How do the IJN Secondaries stack up vs German?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

SkyRail #21 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 12 January 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

AP is good against any cruisers that give you a broadside though. Even against broadside BBs they can do some decent damage. 

tho the max range for Yamato secondaries is around 10km or so, any cruiser give you broadside in that range is dead long ago and you won't even bother to count on the secondaries to kill them.

In fact, almost 95% of player at that tier will surely angle agaist you and go for point blank torp or ram. those 155 have super hard time to do damage. 

I just had a game which i end up in 8km fight with a bismarck, my 127 did 5k alpha damage + 2 fires set and my 155 did 0 damage against him.

I am the source of my shell. steel is my body and HE is my blood.

I have burnt over a thousand ships. Unknown to victory, Nor known to defeat.

Have withstood hit to light up many fires, yet those guns shall never stop firing.

So, as I pray, Unlimited Fire Works!

HazeGrayUnderway #22 Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Before German BB line came out, IJN BB secondaries were the best.  BB secondaries didn't really start to shine back then until Tier VII, namely Nagato.

The problem for IJN BB secondaries is the superior German secondary batteries.  At all tiers it's like this but it really becomes pronounced at Tier VII with Scharnhorst and Gneisenau.  The two have just as good secondaries range as a same-build Nagato, but they're more dangerous due to speed and torpedoes.

Tier VIII+ Bismarck, FDG, GK have very dangerous secondaries.  Only Yamato is truly up to the task in a Secondaries Fest.  None of the USN BBs are competitive.  They pack a lot of guns and all have possible 10.6km range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users