German HE penetration values

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GFischer #1 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Well, i was theorycrafting about this post http://forum.worldof...he-penetration/ testing if the value of the 203mm is 33,83mm or 40.6mm. Then in the training room did some testing:

The first subject'll be a Khabarovsk with their OP 50mm side plates:

SyERIXL.png

#1st Fact: German hate Russians

Un1aHaE.jpg

Joking aside the test cotinues...

0jAVNUK.jpg

vu0ksyi.jpg

No damage to the 50mm plate

Now i tried against a 40mm plate on the Hindy, if the caliber is 203/5 it should be able to pen the plate:wrNoFdP.jpg08SwPPT.jpg

8TgaSi1.jpg

As you can see, the shells didn't pen on the 40mm plate, so the 203mm pen is the same as other nations.

Next, what could we do with IFHE against BBs? Lets see: 

yJUv8fi.png

The only thing i could say is poor poor Monty, that burger will be roasted.:trollface:

Tomorrow i'd plan to do more testing with the skill.

Edited by GFischer, 10 January 2017 - 07:59 PM.

ValkyrWarframe #2 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Captain

• Members

Cause Khabarovsk has 50mm of armor that shatters all HE except from battleships.

Stronk Stalinium Destroyer.

P.S. Not sure if the German HE penetration was buffed for cruisers like it was for battleships.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe, 10 January 2017 - 07:57 PM.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

SireneRacker #3 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

Captain

• Members

shell diameter / 6 = HE penetration

does not count for german BBs

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

TenguBlade #4 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostValkyrWarframe, on 10 January 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

P.S. Not sure if the German HE penetration was buffed for cruisers like it was for battleships.

It's not.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

GFischer #5 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Fixed the wrong imgur images

ValkyrWarframe #6 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 10 January 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

It's not.

Then...how.  Hipper's guns penetrate 32.48mm of armor.  I guess the HE blast wave probably hit a different armor section.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

DoomStomper #7 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Time for HE penetration values to be listed in the port stats, especially since they will be an important consideration for one of the new captain skills.

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

GFischer #8 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostDoomStomper, on 10 January 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Time for HE penetration values to be listed in the port stats, especially since they will be an important consideration for one of the new captain skills.

Second that

Iridium81 #9 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Hmm, does Graf Spee's guns get the BB penetration bonus, or is it treated as a standard cruiser?  I would think the 283mm/L52 guns would get it, but eh...WG.

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " -Sima Yi

GFischer #10 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostIridium81, on 10 January 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Hmm, does Graf Spee's guns get the BB penetration bonus, or is it treated as a standard cruiser?  I would think the 283mm/L52 guns would get it, but eh...WG.

Maybe since the guns are the same as the Scharnhorst they retained the pen buff

Iridium81 #11 Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostGFischer, on 10 January 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Maybe since the guns are the same as the Scharnhorst they retained the pen buff

They're actually a different model, so I'm thinking it could go either way.  Scharnhorst uses a 283mm/L54.5 with shells that are roughly 100lbs heavier than Graf Spee's.

Edited by Iridium81, 10 January 2017 - 09:22 PM.

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " -Sima Yi

MorbidGamer #12 Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

Ensign

• Members

I don't know what German HE pen is... But just by playing Prinz about 70 games... I've came to the conclusion it has the worst 203 mm HE in T8. Shatters almost as much as my MK. There is no way fire chance is 15% either. I buffed it with flags and skill for 20% and my amount of fires was about half of what I get from Atago. I respect out of DE and took the flags off. Was just a waste.

Mulligey #13 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostMorbidGamer, on 10 January 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

I don't know what German HE pen is... But just by playing Prinz about 70 games... I've came to the conclusion it has the worst 203 mm HE in T8. Shatters almost as much as my MK. There is no way fire chance is 15% either. I buffed it with flags and skill for 20% and my amount of fires was about half of what I get from Atago. I respect out of DE and took the flags off. Was just a waste.

And that is why you use AP in KM cruisers. To be perfectly honest, I almost never use the HE in my PE. AP works fine even against DDs.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users