0.5.16 - Update Bug Report

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

Have you encountered anything weird or off in this update? Let us know.

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Slyv #2 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:25 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Was sitting in port and the game disconnected taking me to the log in screen and in a matter of seconds logged my back in on its own without me having to type in any log in information. Has only happened once. Running fully updated Win10.

Unabletony #3 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:34 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Audio s a bit desynced or messed up sometimes.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

dseehafer #4 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

Since the patch smoke no longer comes out of my funnels or my guns (when firing). I didnt touch my settings besides a few Audio sliders.
CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

12thDoctor #5 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSlyv, on 21 December 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Was sitting in port and the game disconnected taking me to the log in screen and in a matter of seconds logged my back in on its own without me having to type in any log in information. Has only happened once. Running fully updated Win10.

This happened while exiting a battle.  A quick message about the current server is going down for maintenance and it then redirected  me to another server (still NA, must be another server in the cluster or something?)

New backend feature that wasn't in the patch notes I assume.

"Most people aren't reasonable. Most people don't care about what's reasonable. No one I know is reasonable. I'm not reasonable. Reason is nonsense. People are beliefs, feelings, and emotions, not reason. Accept this and you'll understand people pretty well. Also, beliefs, feelings, and emotions are superior to reason. Why? Because I said so. GET WITH THE PROGRAM."

-Hiroe, World of Warships NA Forums 2017  

12thDoctor #6 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The awards box (Honnor to Heros) sometimes does not show in port, however you can hover mouse where the box should be and see the loot you have gained.  I'll try and snag a screenshot next time, thought I did, but seem like I did not push the right button!  Hehe

"Most people aren't reasonable. Most people don't care about what's reasonable. No one I know is reasonable. I'm not reasonable. Reason is nonsense. People are beliefs, feelings, and emotions, not reason. Accept this and you'll understand people pretty well. Also, beliefs, feelings, and emotions are superior to reason. Why? Because I said so. GET WITH THE PROGRAM."

53thunder #7 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

game is stuck, the update finished but would not extract files, so i cant play the game need help.

21/12/2016 07:44:29  ERROR:        patch extraction. failed 7z.dll library loading

21/12/2016 07:44:29  ERROR:        open patch file. name: "C:\Games\World_of_Warships\Updates\wows.na_0.5.16.0.218818_0.5.15.2.216844_client.wgpkg; ", what: open patch error, wsg: name="wows.na_0.5.16.0.218818_0.5.15.2.216844_client.wgpkg"

Mexicanarmada15 #8 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I get some serious frame rate issue at the low tiers with all the torpedos popping off. Beyond that the odd moment where my ship does not respond to keys.
Spoiler

12thDoctor #9 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

damn, either I had a terrible morning and not hitting prtscrn button -- or screenshots are broken. But another issue is that I ship destruction animation is broken.  This time I blew up a destroyer and it flew up in the air and hovered magically.   I know Neptune is powerful but, this was a bit over kill! :)

Grey_Paladin #10 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I was sunk by a 'friendly' torpedo, yet I did not see any mention of it in the victory screens.  I will post screenshots once I figure out how to squeeze them down.

Addendum:  This has now happened twice.  After getting torpedoed and sunk by a friendly, there is no notification of compensation due to damage on the victory screen.

Edited by Grey_Paladin, 24 December 2016 - 09:53 PM.

Have gunship, will travel.

Kahlev_Al_Calen #11 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View Postdseehafer, on 21 December 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Since the patch smoke no longer comes out of my funnels or my guns (when firing). I didnt touch my settings besides a few Audio sliders.

Same issue, was playing at the minimum settings fine before but after patch there are no smoke effects at all. Tried switching the graphics settings to medium but still nothing.

I do use an Intel integrated video chip though (Potato Notebook), but never had issues with the smoke effects on any graphic setting i tried, up until today's patch.

Edited by Kahlev_Al_Calen, 21 December 2016 - 09:03 PM.

Locutus1546 #12 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

A couple things, one relatively small the other less so.

First: Having read the patch notes... as far as I can see, the only thing the game is  supposed to lose from the Arpeggio event is the Yokosuka port? (saddens me but alas) but having been looking under the audio, I've noticed a number of my captain voices are missing! for example Hiei and Ashigara. (And Myoko and Takao were never added unless you were IN those ships. =( ) This one's pretty minor, but I do hope it's a bug. I miss the variation!

Second and possibly slightly more important?: Ran into one of those new German DDs today... tricky little fellas. As he was obviously trying to torp me, I steered into his path, knowing my best chance with the ship I had was to ram him. Well, I succeeded in ramming him, but got no audio notification, his ship did not explode, and I noticed I didn't really take any real collision damage. Now while my ship was larger (a cruiser) I know I usually take -some- damage on impact with destroyers, and he'd already damaged me pretty good with the one torp that detonated, so I'd think I'd have been quite a bit closer to sinking myself. Never-the-less I came out (scratch free as far as I could tell) and he sunk. Seems a bit iffy.

To summarize the last one:

*No explosion effect on enemy ship from ramming and sinking it

*No visible damage to own ship on impact (Although battle report stated 1,109.. I question that)

*No audio notification of impact (Usually get that little ping and sometimes a voice message.)

Special_Kay #13 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

What is this, damage quanta for ants!? A quantum of damage needs to be at least three times as big!

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

Lord_Zath #14 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

Alt-tabbing out causes my music tracks to skip to the next track.

I've had more bugs as well, so I am trying to reinstall the client from scratch...

Squeesher #15 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Is it intended that the New Years camo that gives 200% Free XP doesn't include the standard improved concealment and incoming fire accuracy reduction bonuses that all other "premium" camo includes? Just seems out of place compared to all other camo.

Gashaus #16 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Seaman

• Members

In the Campaign Honorable Service 5, task 3 reads incapacitate or destroy %(count)d module.

What does that mean?

Leatherneck71 #17 Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Updated to

The game loads but once in the dock screen, Windows has encountered  a problem with WOWS,close program. Reinstalled, same problem. Not sure what to do next?

Lord_Zath #18 Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostLord_Zath, on 21 December 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Alt-tabbing out causes my music tracks to skip to the next track.

I've had more bugs as well, so I am trying to reinstall the client from scratch...

Got another error, as I was logged in and alt-tabbed.  Only other thing I can think of is usermusic, so I'm removing all of that.  If the problem persists, I'll try fullscreen only.  It COULD be because I have two displays, but this has never happened before...

Herr_Reitz #19 Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Bouncing Betty Ships are still present... 

GrumpyDude #20 Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am still suffering the slow download problem.

I remember when I had dial up that was faster than this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users