Love the game but loosing all the time.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Darksaint1071 #21 Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Seaman

• Members

I agree with everything that has been said above, but I'd like to add a couple of things:

Find a ship nation/class/tier that you are most comfortable with and play it... alot. Learn all you can about it's in-game handling, it's pros & cons and gunnery from Youtube & the WoWS WIKI. Then take it into Co-op battles to practice what you've learned for a while before you go into random battles (your teammates will thank you for this...). Don;t try to race up through the tech-trees to get to Tier X... I've found that the learning curve seems to increase as you progress.

Learn all you can about in-game tactics, watch your mini-map to see how the battle starts to develop, and check it frequently. I've found that if I get deleted early on, it's because I'm by myself (usually because I've missed my support turning away) or I'm out of position giving a free broadside to who ever wants it.

Play around with some of the lower tiered ships and use them to shore up your finances, it may take a while but they can still be alot of fun.

Last, try to find a couple of people you can division up with on a regular basis... knowing who has my back and what they will do (most of the time) has made a difference for me.

USN Vet. : USS Badger FF-1071

Member: Grey Wolf Gamers http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/home

Semper Fortis

LuckyOtter #22 Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostASHAMAN100, on 05 May 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

All of the above are excellent advise and has helped me in one or more ways.

However can anyone give me an indication what is an acceptable ping - i'm constantly having a ping ranging from 230 ms to 700 ms or worse causing havoc with my game.

That ping is horrible, I usually see 45-75 tops...

Go to a speed clock website like Ookla... http://www.speedtest.net/    Check your speed.  I have played on a connection as low as 20 mbps, while traveling..

At home I clock in at around 69mbps.

You should also be seeing at least 12-15 fps as a bare minimum to play this game without play damaging lag.

View PostASHAMAN100, on 06 May 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

My son has no problem using the same internet connection to play "over watch", therefore i don't think its my internet connection.

Do I have to use the WOWS NA server? Are there others available and if so how do I connect to them?

Overwatch is produced a different game company, and probably built on a different software platform. Sometimes the developers spend time and effort on "Speed optimization" sometimes they don't.

Overwatch probably was streamlined to be ready for console release..Which just happened.

No, you don't have to play on the NA server, but if you are here in the US, you might not get any better server connection.  I play on the EU server sometimes. Same speed as here on the East Coast US.  Also, I connect to the Test Server, which is in St. Petersburg, Russia, at pretty much the same speed as anywhere else.

To access the other servers, you will first have to register an account on the server you want to play on.

Then you will have to mod your client.  Aslain's Mod Pack has one, it's toward the bottom in the miscellaneous section.

Gray Wolf Recruitment Officer                                 

USN: T4 Langley; T6 Farragut and Cleveland; T7 Ranger; T8 Lexington, North Carolina, New Orleans; T9 Fletcher and Iowa --- IJN: T4 Isokaze; T5 Zuiho; T6 Fuso, Fubuki and Ryuho; T7 Myoko and Shiratsuya; T8 Shokaku  T9 Yugumo and Ibuki; --- RU: T6 Budyonny; T7 Minsk; T8 Chapeyev and Kiev; T9 Udaloi; T10 Moskva --- KM:  T5 Konigsberg, T7 Leberecht Maass, T8 Adm. Hipper and Bismark T9 Roon; T10 Gorber Kurfurst; --- UK: T6 Leander, T8 Edinburgh; --- FR: T3 Friant T4 Duguay-Trouin T5 Emile Bertin >> PREMIUMS: T3 Campbeltown; T4 Imperitor Nickolai I and Ishizuchi; T5 Texas, Kamikaze R, Gremyashchy, Murmansk; T6 Warspite and Molotov; T7 Atlanta, Belfast,  Saipan, Scharnhorst, Blyskawica, Sims; T8 Mikhail Kutuzov, Lo Yang, Atago, and Tirpitz!

db4100 #23 Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I have a satellite internet connection with a ping rate around 375-450.  The game plays fine, but not perfect.  My rounds are hitting where I aim them to go.  I could probably do better with a better internet connection (not an option for me), but lag is not bad enough for me to not enjoy the game.  I still do good with occasional greatness (and the more often occasional flops).

Bigsandwich #24 Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am always with stronger ships. so if I sink one ship in 3 games ? wow to much fun. I can not have good stats. It must be I have high ranking commander. I don't spend any more money on the game.

Bigsandwich #25 Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am always with stronger ships. so if I sink one ship in 3 games ? wow to much fun. I can not have good stats. It must be I have high ranking commander. I don't spend any more money on the game.

ASHAMAN100 #26 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Seaman

• Members

New direction in this discussion: Is it just my imagination or is the standard game plan "everyone for themselves and do your own thing?" 

If one asks for a plan or suggests a plan at the beginning of the game, your'e either ignored or a floodgate of jokes and/or off center comments erupts.

The point is - why then bother trying to work together if this is the default response - seems the best strategy is to try and survive and steal whatever kills you can get - seems to give the best results.

Please differ from me so I can renew my faith in this game - however do base your answers on real life game play and not theory - apparently theory is not practical in WOWS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users