0.5.16 - Update Feedback

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

JustinOldDude #21 Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postdionkraft, on 22 December 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

THANKS for that explanation as it makes sense if thats the case..  Best of Holidays to you...

You should see what happens when an ARP ship is torpedoed! Looks crazy

JustinOldDude #22 Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostJustinOldDude, on 22 December 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

Main gun sounds on certain ships such as Kuma and a few other ships are really terrible. Sounds very hollow. I hope they could bring back the main guns sounds from 0.5.15. they were great. 

Really need to fix this. Makes for less enjoyable game.

I guess this was already addressed. I hope they fix it. Also the Radio Slider does not help at all. Anyway to put the old sounds back into the WoWS folder? Somewhere int /RES folder?

Edited by JustinOldDude, 22 December 2016 - 03:47 PM.

mikemet #23 Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Not sure if my question is update related or a website issue..anyway I cant get past the log-in page when attempting to purchase "Santa's gifts"...anybody else struggling?

Oberst1 #24 Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostElo_J_Fudpucker, on 21 December 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

​They are big guns...

Only two of the German DD's offer the 150mm as an option. The problem stems from the 128mm guns which should not have as large a view penalty. See the third quote below......

View PostForbiddenEwe, on 21 December 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Why did you feel the need to stealth nerf the German DDs after you'd already released the stats/allowed community contributors to review them? Seems a little disingenuous to be honest.

This is a very Legitimate question, From some of the vids put up by youtube Community Contributors it would seem a few of them are pretty upset at what WG pulled here. They kind of threw the CC community under the bus on this one. I;m glad that I didnt waste any money on freeing up XP for this new line.

View PostXplus1, on 21 December 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yep German DD's got messed up after testing.  German 128mm guns after firing add 8km's to detection. Soviet DD's 130mm add 5.9km's and Japanese 127mm add 3.8km's

Yes, this is the issue right here, however, I have a feeling that WG plans to rework the other lines, i.e. the USN and IJN DD lines where they too will no longer be able to use stealth when firing their guns.

Again, and I am simply trying to warn WG here, if they go this route, they will be hurting this game. People will see players with Premium ships that will not be effected by the changes as being "PAY to PLAY" and they will be pissed off that they cant buy those ships anymore while being stuck with DD's that have been created with a completely new play style, that in the end will only kill the DD line.

I would not have an issue with the changes... IF WG rescaled the Destroyers to be on a 1:1 scale with Battleships, meaning that DD's should be displayed at their realistic scale to other ships in game, currently none of the ships in this game are drawn to the same scale as other classes of ships. Each class of ship is drawn to a different scale. However.....

It is really too late for WG to make such a change.... not unless they would be prepared for the huge backlash and resultant refunds demanded by players of Premium ships, since the only way to fix all the issues would be to readjust the premium DD's as well.

Currently as it is, the German DD line is not worth grinding, it has nothing to offer.

Instead of WG nerfing the other lines, they really need to buff the german line if they really expect anyone other then the Wehraboos to go beyond tier two and grind up to tier 10.

Viper069 #25 Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostJustinOldDude, on 22 December 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Main gun sounds on certain ships such as Kuma and a few other ships are really terrible. Sounds very hollow. I hope they could bring back the main guns sounds from 0.5.15. they were great. 

Really need to fix this. Makes for less enjoyable game.

View PostJustinOldDude, on 22 December 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

I guess this was already addressed. I hope they fix it. Also the Radio Slider does not help at all. Anyway to put the old sounds back into the WoWS folder? Somewhere int /RES folder?

*This...       The Radio slider doesn't help a bit on the affected ships.

ButterCruiser #26 Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I think we should keep bastion on some maps or maybe move them away from the spawn. I took a while to load in and when i did i was on half hp because of the forts. Maybe move them away from spawn so people who have crap internet connection can load in on full hp

Edited by Marie_splatoon, 22 December 2016 - 07:40 PM.

Join the ARP clan~ you wont regret it~ (cant put the link here sadly)

i need to stop sniffing paint

SgtBeltfed #27 Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Minor problem, when watching a replay with ARP ships in it, they show up as the normal ships irrespective of the show ARP ship check box being checked in game.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/25232

Creepershark77 #28 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

• Members

Undo that unnecessary nerf with the German DDs, it's not fun to play in them with such a large detectability range.

sasquatch_research #29 Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:53 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

I would like for someone to answer as to what has been done to the BB's (My Tier 7 Gneisenau).  It would appear that they have reduced the acceleration to where it's hard to get to top end, reduced the turret rotation speed and if your in any kind of turn, you almost never get your turrets rotated to engage anything, and did they change the dispersion of shells on the German BB's?,  

The BB is not as good as it was in 5.13.  Just what has been changed and why?  The detection range issue sucks too.

Pete

imperiallion365 #30 Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:14 AM

Seaman

• Members

Get rid of bastion mode on Hot Spot.  I spawned up front on the west side in my Donskoi and right off the bat I was taking fire from the fort.

Really!?  Taking fire and dmg right from the start from a fort is just silly.  Way too much going on in that map with all the stations and forts and etc.  Make it more simple!  Less is more guys!

SEATOPEN #31 Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Please allow us to SELL OFF all the ARP ships littering our ports.  I'm simply not interested in ARP.  It makes it hard to manage the fleet with all the cartoon ships in the way. 

dark.png

fireraiserbr #32 Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:25 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

View PostXplus1, on 22 December 2016 - 04:38 AM, said:

Yep German DD's got messed up after testing.  German 128mm guns after firing add 8km's to detection. Soviet DD's 130mm add 5.9km's and Japanese 127mm add 3.8km's

everybody can cry all day

i can cry more than you about the nerfing of IJN DD's whose guns are useless, ship nerfing making everybody see them so i cant get torpedos neither, no guns no torpedos, now theyre unusable,must be sold

i believe you wont cry so hard after you reach high tiers and youll have radar on your damn german dd also. what can i do then against you with my useless japanese dd guns, ah? 

german dd's are OP like any line ever introduced new in this damn comapny called wargaming, and leave the other old line, or better, nerf the other lines before bringing the op german dd line, thats laughable

yet you get babies crying, they dont like their damn guns are too visible after they fire

Edited by fireraiserbr, 23 December 2016 - 06:32 AM.

dionkraft #33 Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

Ensign

• Members

Saw this freighter on fire by an island. Thanks for putting it in - has a nice bit of realism and efx. 

Oberst1 #34 Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postfireraiserbr, on 22 December 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

everybody can cry all day

i can cry more than you about the nerfing of IJN DD's whose guns are useless, ship nerfing making everybody see them so i cant get torpedos neither, no guns no torpedos, now theyre unusable,must be sold

i believe you wont cry so hard after you reach high tiers and youll have radar on your damn german dd also. what can i do then against you with my useless japanese dd guns, ah? 

german dd's are OP like any line ever introduced new in this damn comapny called wargaming, and leave the other old line, or better, nerf the other lines before bringing the op german dd line, thats laughable

yet you get babies crying, they dont like their damn guns are too visible after they fire

LOL I think you are going a bit too far there. While I agree with you that the IJN line was nerfed overall, the guns on most of the DD's in the IJN line are fine, they lost a bit of damage and fire potential, but other then the 100mm on the Akizuki, the nerf on the guns was not too bad and with the Akizuki you just need to learn to change ammo types, in fact the AP actually works better against enemy DD's rather then using HE as you normally would.

MY issues with the IJN DD line have more to do with the Torpedo speed nerfs to most of the line, the range nerfs are bothersome but can be played, but the speed of the torps needs to be buffed on the IJN DD's below tier 8, or the range at which enemy ships can visually spot them needs to be adjusted.

On the German DD's I would ask you if you have actually played any of them???? Other then the Tier 2 German DD, which is rather fun to play, I have not bothered with grinding the line since, if you take the time to really look at the ships, they have serious issues that make them seriously UnderPowered when compared to any other DD line out there.

While I would say that the current state of german DD's is accurate in that Germany's Destroyers were overall garbage during World War Two, for the sake of the game, for balance's sake, they do need some buffing in terms of their concealment ratings when they fire 128mm guns... I can somewhat agree that the 150mm should make the two DD's that can use them more detectable but to have 128mm guns that have the same "Flash" penalty when fired as a Battleship's main guns is a bit too much of a stretch.

Oberst1 #35 Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSEATOPEN, on 22 December 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Please allow us to SELL OFF all the ARP ships littering our ports.  I'm simply not interested in ARP.  It makes it hard to manage the fleet with all the cartoon ships in the way. 

All you need to do is go to the lower left hand corner just above your ship roster and click on the "Open Ship Display panel" and to the far right inside the box you will see "Additional" with a little box with a "?" in it, below is a box that has a check mark in it with "Arpeggio" next to the box. Click on the box to remove the checkmark and you will no longer see the ARP ships in your ship roster.

LOL I love how you make it sound so difficult to "manage" your ships when the ARP ships only show up within the Japanese part of the roster. There are so many quick ways to get to your other ships rather then scrolling thru your entire roster to get to a specific ship you want. Again, the "Ship Display Panel" is your friend.... Learn to use it.

Lancer240 #36 Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I got rid of my German DD. Maybe i'll give them another shot in a few months.   In general i am a poor player, even worse at DD play. SO, maybe DDs are not for me.  Damage numbers were very low - even for me.  

Seperately, thanks for adding yet another ship that can constantly rain fire down on everything.  Gee, if WOWS doesn't want cruisers and battleships in the game - just remove them!  (that's called sarcasm).

silverdahc #37 Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

So far I really like this update haven't really got to try out the German destroyers except for a little bit but it looks like fun

Since I haven't posted in awhile the last update with Jap Destroyers changing I think it's kind of cool I've not played them much ( was pushing for the Bismarck )to try them either. It is kind of cool to have an excuse to relearn all the Jap destroyers again.  I will miss the old Fubuki it was where everything kind of fell into place with the old Jap Destroyers 

I do really enjoy all the new campaigns and containers thanks that's great

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Creepershark77 #38 Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

• Members

Could we please have an option to have the old voice effects, because I can't find a way to change it so it's like that.

Santana2sff #39 Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Seaman

• Members

The Sound effects team who are good, need to sidt down and go over the sounds once again. The Atlanta is firing and it sounds like a 22 caliber/. Horrible.

Come on guys we all know you're much better than that. Also the Radio comms sound unintelligible too compressed and levels even when adjusted are just too low.

Pete_Darling #40 Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Anyone notice that the Sun glare on certain maps makes it really hard to aim torpedo's? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users