• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

yUPPatriots #61 Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostFrancois424, on 14 February 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

*sobs*  but it wasn't visible on your picture *sniff*

:child:

Sorry,  I'll make a bigger arrow next time.

Refriended. Refollowed, ReRemoved. UnDivorced. UnTerminated.

The_Sparrow #62 Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Um is there a way to do this for Macs. I am having trouble and need it for clan things.

"Don't be an idiot, changed my life" -Dwight Schrute

USS Alabama will come all is right in the universe.

"The fighter consumable is just a poor-man's defensive fire, hydro, and radar"-Forumist

Fetchez_la_Vache #63 Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostThe_Sparrow, on 14 February 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Um is there a way to do this for Macs. I am having trouble and need it for clan things.

By changing the "scripts_config" file, found in your "res" sub-folder, in your World of Warships main folder, you can enable Training Room on Mac.  You have to open the "scripts_config" with a text editor or notepad, and at the bottom-ish, you'll see the line concerning Training Room.  You change one word, which looks like  >true<  to this  >false<  .  Save that file within notepad, then launch the game.  Then, in the tab-box that reads Random or Ranked, you'll now have the option to pick, Training Room.  You'll have to redo these steps with each update too, that is, change true to false.

:honoring:

EDIT NOTE:  Added the (s) to "script_config" to make "scripts_config"

Edited by Fetchez_la_Vache, 13 March 2017 - 12:23 AM.

MrDeaf #64 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

why is it that we can't select premium ships for target practice?

What is the Torpedo Reload Booster and does it have a historical basis? http://forum.worldof...could-poses-it/

Sign me up for KTKM

Ziggy_Sprague #65 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostFetchez_la_Vache, on 14 February 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

By changing the "script_config" file, found in your "res" sub-folder, in your World of Warships main folder, you can enable Training Room on Mac. 

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague, 03 March 2017 - 04:31 PM.

Ziggy_Sprague #66 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Seaman

• Members

I don't seem to have a "res" sub-folder. I have a "resources" sub-folder, but there is no script_config file within it. Hmm.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague, 03 March 2017 - 05:18 PM.

Ziggy_Sprague #67 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Seaman

• Members

I managed to find worldofwarships.conf, but it doesn't have the line at the bottom about training rooms. 

Searching across the Mac for "script_config" in Finder returns no results.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague, 03 March 2017 - 05:17 PM.

Ziggy_Sprague #68 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

Seaman

• Members

Okay, I might have just answered my own question. I remembered that I have a copy of WoWs on an HP laptop running Windows 10. I looked at the WoWs directory structure on that machine and sure enough found the "res" folder. Checked its contents and there is a scripts_config file (notice how it's plural -- scripts instead of script). Went back to the Mac, looked for scripts_config in Finder and located "scripts_config.xml" which I can open and edit with TextEdit. There's the line:

<disableTrainingRoom>true</disableTrainingRoom>

Huzzah. Now to hopefully install the .exe file in the correct directory! Sorry for the multiple posts but talking about it out loud is the only way I can find or fix things sometimes. To recap:

script_config = NO

scripts_config = YES

Also, regarding the WoWs directory structure on the Mac. I was searching in Applications. The WoWs package contents folders & files there left me at a dead end. The aforementioned "res" folder and everything else that goes with it and around it, is located in a WoWs folder in Documents for some reason. At least it is on my Mac anyway.

That's news to me. Ziggy out.

Update: I dropped the .exe file in the WoWs directory (in Docs), changed that config line from true to false, and now I've got Training Room enabled on a Mac. Bingo!

Attached Files

• Attached File   Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 11.19.29 AM.png   322.4K

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague, 03 March 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Fetchez_la_Vache #69 Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostZiggy_Sprague, on 03 March 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Update: I dropped the .exe file in the WoWs directory (in Docs), changed that config line from true to false, and now I've got Training Room enabled on a Mac. Bingo!

Welp, I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.  :)  I'll change my post to add the (s).  Sorry for any hair loss!  Oh, and in case you missed it, you're going to have to change "true" to "false" each time the game is patched, like with the upcoming to 0.6.2.  :honoring:

Trademark_15 #70 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Is there an updated version for the latest patch in March 2017?

Trademark_15 #71 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Nevermind, it still works =)

Goldain #72 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Troubleshooting Training Rooms

Windows 10, WoWs 0.6.2, Training room version (whatever is included from the link)

I close WoWs, I download training room (which goes to download directory), I right click then cut & paste into my D:\Games|WorldofWarships\ directory.

I start WoWs, click near the top where it defaults to Co-op... I see 4 options, coop, random, ranked, What is the other one Teams or Clan?  No training room.

Any suggestions?

My only thought is I moved WoWs from C -> D, but the games work fine...  /shrug

Help please... Our clan TWFT would like me to get in that training room so we can beat the carp out of each other and not lose points. /grin

Fetchez_la_Vache #73 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Goldain, don't know anything about downloads but if you're that keen, check both mine, Ziggy's, and others posts on manually enabling Training Room through the simple changing of one word.  I'm a total noob with scripting and had butterflies about changing Text lines of Code but it works extremely well and is amazingly easily to do.

:honoring:

SalvoSanta #74 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Hey folks - on a mac, on El Capitan, and I've searched for scripts_config and nothing shows up. How can this be? What can I do to change it?

SalvoSanta #75 Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostZiggy_Sprague, on 04 March 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

The aforementioned "res" folder and everything else that goes with it and around it, is located in a WoWs folder in Documents for some reason. At least it is on my Mac anyway.

Found it here as well. You're a gem Ziggy, thanks.

I haev an issue with training room though.

I want to play my perth against a Fuso and see where the IFHE best gets damage.

I select my Perth, go into the room. I select the Fuso under the bots section. I deselect active, and I deselect armed.

I push the double up arrows, and it auto populates the team with a bunch of ships. I think ok cool, I can practice on them too.

Then I get into the game and it's basically a co-op with them shooting back at me - I thought I made them inactive and unarmed?

Is there a way to remedy this?

Edited by SalvoSanta, 13 March 2017 - 10:07 AM.

Fetchez_la_Vache #76 Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSalvoSanta, on 13 March 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

I want to play my perth against a Fuso and see where the IFHE best gets damage.

I select my Perth, go into the room. I select the Fuso under the bots section. I deselect active, and I deselect armed.

I push the double up arrows, and it auto populates the team with a bunch of ships. I think ok cool, I can practice on them too.

Hi Salvo,

It's my understanding that you did everything correct until the last step of pushing the double up arrows.  From my experience, you have to click and drag the Fuso icon that is selected for unarmed/non-moving into the enemy fleet window.  It looks rather clunky as you drag that entire row/png/whatever it is into that window but that's how it works for me.  I think the double up arrows are simply to auto-populate the enemy fleet but don't hold me to it.  :honoring:  I also have an issue where I have a game set for 1 v 12, try to pop with 12 but only can do 1.  I then have to go back one step, to the map setup screen, and reselect 1 v 12...  After that, I can play my 2ndary Bis v 12 Chikuma's  :playing:

SalvoSanta #77 Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Ah I'll try that. Thank you. 

I only have the option of equal teams though. :(

Fetchez_la_Vache #78 Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSalvoSanta, on 17 March 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

I only have the option of equal teams though. :(

When you setup the match, you'll pick the map, mode, time, and team strengths i.e. 1v1 to 12v12.  Then you go into the population screen where you'll see you on one side, by yourself, and on the other side blank spaces.  There'll be a bar/tab from which you'll select the enemy ships, one at a time - designating both "active" and/or "armed - and drag that ship up to the enemy blank space.  Do that until you've filled the roster spaces you chose at the start i.e. 1 to 12 enemies.  Then, if you wanna go solo v 12, you'll hit battle/start, can't recall which, at which time you'll receive a warning that the teams aren't balanced.  Hit "OK" and off you go to battle 12 Chikuma's in your secondary spec Biz :izmena:

SalvoSanta #79 Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

You're a genius. Fixed my problem with education, thank you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users