0.5.15 - Campaigns Feedback

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

ClockworkSpectre #41 Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

nvm

Edited by ClockworkSpectre, 03 December 2016 - 08:18 AM.

Crucias #42 Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

My only comments are as follows:

• Detect 2 DDs using a BB seems to be bugged, as previously commented on
  • The Tier 8-10 campaign would be better if it were tier 6 or 7 as the starting tier.
    • Tier 8-10 gameplay is not as fun as 6 and 7, resulting in the campaign feeling like an onerous chore.

Silvercoins #43 Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Honorable Service Campaign.
Throughout the entire campaign one is required to use ships Vlll through X which is reasonable until your required to use only Tier 10 ships in task 3 , 4 , 6  and 7 in the final mission # 5.
WG claims to promote fairness in all aspect of the game,however, it’s not a true statement as proven by the developers and how they show favoritism by making it impossible for those at a lower tier to achieve their goal, which in this case winning a ship along with it’s rewards.

Silvercoins #44 Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postfbrrhd, on 30 November 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

I agree, needing a tier 10 to complete the mission is a bad idea!

It is not only a bad idea but and unfair one because it blocks those of us who haven't reached that level from finishing the campaign and winning a ship and it rewards.

Heavybarrel120mm #45 Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:46 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostRevTKS, on 01 December 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

Science Campaign; Mission 5; Task 6; Get two Honorable Individual medals. 

I collected First Blood and Devastating Strike; it did not unlock. 

(I may be misunderstanding the requirements; if so I apologize :)

I too am having this problem despite earning multiple Honorable medals.

View PostLanding_Skipper, on 01 December 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Heroic medals:  Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, Solo Warrior, Arsonist, Clear Sky (still don't have), Liquidator, Naval Warfare Flooding, Dreadnaught, Fireproof, Unsinkable, Witherer and Die Hard. 

I may have missed a couple, but First Blood and Devastating Strike aren't "Heroic Medals". I don't think Close Quarters Expert is either. Flesh Wound definitely isn't or I would have earned Bane of the Oceans much sooner.

If you read the task it says Honorable or Heroic medals, not just Heroic. So he should have completed the task because he earned at least two Honorable medals.

View PostRevTKS, on 01 December 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

It says Honorable Individual; the two I mentioned are both listed as Honorable Individual. I understand they're not Heroic. So that may be the issue. 

See above comment since it's the same response I would tell you too.

So either Mission 5 Task 6 is bugged or it needs to be reworded to say only Heroic medals and not Honorable and Heroic medals.

Kizarvexis #46 Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I like the Science of Victory campaign as I'm playing T6 PVP regularly for the first time to get the ARP ships. It's giving me something to focus on while I grind out the ARP XP. The rewards are very nice as well and I feel like I'm getting something from the game, besides the occasional 'YES, nailed that ship.' ;)  I usually play T5 and below as I get clubbed alot. :) Luckily, I got the shipmas bundle, so I have premiums to use on this. 

Is there going to be a time limit? Evidently, I like collecting ships more than I thought. My highest Tech Tree ship is a Cleveland (only T6 besides premiums) and I'm usually just a target in it. :) The long grinds for the higher tier ships seems like it will be kinda boring. It's hard to see progress, so I stay at lower tiers and am branching out into other nations when I'm not focused on collecting the ARP ships (6 down, 3 to go). So I'm not sure if I will get to the Honorable service campaign if there is a time limit. I only have 5 T8 premium ships and I have never played any of them yet. While I see that 4 of the mission 5 tasks require a T10, you can complete and repeat 3 tasks (thank you so much for being able to repeat tasks BTW) with T8 ships.

I would love for the campaigns to be a permanent feature and have them rotate every few months to give us seals time to complete one. :)

BTW, I got my first super container today and thank you very much for the 500 doubloons. I'll need them to convert some free XP, as I seem to be collecting it faster than I usually do. :)

Rapsidy #47 Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:44 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostHeavybarrel120mm, on 05 December 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

I too am having this problem despite earning multiple Honorable medals.

If you read the task it says Honorable or Heroic medals, not just Heroic. So he should have completed the task because he earned at least two Honorable medals.

See above comment since it's the same response I would tell you too.

So either Mission 5 Task 6 is bugged or it needs to be reworded to say only Heroic medals and not Honorable and Heroic medals.

I can say for sure this is bugged. 

Just played a IV Kaiser and received High Caliber.  No progression bar.  Does not require two in one game.  Going to abandon it and wait for patch.  Don't play Mission  5 Task 6.   

Edited by Rapsidy, 05 December 2016 - 05:44 AM.

Bill_Halsey #48 Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I'm realizing right now that some missions may call for different ships for effective use:

1. Hit ship(s) 200 times - definitely need a ship with high ROF

2. Shot down one plane - Use a Saipan .

Azarath_Deathwing #49 Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCBSDracster, on 02 December 2016 - 04:41 AM, said:

I have the same issue.

The task reads:

Earn two individual honorable or heroic achievements. Complete the task in Random battles with Tier 4-10 ships.

I used a Kaiser, Tier 4.

I earned a First Blood and 2 Devastating Strikes.

Same here, but as Bayern. 

ElmarB #50 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

Seaman

• Members

Science of Cictory Mission 5, task 6 does seem to broken. One mission in a Kamikaze R, I scored a Kraken, Confederate, High Calibre and x4 Devastating Strike. Which ought to be quite enough, one would think.

But alas, no progress.

Edited by ElmarB, 05 December 2016 - 10:23 PM.

WidochMeirker #51 Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

The campaigns are nice, though I wish they were a bit easier to get to.  I'm not a fan of click, click, clicking to find information.  The missions you have active should be easily viewed in battle and there should be some sort of notification when you complete one in battle.

Gewehrschwanz #52 Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Enjoying the first campaign...but WG, you've made it impossible to do the Honorable service one for me...not a BB driver, so cannot complete the first mission series....two missions BB only...all others do not add up to complete the mission....mind you, I don't drive japo ships anyway, but seems kind of restricted to have a campaign that bars players from participating if they don't have tier 8-10 ships in ALL classes...enjoy rewarding all the rest

Rogue_Woodchuck #53 Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

For a while, I've been trying to think what these campaigns remind me of - with all the clickety-click-clicking.  I've figured out why they annoy me so much and what they remind me of.

Mafia Wars and Farmville on Facebook a few years back. Click-click-click for ever diminishing returns vs time spent. Remember?

Which is why I'm done with the campaigns.

Clickety-click-click.

No thanks. It's not worth it.

There are two things you need to know in Life. Number 1 is never tell everything you know.

Landing_Skipper #54 Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:09 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostElmarB, on 05 December 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Science of Cictory Mission 5, task 6 does seem to broken. One mission in a Kamikaze R, I scored a Kraken, Confederate, High Calibre and x4 Devastating Strike. Which ought to be quite enough, one would think.

But alas, no progress.

It is broken. I opened a support ticket with screen shots and replay. No joy. Came back to this thread hoping to find out how to get credit for completing this task. 
"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

killerwhalejames #55 Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

rewards r crap, and the ship tiers you have to complete them is also crap.

basically everything is crap. You get a tier 6 for completing the missions/tasks with a tie 10

Nagato 

sinking cruisers since 1919

Spoiler

BossmanSlim #56 Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View Postkillerwhalejames, on 14 December 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

rewards r crap, and the ship tiers you have to complete them is also crap.

basically everything is crap. You get a tier 6 for completing the missions/tasks with a tie 10

Never mind that it is more free stuff you get for just playing the game than if you were playing 3 months ago.

"wont pay crapanymore to wg.lot of orange is bad for business.stop giving win to the one you favor.potato need win to.otherwise no more potato in game" - fellow forum poster

Chrika #57 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I enjoy the campaign a lot, its a nice bonus and side goal to have going on. Hopefully we will see something similar to Wot mission wise to unlock sick boats. 

bananax #58 Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Love the campaigns, however the slow UI makes it annoying to navigate in and out , end up cancelling tasks by accident, and by no means is my computer slow.

KongoPride #59 Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

Seaman

• Members

• I thought it was ingenious (if planned) to enable players to get a Tier VIII Cruiser (Takao) and then be able to use that Cruiser to help complete these missions.      
  • The missions offer free stuff, but I have observed increased whining from some players in game chat because they aren't able to just waltz through the missions
  • The missions have depth and serious requirements, which I enjoy, as long as we have a month or two to complete each I don't see it being a problem
  • Excited to try and earn a FREE ship...
  • I think WG did a good job in ensuring that you must play a balance of vessels to unlock achievements
  • The pins make sense, you don't have to do every task, just enough of them...and you can still go back and complete other tasks after the fact, which is nice
  • Mission combined with the Liberty Ship XP bonuses = Brilliant

GunnerSlade #60 Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:59 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I cannot seem to find an end date for the Science of Victory Campaign. Is there an end date?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users