Leberecht Maass Kriegsmarine

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Erebthoron #1 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I unlock her and did 2 games with her.

The T-22 is the complete lackluster in that line. A ship that can only be used as a limited torpedoboat, even IJN DD laugh about your guns.

Ernst Gaede wasn't bad but not real good either. Since you don't have to care about invisifire with the KM DD get the 150mm guns and have some fun. Still I was happy when I was done with her.

When I got the t7 DD I thought this will be a terrible grind. I didn't check her first, just took her out into a match. But after 2 games she feels just better then t6 even when she is stock. The reasons? A 5th turret and a 50m tighter turn radius. While her turrets still turn slow you get 25% more shells out then with the same t6 guns. That has a huge impact if you need to fight other DD. You have sonar from the start, no more smoke hidding for the red team DD. I choose the classic skill setup with last stand. If update 6.0 wouldn't be that close (and a free captain point reset) I may would try expert marksman. 

Pro

- 17500 hit points with the second hull

- her shell didn't have the highest velocity but the trajectory is good and you get 13km range with AFT

- hydroaucoustic search

- 640m turning circle, much better then the Blys and Leningrad, only the Sims and Mahan turn better

- 4 seconds reload, 3.6 with BFT, same like USN DD but your shells didn't travel first through the orbit

- 3000 points damage with AP

- 8.5km torpedo range, even without CE you have 800m stealth fire range. With 65knots speed they are faster then every other t7 (I exclude the 4km Kiev ones, they are just a emergency shotgun). Also 1.3km detection range for the torpedos, that isn't bad also

- typical German design, you will love it if you like the Scharnhorst, Bismarck etc.

Con

- you know the HE behavior of the KM shells. 1500 damage and 6% fire chance isn't much you can brag with. OK, the USN has 5% fire chance but then they do more damage

- 37 knots, only the Mahan and Shirasuyu are slower and it feels like forever till she speeds up

- 90 seconds torpedo reload

- slow turrets, 22 seconds for a 180 degree turn, only the Leningrad is slower. If you can take it go with Aiming System for the 2nd slot, if not get Main Battery 2. With AFT you negate the sideeffect from it

- no chance for stealth firing, bit frustrating if you compare it with the Leningrad and Blys, you couldn't caught less attraction of enemy ships if you would fire starshells

9/10 that I would play her again

She is a OKish t7 DD with a few points that make her shine (hitpoints, HS, good torpedos).

Thx to Tanz that made this nice skin

Redaction #2 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

What skin mod is that.

" I freed over a 1000 slaves, I could have freed 1000 more if they knew they were slaves" -Harriet Tubman

"Those who would give up Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Erebthoron #3 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRedaction, on 10 January 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

What skin mod is that.

http://forum.worldof...tanzs-shipyard/

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #4 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

"37 knots, only Mahan is slower"

I guess Shiratsuyu and Akatsuki's 35 knot top speeds don't count.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

Torpedo is the ship-killer. Torpedo is the unseen death that brings total obliteration. I will face their torpedo. I will permit it to pass around me and through me. And when it has passed, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the torpedo has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain. 

Erebthoron #5 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 10 January 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

My Akatsuki has 38 knots. Sorry, I didn't have researched the Shirasuyu so I didn't see her when I compared the ships in my port.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #6 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostErebthoron, on 10 January 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

My Akatsuki has 38 knots. Sorry, I didn't have researched the Shirasuyu so I didn't see her when I compared the ships in my port.

Why the hell is Akatsuki so much faster than Fubuki, they're revised Fubukis with more weight.

Torpedo is the ship-killer. Torpedo is the unseen death that brings total obliteration. I will face their torpedo. I will permit it to pass around me and through me. And when it has passed, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the torpedo has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain. 

Khafni #7 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I have fun with my Maas. The only real "con" I have a hard time swallowing is the gun "bloom" that makes you visible out to 14 some odd km after firing. Nearly doubles your visibility. That is the one that causes me the most pain but it is a "feature" of German DD's, courtesy of WG.

Port Khafni                                                                                                               

Bought: Warspite, Murmansk, Anshan, Blyskawica, Campbeltown, Smith, Leningrad, Sims, Yubari, Lo Yang, Duca D'Aosta (21 Apr), Perth (28 Apr)

Prizes: Albany, Emden, Kamikazi R, Tachibana, Mikasa, Shinanomi, Admiral Graf Spee, Katori, all the ARP stuff and Southern Dragon

Gifts: Ishizuchi, Arizona, Atago, Atlanta, Belfast, Marblehead

Viscount #8 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Still struggling to bring myself to even play the T22.

Shiratsuyu is 34 knots actually, yea if another dd wants to give chase you don't exactly outrun things.

GX9900A #9 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 10 January 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Why the hell is Akatsuki so much faster than Fubuki, they're revised Fubukis with more weight.

the more weight came from improvements made to her boilers. that is why she is faster.

Xenomancers #10 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 10 January 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Because Akatsuki is t7 old school t8 fubuki with more speed. Great ship.

"Nevermind about maneuvers, go straight at 'em" - Lord Nelson

Xenomancers #11 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

T8 looks incredible. I'm planning my cap around using the 150 guns. I just think they are more suitable for guns with poor turret rotation - plus it makes hurting cruisers a lot easier.

"Nevermind about maneuvers, go straight at 'em" - Lord Nelson

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #12 Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostViscount, on 10 January 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Still struggling to bring myself to even play the T22.

Shiratsuyu is 34 knots actually, yea if another dd wants to give chase you don't exactly outrun things.

Shiratsuyu can't even outrun cruisers, it's kind of sad.

Only I will remain. 

Crucias #13 Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Fair review, I think the only thing I would add is a comment regarding the very poor smoke? They have coupled insane gun blooms with ridiculously short smoke - 65s followed by over 2 minutes waiting for it to reload

Hunter_Steel #14 Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostGX9900A, on 10 January 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

the more weight came from improvements made to her boilers. that is why she is faster.

Akatsuki and Fubuki have the same 38kt top speed. Fubuki's speed is nerfed for balance reasons due to her 3x3 torp salvo that she can put out.

~Hunter

Signature Made by Abyssal_Flagship

Forum's General Fusou Hater

Ships: Battleships: Izumo, Nagato, Scharnhorst, Bayern, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Kongou and, Arkansas Beta. Cruisers:, ARP Haguro, ARP Myoukou, ARP Ashigara, Emerald.

Destroyers: Kagerou, Minsk, Hatsuharu, Kamikaze R, T-22.

OCG #15 Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:19 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

The WG "Flash" for German guns is interesting as like the British the Germans used a relatively flash less powder formula.  I would need to confirm it was used by the Navy but the Heer used it in their small arms, anti-tank and tank guns.  US Army weapons on the other hand had both flash and a smoke bloom.  

Nanostrike #16 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It's a lot better than the Gaede, but it's still miles behind the Mahan, Lenningrad, and Blys that it'll face regularly.

The horrible shell arcs past 8km really hurt, as it's too big to get close, but with AFT, struggles to hit much at range.

C2GDemonShells #17 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Yeah can I have the free experience and credits I spent on the German DD line back please!

Canadatron #18 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 10 January 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

They are IJN. Of course they don't count.  Now, get back in the cellar!

-={FOG}=- Community Member

Taichunger #19 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Captain

• Members

Have to admit the Gaede is growing on me. The 150s are pretty darn good, even used sparingly thanks to the ridiculous gun bloom, they have good fire chance and do good damage. Looking forward to the Maass and the T8.

The line is playable after the disappointing T-22. 

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users