0.5.16 - Update Bug Report

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

SkywhaleExpress #41 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostSqueesher, on 21 December 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Is it intended that the New Years camo that gives 200% Free XP doesn't include the standard improved concealment and incoming fire accuracy reduction bonuses that all other "premium" camo includes? Just seems out of place compared to all other camo.

I'd say so, since it actually makes you more visible by a fraction, but gives such a huge bonus to free xp. Add that to the signal flag of 300% free xp bonus and you get base + base*2 + base*3... for instance,, 300+600+900=1800 free xp. That's a lot, and I think it should hurt your detection a bit, and offer no other bonus.

NDA means just that... NON-DISCLOSURE. Don't ask me about Alpha/CBT.

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

SkywhaleExpress #42 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

View Postthegamefilmguruman, on 21 December 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Royal Navy cruisers are incapable of damaging the forts on Bastion.  It makes them unplayable on that gamemode.  Fort armor needs looking at.

You should never shoot the fort. To reset a bastion, contend it's cap. Shooting forts is the worst thing to do for your team.

NDA means just that... NON-DISCLOSURE. Don't ask me about Alpha/CBT.

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

AdmiralThunder #43 Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 21 December 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

What is this, damage quanta for ants!? A quantum of damage needs to be at least three times as big!

I saw similar to the above with the crazy numbers after a battle.

Also, although this is very minor I will report it anyway. During battle the ribbons are delayed showing up which is distracting. For instance, you destroy a ship and like 5-10 seconds later the red ribbon suddenly appears. I don't mean a delayed kill either.

Pete_Darling #44 Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:26 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postsasquatch_research, on 22 December 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

Hey,

While spectating; saw a BB take a direct hit and it jumped completely out of the water.  

Also, twice had Lt/Rt (A,D) key's failed to do anything until I let go and then reselect the desired key, then it worked.  Another guy in game reported the same problem.

Other than those, everything else was good.

Pete 

I have the steering happen all the time and before the patch - Usually is occurs in DD's and most often IJN - What I found is either I'm moving to fast for the Keyboard (Mechanical Switches) or moving too fast for the client. It's almost always happens when I am engaged at close ranges in the IJN DD's - Say you hold D to avoid a shot then jump right back to A to aim your guns (INJ 's I do it to get my guns on target faster) I think it confused the game like it thinks you are holding both A and D at the same time so you end up going straight. To get around it I got in the habit of double tapping the desired rudder key and haven't had a problem since. 

InvalidKey #45 Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Supertester

View Postthegamefilmguruman, on 21 December 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Royal Navy cruisers are incapable of damaging the forts on Bastion.  It makes them unplayable on that gamemode.  Fort armor needs looking at.

I also saw this.  RNCLs can damage forts, but only at a very close distance (3.5km for Minotaur) which is a ridiculous distance to engage something shooting you in a ship with no armor.  Reproduction steps are simple - shoot at a fort with a Minotaur and watch nothing happen.  Same goes for Neptune.  I have conflicting reports of Edinburgh being effective but nothing reliable.

As bastion is a common game mode for T10 battles, this puts Minotaur and Neptune at an uncomfortable disadvantage.

Squeesher #46 Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:51 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostSkywhaleExpress, on 22 December 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

I'd say so, since it actually makes you more visible by a fraction, but gives such a huge bonus to free xp. Add that to the signal flag of 300% free xp bonus and you get base + base*2 + base*3... for instance,, 300+600+900=1800 free xp. That's a lot, and I think it should hurt your detection a bit, and offer no other bonus.

Cool, but was asking more for them to double check that it matches their design doc, not for player opinion. It's the first and only "premium" camo to not include the standard bonuses. Doesn't hurt for them to double check. As someone who works in QA, I know from experience that this is the kind of thing that gets overlooked more often than not.

Lancer240 #47 Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

When viewing a Captain's personnel file, selecting a second Captain's file overlays it on the first

personal files overlap.jpg

Dodgy_Cookies #48 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Had a game where I DCed, could reconnect and loaded in but could not command my ship in any way.

G0lfSierra1 #49 Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Game crashes as soon as I sign in and the port loads up. No error messages other than the pop up from windows 10 telling me that my program has crashed.

SgtBeltfed #50 Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Minor problem, when watching a replay with ARP ships in it, they show up as the normal ships irrespective of the show ARP ship check box being checked in game.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/25232

jeanpaulrs9_1 #51 Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:14 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

After this update appear a message: “world of warships stopped working” and close the window game and I can’t do nothing, if somebody know a fix for this problem please tell me!!!!

TH4NKZ #52 Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:27 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostWardog_Noir, on 21 December 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

The entire HUD flickered on and off my last match before vanishing for good for the remainder of the match.  This is on a vanilla client with no background programs running.

This happened to me. The only things i could saw when the HUD dissapeared (for 1 second, then appeared for other second...and again and again) were my DCP and smoke consumables. I dont have mods

Edited by TH4NKZ, 23 December 2016 - 04:30 AM.

latin american potato

jinkichi #53 Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

This is a bug in the montana and is there since the update 0.5.15.1, as you can see

the local control of the turret isn't in there place,I reported this bug along with the bug of the mount AA but is still here.

Please I hope this bug will be fix in the next update. thx ;)

smiith #54 Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

cant play anymore and support sucks i getting acess violation plx hot fix this!

Drachonium810 #55 Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:30 PM

Seaman

• Members

It would appear that we are now counting damage to the most finite degree allowed by modern computers.

What is the damage value of a barnacle in HP, do they add any value to armor thickness calculations?

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot-16.12.23_09.03.02-0100.gif   93.24K

Harv72b #56 Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostDodgy_Cookies, on 22 December 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

Had a game where I DCed, could reconnect and loaded in but could not command my ship in any way.

This happened to me as well.  To specify a bit more, when I reconnected it took me back into the match I'd been playing, I was zoomed out to normal level on own ship, but no key commands at all would work.  The mouse cursor was functioning and I could ~click~ on the game chat, but even then I couldn't type anything into it.  And even when attempting to close the program, it would not accept input on any of the options (exit game, return to game, etc).  This was finally corrected by killing the program in Task Manager and then re-opening.  Running Windows 10 with way more RAM & processing power than Warships will ever require. :B

I also still occasionally have the issue where the "X" key will no longer switch target lock between enemy ships, but will instead bind to a bearing (normally CTRL+X if memory serves).  This has been going on for as long as I can remember...it just randomly pops up and then continues through port and into new matches until I close and re-open the software.

CrymsonKyng #57 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

My Tier IX Friedrich Der Grobe BB no longer fires it's secondaries.  Don't know if it was the update or the -60% secondary dispersion commander skill I added.  Help.  Throwing rocks isn't doing me any good.  Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Herr_Reitz #58 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostHarv72b, on 23 December 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

This happened to me as well.  To specify a bit more, when I reconnected it took me back into the match I'd been playing, I was zoomed out to normal level on own ship, but no key commands at all would work.  The mouse cursor was functioning and I could ~click~ on the game chat, but even then I couldn't type anything into it.  And even when attempting to close the program, it would not accept input on any of the options (exit game, return to game, etc).  This was finally corrected by killing the program in Task Manager and then re-opening.  Running Windows 10 with way more RAM & processing power than Warships will ever require. :B

I also still occasionally have the issue where the "X" key will no longer switch target lock between enemy ships, but will instead bind to a bearing (normally CTRL+X if memory serves).  This has been going on for as long as I can remember...it just randomly pops up and then continues through port and into new matches until I close and re-open the software.

you can sometimes get around this by getting into zoom mode and using the mouse pointer to reselect targets. And yes... it's been a problem for many months. 

another issue is the automatic view switching between turrets. Even with it off, it will switch your view from one turret set to the other(s). It's very annoying and has cost me a few shots, let me tell you. 

nubswon #59 Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Seaman

• Members

All of my ARPEGGIO SHIPS ARE GONE!

DarthDon49 #60 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostWardog_Noir, on 21 December 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

The entire HUD flickered on and off my last match before vanishing for good for the remainder of the match.  This is on a vanilla client with no background programs running.

I have had this happen before the patch. The only fix, as it continued from match to match, was to exit the game completely, restart my PC and then restart the game.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users