Regarding USS Alabama

USS Alabama

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

JJDOU3D #41 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Thank you WG! Plans probably evolved in the last 24 hours to release a regular premium USS Alabama, but that was precisely what you had to do with the situation. You listened a bit late customers but at least you listened and I thank you. And you probably learned a lot.

Again thank you and I hope it is sooner than later released considering people really want that ship.

Sovereigndawg #42 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Ensign

• Members

250 users reading this topic. Never seen more than 15.

Edited by Sovereigndawg, 15 December 2016 - 11:04 PM.

jeffreywalker74656 #43 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostTrevzor, on 15 December 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Hey everybody,

We have noticed a lot of threads going on regarding USS Alabama and we wanted to clarify a few things for all of you:

USS Alabama that is currently coming to the World of Warships client is indeed a special ship only available to the Supertesters as a reward ship. This ship is going to be given to testers who have dedicated an exceptional amount of time to the improvement of World of Warships.

We are planning to sell a regular version of Alabama in the future, unfortunately we don’t have specific dates to share with you at this time. Normally we don’t announce sales this far in advance, but seeing the overwhelming response to this ship, we have decided to make an exception.

Keep your eyes on the portal and forums for more information when it becomes available.

Good luck out there!

Thank you. Thank you very much. Merry Christmas and God Bless to all of you at Wargaming. So happy about this.

Join Naval Force's Elite, Apply ingame by searching for NFE. Casual Clan with no real requirements other than enjoyment.

Chobittsu #44 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

So much for the supertesters having something unique to them. I hope everyone who whined is proud of themselves.

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

mobryan #45 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Coming "Soon" to a port near you...

If only I didn't know what "Soon" means :(

Matt

David54321 #46 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thanks for selling us a regular version while also letting the SuperTester's have their own style of it!!

bludenum #47 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

View PostTrevzor, on 15 December 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

Hey everybody,

We have noticed a lot of threads going on regarding USS Alabama and we wanted to clarify a few things for all of you:

USS Alabama that is currently coming to the World of Warships client is indeed a special ship only available to the Supertesters as a reward ship. This ship is going to be given to testers who have dedicated an exceptional amount of time to the improvement of World of Warships.

We are planning to sell a regular version of Alabama in the future, unfortunately we don’t have specific dates to share with you at this time. Normally we don’t announce sales this far in advance, but seeing the overwhelming response to this ship, we have decided to make an exception.

Keep your eyes on the portal and forums for more information when it becomes available.

Good luck out there!

Outstanding!

Big_Spud #48 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostChobittsu, on 15 December 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

So much for the supertesters having something unique to them. I hope everyone who whined is proud of themselves.

Oh no, people got the privilege to buy something!

ST version will probably keep the special Camo anyways.

Fat sterned botes make the warships world go 'round.

Check out this thread to see how the community managed to rescue Alabama from mediocrity: http://forum.worldof...18#entry2868718

No stats, because posting with purple numbers makes your opinion worthless for some reason.

NeoRussia #49 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:10 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

OK, now give me Kitakami.

Nhi_Vanye #50 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

An excellent decision.  Thanks for letting us know!:medal:

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Vice Admiral Sir David Beatty

Chobittsu #51 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostBig_Spud, on 15 December 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

Oh no, people got the privilege to buy something!

ST version will probably keep the special Camo anyways.

Implying they won't whine for that too.

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

starksrevenge #52 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

• Members

View PostSovereigndawg, on 15 December 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

We do need a definition of regular version now. Just a bit more clarification on that would be nice.

I think for now we should all just be happy that we will eventually have the option to get it. WG has listened to its community and made descion in it best interest lets just be thankful for that.

YamatoA150 #53 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKilljoy1941, on 15 December 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

It's about what I expected given the entire hysteria was based on a leak. The distinction between the unspoken "this" exclusive Alabama and a potential premium Alabama was always there.

The dumbest, or maybe silliest, thing about this fiasco was that Alabama was repeatedly confirmed by both dataminers and Wiki Editors to have TWO separate entries, yet people ignored it in favor of fearmongering.

They literally ignored common sense and the other half of the leaks in favor of throwing the NA server into a tizzy.  If WG truly wanted to never release Alabama to the masses, they wouldn't have gone through the effort of TWO SEPARATE ENTRIES (much less one named "Alabama_ST" and the other "Alabama").  Even WG straight up said that clone ships take time to code in as they are separate entities and all the data they need to make each one work, so that one ship's code doesn't accidentally call for a non-existent part (such as a turret model) that did not make it to the live server.

My massive list of suggestions (Updated 05/17/2016).  Feel free to constructively debate and discuss.

Remember remember the 17th of September, the Tirpitz; which cost a lot.  Some say it's a fortune, and that it's extortion; but the price will never be forgot.

"I call her the Sandman.  She tells other tier 3 ships, "Hush now.  Only dreams," as she murders them."LittleWhiteMouse on Konig Albert - 08/30/2016

Perriwen #54 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thank you, knowing I'll be able to sail such an impactful part of my childhood on the virtual seas makes me so very happy.

Edited by Perriwen, 15 December 2016 - 11:18 PM.

Goodwood_Alpha #55 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:20 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Thank you, Trevzor.

"You have enemies? Good, that means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." —Winston Churchill

Thoughts on World of WarshipsNo Bull is now recruiting!

starksrevenge #56 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

• Members

View PostChobittsu, on 15 December 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

ST one will still be unique and maybe is even a bit better that's ok with me they and also they won't have to pay for it.... all that sounds special to me and well deserved.

Edited by starksrevenge, 15 December 2016 - 11:22 PM.

PzkwVIB #57 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostChobittsu, on 15 December 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

They get something like how us beta testers have the Arkansas B, and how beta's in World of Tanks have the KV-220 B. It's not really any different from the original, but it's unique to them. It show's that they were super testers who stayed true to the NDA and were rewarded because of it.

I for one salute WG for this. They not only listened to the majority of players, but they accomplished their goal of giving specific super testers a ship that is unique to them.

<a href='http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1005459290/dark.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://na.warshipsto...459290/dark.png</a>

Killjoy1941 #58 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:23 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor

View PostYamatoA150, on 15 December 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

The dumbest, or maybe silliest, thing about this fiasco was that Alabama was repeatedly confirmed by both dataminers and Wiki Editors to have TWO separate entries, yet people ignored it in favor of fearmongering.

They literally ignored common sense and the other half of the leaks in favor of throwing the NA server into a tizzy.  If WG truly wanted to never release Alabama to the masses, they wouldn't have gone through the effort of TWO SEPARATE ENTRIES (much less one named "Alabama_ST" and the other "Alabama").  Even WG straight up said that clone ships take time to code in as they are separate entities and all the data they need to make each one work so that one ship's code doesn't accidentally call for a non-existent part (such as a turret model) that did not make it to the live server.

In a nutshell.

Xeilin #59 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostYamatoA150, on 15 December 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

They literally ignored common sense and the other half of the leaks in favor of throwing the NA server into a tizzy.  If WG truly wanted to never release Alabama to the masses, they wouldn't have gone through the effort of TWO SEPARATE ENTRIES (much less one named "Alabama_ST" and the other "Alabama").  Even WG straight up said that clone ships take time to code in as they are separate entities and all the data they need to make each one work so that one ship's code doesn't accidentally call for a non-existent part (such as a turret model) that did not make it to the live server.

Well of course.  I'm looking forward to the shut up of the large amount of topics.  Hopefully anyways.  Though I am looking forward to seeing both models of the Alabama in the game to look for the small differences if there are any to ogle over.

Destroyer_AkizukiKai #60 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

STs for the work they do deserve more than this, I am appalled by the behaviour of the community upon hearing the initial news. The equivalent of a temper tantrum, if I had to make a comparison.

But now that it's announced that it will be released for public sale, guess it's all solved. I do think the STs deserve more than just a unique skin or something, they work hard to bring us new lines sooner and making sure they're balanced/ready for use.

Oh well, this was a nice pin to stick in the Alabama issue, now to the next hot topic.

KNTAI/JKSDF Recruitment Officer, KNTAI-JF Co-Captain and Bismarck/Akizuki Aficionado

"One drop of water is harmless, many drops will create a storm."

Ships: Yamato, Shimakaze, Kagerou, Akizuki, Atago, Ishizuchi, Katori, Shokaku, ARP Takao/Myoukou/Nachi/Ashigara/Haguro/Kongou/Hiei/Haruna/Kirishima, Großer Kurfürst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Hindenburg, Ernst Gaede, Graf Spee, Prinz Eugen, Mikhail Kutuzov, Gremyashcy, Molotov, Imperator Nikolai I, Chapayev, Murmansk, Ognevoi, Atlanta, Saipan, Missouri, Arkansas Beta, Indianapolis, Sims, Texas, Arizona, Marblehead, Leander, Fiji, Warspite, Dunkerque, Anshan, Lo Yang, Błyskawica.

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/taosenpaina  WTR: My Warships Today Rating

Also tagged with USS Alabama

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users