327 replies to this topic

Doomlock #21 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostDoomStomper, on 15 December 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

<---- Never planned on purchasing an Alabama in the first place :trollface:

Yes. :)

You and I keep bumping into one another on these forums other Doom, with our powers combined we could rule the forums as brothers in arms spreading doom to all who talk to us! Mwahahaha!

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Doom lord of HiNon: Purveyor of ship knowledge.

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's

Killjoy1941 #22 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor

View PostYamatoA150, on 15 December 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

See?  People need to have more faith in WG.  Timed exclusivity, which is entirely fair and valid.

All this impotent rage just because people were insecure that WG would never sell her at all.  :facepalm:

It's about what I expected given the entire hysteria was based on a leak. The distinction between the unspoken "this" exclusive Alabama and a potential premium Alabama was always there.

killerwhalejames #23 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

OMG r u guys gonna sell the Alabama??

OMG

thx

THANK YOU WARGAMING FOR DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

Nagato 

sinking cruisers since 1919

Spoiler

SergeantHop #24 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postparadat, on 15 December 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

VICTORY!!!!! :medal:

There was never a fight, just confusion.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

Sovereigndawg #25 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostDahkoht, on 15 December 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

First I'm glad they are doing this.

Second , they could have said this initially.

Finally though , the cynical part of me says this was NOT the original plan and though they will never admit it , the shitstorm raised is the reason it will be sold.

I am gonna say out cry has influenced the decision no matter if it was really gonna be released later or not. Regular version is the part of this announcement that caught my eye. I am happy that my investment in this game is safe for now though. A win is a win no matter what you believe the truth is. I'll take it!

Edited by Sovereigndawg, 15 December 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Doomlock #26 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKilljoy1941, on 15 December 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

It's about what I expected given the entire hysteria was based on a leak. The distinction between the unspoken "this" exclusive Alabama and a potential premium Alabama was always there.

I figured as much that it was a special ST Alabama but even then it wasn't positive that that was the case. Heck IChase did a video just earlier today going over the subject.

DoomStomper #27 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostDoomlock, on 15 December 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

You and I keep bumping into one another on these forums other Doom, with our powers combined we could rule the forums as brothers in arms spreading doom to all who talk to us! Mwahahaha!

The Doom Duo arises! :izmena:

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Rhal_ #28 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTrevzor, on 15 December 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Hey everybody,

We have noticed a lot of threads going on regarding USS Alabama and we wanted to clarify a few things for all of you:

USS Alabama that is currently coming to the World of Warships client is indeed a special ship only available to the Supertesters as a reward ship. This ship is going to be given to testers who have dedicated an exceptional amount of time to the improvement of World of Warships.

We are planning to sell a regular version of Alabama in the future, unfortunately we don’t have specific dates to share with you at this time. Normally we don’t announce sales this far in advance, but seeing the overwhelming response to this ship, we have decided to make an exception.

Keep your eyes on the portal and forums for more information when it becomes available.

Good luck out there!

I think this is what most everyone was looking for.  Thank you for giving a potentially bad situation a good outcome.  I'm satisfied and will continue to support the game financially.
I stopped caring about stats.

aradragoon #29 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Probably won't purchase Alabama but was one of the ones who thought it was a horrible decision.

I hope WG understands WHY this was initially a bad decision, why the community was upset and can do better at communication. Sorry but unlike everyone else the way the communication was handled for this matter was awful. This post is damage control and should have been done within 24 hours of the other post by Trevzor unless it wasn't planned to sell another version of Alabama. In which case there are bigger problems with WG. My faith is shaken WG and I truly hope you can do better at least with communication going forward. I want to have faith in the devs again.

P.S. I hold no ill will towards any employees or anything like that. I just feel it was a bad business decision that blew up and the fallout wasn't handled properly at the start.

paradat #30 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSergeantHop, on 15 December 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

There was never a fight, just confusion.

End result is the same. VICTORY!!!!! :medal:                   Not sure I believe this was the plan all along, but it could have been.

Edited by paradat, 15 December 2016 - 10:56 PM.

Canadian_Reaper #31 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Thanks for the update!

As others have mentioned, it would have been far better (communication wise) to let the player base know before this, but this is the answer pretty much everyone was looking for, so good job!

Doomlock #32 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostDoomStomper, on 15 December 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

The Doom Duo arises! :izmena:

:izmena::red_button:

Harmonmj13 #33 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostTrevzor, on 15 December 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Hey everybody,

We have noticed a lot of threads going on regarding USS Alabama and we wanted to clarify a few things for all of you:

USS Alabama that is currently coming to the World of Warships client is indeed a special ship only available to the Supertesters as a reward ship. This ship is going to be given to testers who have dedicated an exceptional amount of time to the improvement of World of Warships.

We are planning to sell a regular version of Alabama in the future, unfortunately we don’t have specific dates to share with you at this time. Normally we don’t announce sales this far in advance, but seeing the overwhelming response to this ship, we have decided to make an exception.

Keep your eyes on the portal and forums for more information when it becomes available.

Good luck out there!

TOOK YOU GUYS LONG ENOUGH!!!
I support the release of the USS Alabama (BB-60) in the Premium Shop - Mission Accomplished, Thank You Wargaming

TheRiposte #34 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

ugh... ok. Still don't like the decision to give an exclusive "version" to supertesters.  Give them a special camo/flag and simultaneously release it

Destroyer_Teruzuki #35 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

We did it internet!

We saved the Alabama!

the_fog_invader #36 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

yay now they can shut it about bama

вы используете этот перевод программного обеспечения неправильно, пожалуйста, обратитесь к руководство

help us decode http://forum.worldof...-guy-clue-hunt/

• Mostly plays battleships, especially high-tier and is excellent in them
  • Deals an above average amount of damage
  • Key vehicle - Tirpitz 

Salen #37 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

This is all folks wanted. Thanks for being reasonable, WG. See, no problems. Woo.:B

aradragoon #38 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

P.S. I think some info about potential difference might now also be warranted. Will the stats be different, still in many ways an exclusive but slightly more tolerable, or more or less a different camo/ship benefits?

Also I know you can't give a time frame but it might be important to know if we are talking weeks, months or more than a year. (Like waiting 2 or 3 months not to bad but 6+ months might be a little long given the outcry)

Again I personally won't get the Alabama, i can't get USN BBs to perform and thus don't have an interest but rather an interest in the health of the game.

TheKrimzonDemon #39 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostBattleship_Mutsu, on 15 December 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

Can we have all those dam alabama thread removed now? Those whiners drowning my happy wishes for 2017 thread.

PLEASE!

I drive ships. That's right, drive. I do not sail them. They don't have sails.

Sovereigndawg #40 Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

Ensign

• Members

We do need a definition of regular version now. Just a bit more clarification on that would be nice.

Also tagged with USS Alabama

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users