Survived 3 torp hits in DD?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tk208 #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Hey guys,

Just had a game in the Leningrad DD where I took 3 torpedo hits from an Fubuki, two in one salvo and one a few minutes later and survived with 1000 or so HP left!

Is this just lucky damage rolls or maybe a bug of some sort? Very strange either way.

Cheers.

CivicRagnarok #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

You probably benefited from damage saturation. This is where all the hp allocated to a particular part of the ship can be used up before the ship as a whole runs out of hp and sinks. Extra hits to a fully saturated section of the ship do no damage, there are videos on youtube of people using it to survive whole waves of shima torps.

Aduial #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Damage saturation. There are videos about damage saturation on YouTube, perhaps you should check them out. 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami,  Clemson, T8 Fubuki, Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

tk208 #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Cheers guys, I've heard of damage sat. but it's the first time it's happened to me (that i know of) in 2000 or so games!

Aduial #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View Posttk208, on 12 January 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

Cheers guys, I've heard of damage sat. but it's the first time it's happened to me (that i know of) in 2000 or so games!

Actually, damage saturation happens in every game. You know how you get 33% damage for HE shells, and then the damage drops by half? That's damage saturation as well. 

The only reason you've seen COMPLETE damage saturation just now is because it's hard to do enough damage to one section to drain all of its HP without damaging other parts and sinking the ship. 

Edited by Aduial, 12 January 2017 - 10:53 AM.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami,  Clemson, T8 Fubuki, Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

tk208 #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 12 January 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

Actually, damage saturation happens in every game. You know how you only get 33% damage for HE shells, and then the damage drops by half? That's damage saturation as well. 

The only reason you've seen COMPLETE damage saturation just now is because it's hard to do enough damage to one section to drain all of its HP without damaging other parts and sinking the ship. 

Interesting, thanks for the clarification mate. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users