USS Alabama

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

jeffreywalker74656 #321 Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostLadyJess, on 07 March 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

I shall take a pass on buying this ship and leave her for the testers to have.

So you won't buy it because the supertesters got their own unique version of it ? I will be buying it for sure. One of my favorite ships. Visited her in Mobile a few times.

I support the release of the USS Alabama BB-60 in the Premium Shop

Join Naval Force's Elite, Apply ingame by searching for NFE. Casual Clan with no real requirements other than enjoyment.

Player primarily of US Navy vessels. Collector of certain cool premium ships.

LadyJess #322 Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postjeffreywalker74656, on 07 March 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

So you won't buy it because the supertesters got their own unique version of it ? I will be buying it for sure. One of my favorite ships. Visited her in Mobile a few times.

The Alabama was initially going to be given to the supertesters only then all the complaints poured in. I feel this ship just belongs for the supertesters only, so am not getting one to show support to these great individuals.

SgtSullyC3 #323 Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

• Members

View PostLadyJess, on 07 March 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I shall take a pass on buying this ship and leave her for the testers to have.

Why? Once it's out, it's out. The version we get will be different; ours is USS Alabama, the Supertester one is USS Alabama ST, with a really ugly orange wave camo. If the supertesters were to get a exclusive ship that is never going to be sold, reskinned or otherwise, they should get the Kitakami :)  The reason all those complaints came in was because the US doesn't have a premium T8 ship and many players had been looking forward to a South Dakota-class. Plus, I think they will be selling the Okhotnik next, since WG gave testers the green light to show it. 

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 09 March 2017 - 02:33 PM.

T1-3: Orlan, Smith, Derski, Katori, St. Louis, South Carolina

T4-6: Clemson, Danae, Kaiser, Minekaze, Furutaka, Konigsberg, Kongo, Cleveland, Ryujo

T7-9: Mahan, Atlanta, Pensacola, Saipan, Ranger, North Carolina, Lexington, Iowa

GoalsIJN: Shiratsuyu, Hiryu / Shokaku - USN: Benson, New Orleans, Missouri, Essex - KMS: Gneisenau - HMS: Leander

jeffreywalker74656 #324 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostLadyJess, on 07 March 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

The Alabama was initially going to be given to the supertesters only then all the complaints poured in. I feel this ship just belongs for the supertesters only, so am not getting one to show support to these great individuals.

They have their unique version its not the same as the one we will be able to buy. I think you will be in the minority here. 

Join Naval Force's Elite, Apply ingame by searching for NFE. Casual Clan with no real requirements other than enjoyment.

LadyJess #325 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Ensign

• Members

Congrats all you supertesters, thank you so much for your effort in this game. :honoring:

lwthefish #326 Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Don't get me wrong the testers are greatly apprec. And I think the ST is a nice gift for them. BUT On every live broadcast at was at and every other chance I got  and others to WE asked for that EXACT ship. To the point we sounded like little kids saying are we there YET. So yes we got a little upset at WG. Some of you say she didn't do that much in the war check again. For what she did it was a lot. And what's she has done after the war has been a lot. This ship has a personnel history that spans decades for 1,000's. Its not just a game ship for some of us it's so much more. And I like the orange Kraken too.

jeffreywalker74656 #327 Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postlwthefish, on 09 March 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong the testers are greatly apprec. And I think the ST is a nice gift for them. BUT On every live broadcast at was at and every other chance I got  and others to WE asked for that EXACT ship. To the point we sounded like little kids saying are we there YET. So yes we got a little upset at WG. Some of you say she didn't do that much in the war check again. For what she did it was a lot. And what's she has done after the war has been a lot. This ship has a personnel history that spans decades for 1,000's. Its not just a game ship for some of us it's so much more. And I like the orange Kraken too.

Alabama for me is a deeply personal connection. My late grandfather was a native of Alabama and visited the ship many times proud that she bore the name of his home state. The conversations about ships and history with him deepened my interest in them. I have personally been aboard her several times and now a decade after my grandfathers passing visiting her helps me remember him by visiting and being around something that he loved. I was one of the vocal people when it was believed she was supertester only for exactly that reason. I live 6-7 hours away from Mobile but its always worth the trip. Alabama means a lot to me and I can't wait to sail her ingame. 

Lance53 #328 Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postjeffreywalker74656, on 09 March 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Alabama for me is a deeply personal connection. My late grandfather was a native of Alabama and visited the ship many times proud that she bore the name of his home state. The conversations about ships and history with him deepened my interest in them. I have personally been aboard her several times and now a decade after my grandfathers passing visiting her helps me remember him by visiting and being around something that he loved. I was one of the vocal people when it was believed she was supertester only for exactly that reason. I live 6-7 hours away from Mobile but its always worth the trip. Alabama means a lot to me and I can't wait to sail her ingame. 

Well, but for 99% of WOW players, no such personal connection exists.    So should such a tiny minority dictate what Wargamming decides to do??   The whole controversy over this matter has struck me as being most strange and unusual.

Edited by Lance53, 24 March 2017 - 07:22 AM.

Also tagged with USS Alabama

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users