0.5.16 - Update Feedback

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Jenska #41 Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPete_Darling, on 23 December 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

Anyone notice that the Sun glare on certain maps makes it really hard to aim torpedo's? 

Actually makes it hard to see anything, but the torpedo arcs really suffer

Jenska #42 Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Can you please please please get rid of the collision avoidance system??  It's worse than useless. I set my CV  course through some island channels in a co-op game so I could focus on TB tactics and stay shielded from enemy guns . hearing the collision alert, I returned to fins myself grounded, HEAD-ON, on one of the island shores. It wasn't a matter of missing the turn and edging onto the island,; 1: the channel was way wide enough to pass through; 2: the head-on position was opposite the turn needed to follow the plotted course. Some avoidance system.  Get rid of it; Just follow the course as plotted. Stop adjusting course for ships you can't run into anyway.  No one will complain much. At least not compared to everything else.

ArcticWolf2 #43 Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

the forts in Bastion for Hot Spot is really Over powered. When i first spawned with my Donskoi I was already within detection range of the enemy fort, about fifteen seconds later i was fired upon from the enemy port and was set on fire several times. First three minutes of the match i already lost about 10K HP and had to use a repair. The Batteries on the forts are also Way to accurate and there odds of setting a Fire, in my opinion, is too high. trying to hit the forts themselves is hard to do as well, Several times ive tried to hit the station but all my shots missed. Its not like the fort or the Catapults we had in the Halloween event. The stations is if you get lucky and find the sweet spot which isnt easy when you are also being shot at and moving at the same time.

The game has also been crashing so much to the point i cant play for even one Hour. I have checked everything on my end and its all fine.

Edited by ArcticWolf2, 23 December 2016 - 10:01 PM.

JM1983 #44 Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:39 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostSantana2sff, on 23 December 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

The Sound effects team who are good, need to sidt down and go over the sounds once again. The Atlanta is firing and it sounds like a 22 caliber/. Horrible.

Come on guys we all know you're much better than that. Also the Radio comms sound unintelligible too compressed and levels even when adjusted are just too low.

​Happy to see someone else noticed this. I hope we can at least get the old sound back.

Edited by JM1983, 24 December 2016 - 02:02 AM.

SantaClausForever #45 Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

The update is fine, but I had a different, random question (sorry I'm asking this here, I don't know where to put it). Will you guys ever buff the Montana and how would you do it? Realistically it had great penetration (similar to or better than the Yamato). Also if you could make it possible to get the reload and dispersion upgrade together, that would really help. As it is, she just can't match up with the other T10 BBs, and that, I think, has to be changed.

Rottenshot338 #46 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:49 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Having trouble getting game to start

IKECVBG #47 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:20 AM

Seaman

• Members

Well, after 3.5 days of this update, I have the following... for me, none of the issues that cropped up with 15.1 were resolved. Late getting into matches. Ships roll one way then 180 degrees the other when sinking. Switching from torps to guns, particularly with dd's, locks up screen. MM dropping low tier (T5) into high tier (T7) matches when theres 10k+ players online on the server. Lag, omg lag of the worst kind. The Neighbors map is notorious for unplayability with me. I've music deselected and yet it still flippin' plays in port. I'd love to support this outfit with more of my free $$ but ya'll seem to have taken a big piece of Bigpoint's and Activision's playbook and shoved it down the throats of the casual player such as myself. If ya'll have set this game up for only those with suped up pc's and no budget to spend on pixelated ships, then I should reconsider being a customer of yours. At this time, I dont feel ya'll much give a damn. Stop adding content and fix the issues ya have.

Gold! It look good on ya!

(yeah, I aint gud yet...)

Nanostrike #48 Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The German DDs are disappointing.

The guns are too short ranged for such fragile ships, their firing arcs are too high and floaty, their AP is incredibly bounce-prone, and the firing detection penalty is beyond stupid.

Why is a T5 DD with an 8km Gun Range getting a 14km detection radius after firing?  That's just dumb and needlessly punishing.

imperiallion365 #49 Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostArcticWolf2, on 23 December 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

the forts in Bastion for Hot Spot is really Over powered. When i first spawned with my Donskoi I was already within detection range of the enemy fort, about fifteen seconds later i was fired upon from the enemy port and was set on fire several times. First three minutes of the match i already lost about 10K HP and had to use a repair. The Batteries on the forts are also Way to accurate and there odds of setting a Fire, in my opinion, is too high. trying to hit the forts themselves is hard to do as well, Several times ive tried to hit the station but all my shots missed. Its not like the fort or the Catapults we had in the Halloween event. The stations is if you get lucky and find the sweet spot which isnt easy when you are also being shot at and moving at the same time.

The game has also been crashing so much to the point i cant play for even one Hour. I have checked everything on my end and its all fine.

thank god some else experienced and wrote up their thoughs on this as well.

Walkurian2112 #50 Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

HUGE detection bloom on firing my guns, Gaede, up to 16 km detect with both 128s and 150s, so I'm no longer playing german dds. ill go back to my usn and ijn and ussr dds

Rottenshot338 #51 Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:23 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Can I reinstall the game without losing what I have in the game. The game stops working when I try to connect

sasquatch_research #52 Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:39 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

Still no reply as to BB's getting castrated in their capabilities.  I'm would like someone to address the reduced capability as far as slower acceleration in speed, slower gun rotations to the point if your in a turn, your guns will never catch up in a tight turn, main gun dispersal really is lame on the German T7 Gneisenau, it's like why upgrade your gun to 20 miles when they rarely can hit much past 10-12km with any accuracy and yet Cruiser and destroyers don't have much problems at that range (10-12 miles), and that's with my ship modified for turret rotation speed and gun accuracy.  You really seemed to have killed the BB's capability, or at least the T7 German.  Why is that and exactly what all has been modified?  Maybe this second post will get answered, thanks.

Pete

Rogue_Woodchuck #53 Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:17 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Why do I have to wait four days to finish Stage 1 of the Graf Spee hunt?

I was ready to finish Stage 1 yesterday, but I'm not allowed to.

It doesn't make sense to me.

There are two things you need to know in Life. Number 1 is never tell everything you know.

Neighbor_Kid #54 Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

One thing.. why doesnt my game look as awesome as the trailer before I log into the game!? lol.. I love the sounds for all the cannons! 

SirJingles #55 Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:05 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Masterful job by WoW, they nerf IJN dd's to the point of distraction for many players only to introduce a whole line of German dd's a short time later... coincidence, l think not! There is no way l'm abandoning a couple of my 15 point IJN's just to get into a hulking German dd with a big bulls eye on it.

fbrrhd #56 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostIKECVBG, on 24 December 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Well, after 3.5 days of this update, I have the following... for me, none of the issues that cropped up with 15.1 were resolved. Late getting into matches. Ships roll one way then 180 degrees the other when sinking. Switching from torps to guns, particularly with dd's, locks up screen. MM dropping low tier (T5) into high tier (T7) matches when theres 10k+ players online on the server. Lag, omg lag of the worst kind. The Neighbors map is notorious for unplayability with me. I've music deselected and yet it still flippin' plays in port. I'd love to support this outfit with more of my free $$ but ya'll seem to have taken a big piece of Bigpoint's and Activision's playbook and shoved it down the throats of the casual player such as myself. If ya'll have set this game up for only those with suped up pc's and no budget to spend on pixelated ships, then I should reconsider being a customer of yours. At this time, I dont feel ya'll much give a damn. Stop adding content and fix the issues ya have.

+1:great:

Gashaus #57 Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostRogue_Woodchuck, on 26 December 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Why do I have to wait four days to finish Stage 1 of the Graf Spee hunt?

I was ready to finish Stage 1 yesterday, but I'm not allowed to.

It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm with you. It says stage 2 starts 12-27-16, but you can't finish stage 1 until 12-28-16. What gives?

sasquatch_research #58 Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:10 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

Still no reply as to BB's getting castrated in their capabilities.  I would like someone to address the reduced capability as far as slower acceleration in speed, slower gun rotations to the point if your in a turn, your guns will never catch up in a tight turn, main gun dispersal really is lame on the German T7 Gneisenau, it's like why bother to upgrade your guns to 20 miles when they rarely can hit much past 10-12km with any accuracy and yet Cruiser and destroyers don't have much problems at that range (10-12 miles), and that's with my ship modified for turret rotation speed and gun accuracy.  Then you take into account damage control, if your hit with HE your going to burn to death before anything gets fixed so it's almost useless.  Battleships are supposed to be the biggest, baddest, damage absorbing thing on the sea but WOW have degraded them to not much better than a cruiser.  You really seemed to have killed the BB's capability, or at least the T7 German.  Why is that and exactly what all has been modified as compared to version 5.13?  Maybe this 3rd post will get answered, although I'm having my doubts.

Pete

C_Man_ #59 Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:20 AM

Seaman

• Members

WG Please remove the bastion mode on maps. Players have a hard enough time with the other ships shooting at them, they don't need fortress shooting at them. Wo Tanks does not have this and there are enough things that players are upset about, so please don't add insult to injury. Please remove Bastion mode on maps. I played 5 of them tonight and was so sick of it that I logged and stop playing for the night. I also asked both teams if any one liked bastion mode and no one did.

StoptheViolins #60 Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

So I am no longer getting reimbursed for being torpedoed and shot by my own team?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users