0.5.16 Update Notes and Downtime

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

KyourakuShunsui #21 Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostJustinOldDude, on 20 December 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

I am curious what the "Surprise" is that was eluded to?

It is the Christmas Campaign for the Graf Spee. Details are up for Asia. We shall have to wait until the site is back up to see if the campaign is the same for the NA server.

UNC_Samurai #22 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I was half-paying attention to the video when I caught this line - "so now they are capable of shooting down enemy airplanes - something unusual for destroyers"

The naval historian part of my brain won't stop yelling at the wargaming part.

MeMadMax #23 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:15 PM

Seaman

• Members

I'm glad I don't drive muts.

=P

tooboku #24 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Ensign

• Members

That login screen.

Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin #25 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

They nerfed Mustuki....wow

航空母艦 Graf Zeppelin、出撃する! Lichten des Ankers!

ビスマルク姉さま、ご一緒に出撃しましょう!- Prinz Eugen

戦艦ビスマルク、抜錨!出る撃すわ!- Bismarck

Stardin #26 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

All I can say at the Moment, is I'm liking what I see in this update and the year ahead.

ARandomClaymore #27 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:52 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It states that 5.16 there is to be a second permanent camo for the Tirpitz, however I cannot seem to see/locate it in game. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

I see the New Year's one that costs 5dblns though.

Edited by ARandomClaymore, 21 December 2016 - 12:53 PM.

rafael_azuaje #28 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:52 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I think that konig albert has to fire to 26seg as  your his sister kaiser the main guns are exactly same. if you fun history guns model kaiser& KA. fire shoot 26 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia..._cm_SK_L/50_gun

Edited by rafael_azuaje, 21 December 2016 - 01:13 PM.

hanesco #29 Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

• Members

View Postrafael_azuaje, on 21 December 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

I think that konig albert has to fire to 26seg as  your his sister kaiser the main guns are exactly same. if you fun history guns model kaiser& KA. fire shoot 26 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia..._cm_SK_L/50_gun

So, you want to buff an already powerful (even OP) ship for it to be even more OP? It was put one tier lower than it should, just deal with it. We don't want another Nikolai I

Current ships:

Tier II-IV: Tachibana, Emden, Katori, Ishizuchi, Duguay-Trouin.

Tier V-VI: Kamikaze R, ARP Kongo (all), Furutaka, T-22, Konig, Kirov, Emile Bertin, Bayern, Graf Spee.

Tier VII: ARP Myoko (all), Pensacola, Mahan, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Shchors, Minsk, Fiji.

Tier VIII:  ARP Takao, Amagi, Mogami, Kagero, Kiev, Ognevoi, Adm. Hipper.

Stardin #30 Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I'm loving the new patch.

It's absolutely fun.  I saw the Container animation and loved it!

Today is not a good day to be a battleship player (yes, I'm one):angry:.  You'll be getting your stomach full of German torpedo soup:P.  (It cracks me up.)  I've loving every minute of it.:teethhappy:  And you guys think, Battleship players don't have a sense of humor :amazed:.  You all have a great day :tea_cap:.

Edited by Stardin, 21 December 2016 - 03:31 PM.

Pete_Darling #31 Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

• Members

View PostUNC_Samurai, on 21 December 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

I was half-paying attention to the video when I caught this line - "so now they are capable of shooting down enemy airplanes - something unusual for destroyers"

The naval historian part of my brain won't stop yelling at the wargaming part.

Guess WG forgot USN DD's have dual purpose Main Guns already, so nothing special. 

fireraiserbr #32 Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

they nerfed the japanese, and mutsuki, already nerfed was too strong so they nerfed it again

all these with bringing new line, german DD'S, which being new is always OP like wargaming  does each and every time

so now what can, the nerfed , japanese dds against the german dds with radio scanner consumable in higher tiers ?

wg hate the japanese dd's so much , or there are too many players playing japanese dd's still, anyway they made them unplayable. 

Edited by fireraiserbr, 21 December 2016 - 04:01 PM.

WhiteRecon #33 Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

• Members

View Post_Tezzeret, on 20 December 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

"A worthy adversary for Khabarovsk and Gearing" Notice the one did not mentioned here?

That's b/c the German can't stand up to the wrath of the... oh wait, that's right.  I must have suppressed my memory... the horror, the horror.  Luckily they didn't hobble my Khaba by.... omg, let me wake up now please.

Hiro_Dark #34 Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Hrm...Dunno if any of the devs are going to keep an eye in here, but...

So I've been trying to Tier-Up to the point where I'll, y'know, actually be able to attempt the Arpeggio missions(I only realized the Last Chance stuff was going on a couple days ago, shame on me) and I managed to get to Tier 5 last night, which is(of course) juuuust shy of having been enough to actually get started. So my question is, are the 'Last Chance' missions to gather the Fog Fleet considered 'Arpeggio content for the purposes of needing the thing toggled in the ship carousal, and if so, will that be toggled for me despite not actually having any of the Arpeggio ships yet(given as I did have the Yokosuka port enabled)? Wanna make sure I'll still have a chance to at least get a couple of the ARP rewards while I still have a chance.

tooboku #35 Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postfireraiserbr, on 21 December 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

all these with bringing new line, german DD'S, which being new is always OP like wargaming  does each and every time

Wouldn't worry too much about early stats. You know the Missouri? Everyone seems to be saving their Free XP for that so if you see players in the high tiers running with the stats it's (1) people who have no interest in the Missouri, which is unlikely; (2) wallet warriors but there hasn't been a lot of hype for German DDs; (3) people who already have the Missouri, who must be good if they already have that much FreeXP to spare; or (4) people who are just that good to have ground up to T10 in a few days.

Kizarvexis #36 Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostARandomClaymore, on 21 December 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

It states that 5.16 there is to be a second permanent camo for the Tirpitz, however I cannot seem to see/locate it in game. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

I see the New Year's one that costs 5dblns though.

I was looking for info on the New Years Medal event and saw the video in the WOWS news about the Christmas Campaign for the SMS Adm Graf Spee and in that they said you could earn a new camo for the SMS Tirpitz. 

Kizarvexis #37 Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostKyourakuShunsui, on 21 December 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

It is the Christmas Campaign for the Graf Spee. Details are up for Asia. We shall have to wait until the site is back up to see if the campaign is the same for the NA server.

How to get the camo for the SMS Tirpitz and how to get the SMS Adm Graf Spee dropped.

https://worldofwarsh...arkersfaveship/

Either 138k if the tasks can not be done concurrently or 85.5k if they can be done at the same time for the AGS.

A longer campaign for the Tirpitz camo and the other free tech tree ships that you have to have the Graf Spee first to run.

Edit: I was wrong, you need 3 pins for each of the 4 Graf Spee missions, so the XP is much higher. You need 5 pins for each of the 8 Tirpitz missions, but they are like the Science type missions.

Edited by Kizarvexis, 22 December 2016 - 03:49 AM.

someman #38 Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I owned a Mutsuki & a Hatsuharu before the Japanese destroyers update.

When this was replaced by the new line, I kept the Mutsuki at tier 5, Got a tier 6 Fubuki, tier 6 Hatsuharu, and tier 7 Akatsuki. I received a free premium camouflage with all of them.

After the German destroyers update I don't have any of those premium camo patterns anymore. None of them. I liked my Hatsu, and if they are gonna replace it with a "torp boat" with almost 7.5 km detection range, then a free premium camo is okay, but not I don't even have that.

Edited by someman, 22 December 2016 - 07:31 AM.

S4breh4wk #39 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I have a suggestion to WG .... given all the insane updates which added anti-stealth mechanics and spotting methods + the brutal ship rework that killed the Minekaze, and introducing a bunch of worthless inferior crap ijn DDs  ...how bout you install a suicide bomber device on IJN torpedo boats that kills anything in the blast radius of 4 km to "balance" things out again... oh yes and since BBs arent powerful enuf they need a black hole generator and warp engines so they stand a chance....at least they already can turn on a dime and full stop 100.000 tons of steel in the matter of seconds..but that aint strong enough really! Oh yes... i forgot ...titanium armored WW2 planes that can hover above a target forever being shot at.... that is just TOO WEAK!

That said... u refuse to think about Matchmaking Range adjustments.... Come on...There are clearly a ton of ships who just are cannon fodder if they meet +2 tier matchmaking especially relevant for tier 6-8 ships.
Instead of changing around ship stats or doing miniscule updates or outright nothing ...certain weaker ships should get +1/-2 or +1/-1 matchmaking... a thing that can easily be adjusted without having to put any ressources in development. Hell you could even just change the percentage value on which these ships get matched to higher tiers to lower value.

Edited by S4breh4wk, 22 December 2016 - 10:42 AM.

GuyFox_2 #40 Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Seaman

• Members

How about fix this crappy Match Making??  Just played a game where I was a tier 6 Farragut matched up to a Mahan.. ok I can handle that... our other Farragut matched up to a Benson.. wth...!  But we get another destroyer, TASH, matched up to a cruiser, and enemy also gets an extra BB.  So if the boats are going to be skewed to such a degree, why the hell are they still matching potatoes up against pros.. WG stacks teams and it is becoming so stupid to play this game.  As they continue to crap on destroyers with every update, every chance they get. STUPID GAME

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users