this if you believe that it is happening with any form of regularity. 

See, we have had a lot of people claiming to have suffered it but no one (and I do mean NO ONE) has ever provided proof.  You would think for an event so commonplace -- for a bug so obvious, that we'd have ready examples to show.  I would love nothing more than for people to be able to show that the Juliet Charlie flag is indeed bugging out in select circumstances because it would vindicate all of the people, like yourself, who have seen it happen.  This is the sort of thing that would circulate the globe quickly and be passed around and celebrated as finally being proven.  It never has.  Not once.  We've had these signals in place for a year and a half and there's still nothing.  Just anecdotes.

The anti-detonation flag is said to be absolute.  There's no way to suffer a magazine detonation, no matter what, if you have one on.  I would love to see it proven otherwise. 

Gomez_Adams #11 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Well, since the game doesn't support replays without having to do some sort of programming or use some third party mod that may or may not get you banned, expecting people to supply replays is sort of...well...silly.

Just what we wanted for Christmas! A Cheating Supertester! Thank you, Wargaming!

Ajatcho #12 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

well if you equipped another flag that increases detonation then it wont be a -100% :unsure:

WHEN YOU SEE A JUICY TARGET

Gomez_Adams #13 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostAjatcho, on 12 January 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

well if you equipped another flag that increases detonation then it wont be a -100% :unsure:

Again, from what has been explained several times, that isn't the case. The 100% trumps (or is supposed to trump) all other modifiers.

Varathius #14 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

yeah I did not have another flag installed that promotes detonation (+5% or whatever, I did not have that one). 

I  just installed the replays thing (why it took me a while to reply here). All I can do now is record and see if it happens again, thx guys.

Gomez_Adams #15 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostVarathius, on 12 January 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

yeah I did not have another flag installed that promotes detonation (+5% or whatever, I did not have that one). 

I  just installed the replays thing (why it took me a while to reply here). All I can do now is record and see if it happens again, thx guys.

I did. It happened to me once on my Atago and once on my Molotov. I was flying the increased fire chance flat that increases detonation but was also flying the 100% against detonation flag.

So the real answer is probably that the 100% is only 100%, that what we were told is incorrect and that the other modifiers are deducted from the 100%.

Example: 100% reduction flag is flying on my Molotov. One flag I use increases that chance by 5%, so I'm down to 95% reduction. Let's say Molotov has a 5% chance to detonate. That means my total chance is now .25% or 1/4 of one percent total.

renegadestatuz #16 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostAjatcho, on 12 January 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

According to the devs the flag is absolute.

dark.png

Gomez_Adams #17 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postrenegadestatuz, on 12 January 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

According to the devs the flag is absolute.

Then they either misspoke, or the programmers didn't do it that way.

I'm betting it's a bit of both.

renegadestatuz #18 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostGomez_Adams, on 12 January 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

Then they either misspoke, or the programmers didn't do it that way.

I'm betting it's a bit of both.

Could be a bug?

dark.png

Cruiser_Louisville #19 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

I've yet to be detonated since I started using my det flags. Got smacked for full HP by a single shell in my North Carolina, realized I'm never going to play ranked, and decided to use my 400 det flags. I'm at 239 now and still haven't gotten detonated in any of my destroyers, cruisers, or battleships.

Gomez_Adams #20 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postrenegadestatuz, on 12 January 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

Could be a bug?

Well, how do you think bugs are caused? Poor programming. I'm betting it's a simple matter of what I posted earlier: that they neglected to make the 100% absolute, that it was simply added to the equation and is in fact modified by other factors such as other flags that increase detonation.

Even still, it's a very rare occurrence....and with replays not supported by default, most instances of it happening can't be proven.

Convenient, isn't it?

Edited by Gomez_Adams, 12 January 2017 - 11:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users