How Detonations Work

detonations its not going away heres how it works flame shield on

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

ButterCruiser #121 Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

i find detonations funny. like how i got detonated in my prinz by a bismarck HE shell. that was the first and only shell that hit my ship

i need to stop sniffing paint

Pugilistic #122 Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostRTR78, on 23 April 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

I have been detonated more in the past week than in the past 6 months.. something has changed.

​Its weird, for sure; I have been detonated more in the last month than in the prior year.
The Shack was a famous watering hole in Chapel Hill NC across the street from He's Not Here. It was torn down, despite all predictions it would fall down first, about 1990. Preppy Heaven at Blue Heaven.

FWB #123 Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 22 April 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

One day...

And be sure to make the sound as good as the explosion. I like big booms (specially audiovisual ones). I'm fine with dets, they're like ammo racks in WoT

Battleship_Dunkerque #124 Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRTR78, on 23 April 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I have been detonated more in the past week than in the past 6 months.. something has changed.

Yes, your luck.  You were "due" that's all.

Sub_Octavian #125 Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Developers

View PostHMCS_Devilfish, on 21 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Have no problem with Detonations but what I think would be cool is to make the explosion ... bigger, more dramatic

That will be done! In the name of RNG, big Kabooms shall make their way into the code. And the sky in this future update will shatter (along with my gaming chair) when I am blessed with Detonation:izmena:

RipNuN2 #126 Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostSub_Octavian, on 24 April 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

That will be done! In the name of RNG, big Kabooms shall make their way into the code. And the sky in this future update will shatter (along with my gaming chair) when I am blessed with Detonation:izmena:

I like big booms and I cannot lie. I look forward to this.

SergeantHop #127 Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostSub_Octavian, on 24 April 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

If only the mechanic didn't completely suck, lol.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

RTR78 #128 Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

What's funny is when I actually jump when I get detonated.

Drill_U #129 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Well just put detonation flag on your boats, that you get when you detonate 

Destroyer_Suzukaze #130 Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Was detonated multiple times in my first 5 matches yesterday, running mag mod 1 in each match (all dds). This mechanic is bad

Taichunger #131 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:57 AM

Captain

• Members

It's a crap mechanic that serves no game function and harms teams unfortunate enough to suffer from them. It is only there to shorten the matches. 

Now that WG is releasing the Kaga and we are going to see more CV games, perhaps they will find the courage to remove that completely unethical garbage mechanic from the game.

But I doubt it.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

CaptainRon023 #132 Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

It's about time this is being added... got detonated in my Kurfust again yesterday with very little fireworks to show for it, lol.

Comrade_Nemo #133 Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Could you imagine if we had nuclear powered ships in game?  Now that would be a stupendous detonation.  Even better if it blinded half the map for a moment.  I want Bikini Atoll level detonations.

BURN_Miner #134 Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostTaichunger, on 24 April 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

It's a crap mechanic that serves no game function and harms teams unfortunate enough to suffer from them. It is only there to shorten the matches. 

Now that WG is releasing the Kaga and we are going to see more CV games, perhaps they will find the courage to remove that completely unethical garbage mechanic from the game.

But I doubt it.

I think your line of logic there is somewhat flawed...

How can it "only" harm the team that suffers the detonation? Wouldn't it benefit the team that fired upon the ship that just exploded? Take one/Give one? 50/50....  Ship type aside (barring CV's), *insert ship here* can detonate *insert ship here* at *insert Tier here*. Random is indeed Rndaom (purposefully misspelled).

No one likes getting detonated, but the flags are a nice "well, here ya go". Though, I don't seem to recall outrage and disgust in chat when people detonate others, only when they get detonated. But I digress a bit. It is what it is and they've stated many times, it's not going anywhere. I personally don't mind it, it's neither here nor there for me. I don't have any stats to say I've been detonated 1.7% of my 6,800+ matches or anything of the sort as I don't keep track. Though, I do know I rarely get detonated and I get detonated on DD's, CA/CL's and BB's in all Tiers. Does it happen? Yup... Does it happen often? Nope.

Just my opinion though.

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

Warden_Wolf #135 Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostBURN_Miner, on 25 April 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

How can it "only" harm the team that suffers the detonation? Wouldn't it benefit the team that fired upon the ship that just exploded? Take one/Give one? 50/50....  Ship type aside (barring CV's), *insert ship here* can detonate *insert ship here* at *insert Tier here*. Random is indeed Rndaom (purposefully misspelled).

No one likes getting detonated, but the flags are a nice "well, here ya go". Though, I don't seem to recall outrage and disgust in chat when people detonate others, only when they get detonated. But I digress a bit. It is what it is and they've stated many times, it's not going anywhere. I personally don't mind it, it's neither here nor there for me. I don't have any stats to say I've been detonated 1.7% of my 6,800+ matches or anything of the sort as I don't keep track. Though, I do know I rarely get detonated and I get detonated on DD's, CA/CL's and BB's in all Tiers. Does it happen? Yup... Does it happen often? Nope.

Just my opinion though.

Quite hilariously, I've had my CV detonate a destroyer with its secondaries. I support keeping detonations, even though they only really happen to destroyers. And this is coming from someone whose highest-XP ship is a destroyer. Detonations are such random events and easily prevented with the proper signal flag that they're the least of my concerns.

AMD FX 8350 8x 4.0GHz

16GB G.Skill DDR3 SDRAM

Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 980

4x 1TB SAS drives in RAID 10 with 256GB SSD for CacheCade, and 1x 146GB SAS drive dedicated to WoWS

AVR_Project #136 Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostComrade_Nemo, on 25 April 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Could you imagine if we had nuclear powered ships in game?  Now that would be a stupendous detonation.  Even better if it blinded half the map for a moment.  I want Bikini Atoll level detonations.

The Indianapolis carried the first two atomic bombs, welded to the floor of the Admiral's quarters.

The crew was told that if the ship was sinking, THESE go into the lifeboats first.

The core of Fat Man was transported by plane, so it wasn't complete.

However, Little Boy was very volatile and could detonate if struck just the right way.

We only made two bombs like Little Boy.

The second one was disposed of at Bikini Atoll.

I would imagine an 'unlucky' detonation in this case would also detonate any other ship within 4KM, and set every other ship on fire for 15KM.

Edited by AVR_Project, 25 April 2017 - 11:58 AM.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

USNA_76 #137 Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

Seaman

• Members

During my maiden voyage in La Galissonniere I was detonated by a single round...100-0 by a single "golden BB".  The only game mechanic more broken than the Matchmaker is the one WG uses for detonations...total [edited]

I'm sure you have seen me in WoWS - do I look familiar

Bill_Halsey #138 Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I blew up a Nuremberg with a HE shell from 6 km away and he was bow no on I fired at her. I'm fine with detonations, but I want a pillar of fire first then the big KABOOM!

SergeantHop #139 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostBURN_Miner, on 24 April 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Just my opinion though.

Detonations are an anti-skill, anti-fun mechanic. There is no reason to have them in the game as they are. 

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

AVR_Project #140 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Last detonation...  Me in the Lo Yang in January...

In chat:  "Thanks for the Flags !!"

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users