Round 6: The Wiki Editor Team needs YOU!

wiki tester editor contest historical

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

Greetings Captains!

We are looking to fill TWO SPACES on our Wiki Team! Do you have what it takes? Well, here is your chance to prove it. We would like for you to write a 500 word essay on Admiral Graf Spee. Tell us a bit about the creation, history, and overall make up of this ship. 

This contest will run from 1530 Pacific Thursday 12/01 through 0900 Pacific Monday 12/05. 

We will be judging on facts, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. So make sure it is buttoned up and ready to go by the deadline. Also, we will be checking for copy and pasting! Don't be that guy PLEASE! The community will catch you and so will we. You will be disqualified from any future writing contests. Thanks. 

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

pewpewpew42 #2 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Would we simply paste the essay into this thread?
light.png

Lord_Zath #3 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

Good luck to all who enter!

Goose21891 #4 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Swear you always make these when I'm busy working on Grad School papers, not that I know how to edit a wiki anyway.

Lord_Zath #5 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:10 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

For those of you who want an idea of what it takes, here's some of the older contest threads and their entries:

http://forum.worldof...wiki-needs-you/

http://forum.worldof...riting-contest/

http://forum.worldof...wiki-needs-you/

Destroyer_AkizukiKai #6 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Oooooo, gusta. Will be writing about this!

KNTAI/JKSDF Recruitment Officer, KNTAI-JF Co-Captain and Bismarck/Akizuki Aficionado

"One drop of water is harmless, many drops will create a storm."

Ships: Yamato, Shimakaze, Kagerou, Akizuki, Atago, Ishizuchi, Katori, Shokaku, ARP Takao/Myoukou/Nachi/Ashigara/Haguro/Kongou/Hiei/Haruna/Kirishima, Großer Kurfürst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Hindenburg, Ernst Gaede, Graf Spee, Prinz Eugen, Mikhail Kutuzov, Gremyashcy, Molotov, Imperator Nikolai I, Chapayev, Murmansk, Ognevoi, Atlanta, Saipan, Missouri, Arkansas Beta, Indianapolis, Sims, Texas, Arizona, Marblehead, Leander, Fiji, Warspite, Dunkerque, Anshan, Lo Yang, Błyskawica.

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/taosenpaina  WTR: My Warships Today Rating

Macabe #7 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

Hmm, this actually interests me. Maybe i need another title. :hiding:

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Goose21891 #8 Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:55 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostMacabe, on 01 December 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

Hmm, this actually interests me. Maybe i need another title. :hiding:

Could always lobby for an official "Forum Cat" group

ValkyrWarframe #9 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

Commander

• Members

MUST, HAVE, PERFECT, GRAMMAR!

*In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Gift from an Anonymous User), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Ranger, Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

slak__ #10 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

So...

Do you win a Graf Speeeeeeee if you are selected for the Wiki Team?

DarthDoge #11 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• Members

I await the time to roast that one guy that copy and pastes wikipedia with the hyperlinks still attached..

I await patiently..

ValkyrWarframe #12 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:36 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostDarthDoge, on 01 December 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

I await the time to roast that one guy that copy and pastes wikipedia with the hyperlinks still attached..

I await patiently..

Are you Plagiarism Police?

Actually plagiarism can land you serious criminal charges, I wonder if things will go that far...

*In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Gift from an Anonymous User), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Ranger, Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

ZuikakuKaiNi #13 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• WoWS Wiki Editor

Best of luck to those who enter! :)

slak__ #14 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostDarthDoge, on 01 December 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

I await patiently..

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels. Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the “loser,” and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round. I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world. Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment. When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3×5 card reading, “Please use this M&M for breeding purposes.” This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this “grant money.” I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion. There can be only one. 

barbaroja_Ar #15 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:52 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Just swear new IJN line (5.15) is a fantastic improvement on playability and fun and you are in!!!

Quite simple

T_R_A_C_E_R #16 Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:06 AM

Rear Admiral

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Here's my baddie attempt at writing. It's slightly above 500 words but I promise you it won't be some 50-page university paper.

Spoiler

Edited by T_R_A_C_E_R, 02 December 2016 - 09:24 PM.

Destroyer_Fuyuzuki #17 Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:02 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Supertester

View PostT_R_A_C_E_R, on 02 December 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Here's my baddie attempt at writing. It's slightly above 500 words but I promise you it won't be some 50-page university paper.

Spoiler

It's 175 words above 500.

~Clear skies under the Winter Moon~

Mascot, Supertester, Wiki Editor, Tech-Tree Contributor, Budding Naval Historian, Recruitment Officer & Resident Deddoya of KNTAI/JKSDF! 

X - French Battleships X - British Battleships X - French Destroyers X - British Battlecruisers X - German Carriers X - British Cruisers X - American Large Cruisers X - Italian Cruisers  X - All of my tech tree posts!

Ships: Yamato, Hakuryuu, Hindenburg, Großer Kurfürst, Iowa, Missouri, Essex, Kagerou, North Carolina, Prinz Eugen, Amagi, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Gniesenau, Hiryuu, Myoukou, Blyskawica, Graf Spee, Fusou, Warspite, Dunkerque, Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Kongou, Gremyaschy

khaenn35 #18 Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:28 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

I'd join, but I have lots of writing to do and im below the age limit.

Official Forum Elite Admiral  o7 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

If you see me in a game, cover your eyes and ears cos I'm gonna suck. In fact, run like hell and hope we lose honorably. And burn your eyes after seeing my stats. 

#DetonateJingles

SireneRacker #19 Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:50 AM

Captain

• Members

499 words
Let's try it

Edited by SireneRacker, 02 December 2016 - 07:51 AM.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

ButterCruiser #20 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I wanna do this but im a minor ;-;

Join the ARP clan~ you wont regret it~ 

i need to stop sniffing paint

Also tagged with wiki, tester, editor, contest, historical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users