0.5.15 - Campaigns Feedback

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

BlailBlerg #21 Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I love the rewards.  I was hoping for more dynamic gameplay tasks though.  Can you put a mainobjective and side objective reminder in the top corner of the game interface?  It would remind players to do that.  

Also, there's too much clicking with campaigns:  can you make it so that collecting rewards is automatic, and one click to remove tasks

Capt_Q_Sparrow #22 Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

What campaigns they are none available At the moment

CoolBreeze66 #23 Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I figured it out, you can run both campaigns at the same time.

DeathSniper #24 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Really like the campaigns and rewards.

Would like to ask if it's possible to have some sort of mouse tooltip when hovering over the 3/3 on the left side when in port so you can see which missions you're on.  I tend to forget what I'm going for when multi-tasking and it'd be nice not to have to load into the full campaign window every time to refresh.

Also, for future campaigns, perhaps make nationality campaigns too for using a specific nations ships?  :)  Could even tie it in with a bigger event (ie US vs. IJN to see which ones complete the most missions or something)

husband #25 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

• Alpha Tester

It is not clear what collecting the 5 pins does.

do they unlock the top task?yes

but you cannot do the top task till you complete all the lower tasks... so why do you need the pins?

collecting the pins just to see the task seems like a wasteful design -I must be missing something 

Landing_Skipper #26 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostRevTKS, on 01 December 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

Science Campaign; Mission 5; Task 6; Get two Honorable Individual medals. 

I collected First Blood and Devastating Strike; it did not unlock. 

(I may be misunderstanding the requirements; if so I apologize :)

Heroic medals:  Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, Solo Warrior, Arsonist, Clear Sky (still don't have), Liquidator, Naval Warfare Flooding, Dreadnaught, Fireproof, Unsinkable, Witherer and Die Hard. 

I may have missed a couple, but First Blood and Devastating Strike aren't "Heroic Medals". I don't think Close Quarters Expert is either. Flesh Wound definitely isn't or I would have earned Bane of the Oceans much sooner.

Edited by Landing_Skipper, 01 December 2016 - 02:52 PM.

"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

WildFred #27 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

In general I like this new feature a lot! so thumbs up to WG for this!  

I do think some of the requirements are a little rough, but since you don't always have to do all of them to fulfill the requirements it's not so bad.

BiggieD61 #28 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I think it was a smart idea to "package" these rather nice and fun Campaign missions along with the absolute wrecking ball that was taken to the IJN DD line.  It's a good salve to help heal the bitterness that a lot of players feel about the IJN re-work. 

CBSDracster #29 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

• Members

I like it. If it's free it's for me. I just have to remember to go back to port after the battle and collect the reward and slot the new task.

I think it would be neat if there were a bonus, befitting the difficulty, if you manage to do all your current tasks in 1 battle.

Gaijendes #30 Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I have a question regarding campaigns.  I am currently on Task 3 requiring me to torp a ship 6 times in a random battle.  Question is; does it have to be the same ship or can it be multiple ships.  I've just complete 2 random battles and had 7 torp hits in each one but still says task in progress.  A bug possibly.  Any and all response is much appreciated.   Thanks and Happy Hunting!

Slee_ #31 Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I like the idea, it's something different, and was siked up about it... Until I realized that it's impossible to collect 10 pins in step 1 of "Honorable Service" without a t8 BB. As someone who disliked playing 30-sec-per-shot BB's from the beginning, and never played any of them that deep into the line. It kind of took all the wind out my sails to see it not possible to progress in it with all the DD's and CA's I do play. Please consider either dropping the requirement from 10 to 9 pins to unlock the final task, make one of the tasks that are possible worth 1 more pin, or make one of the tasks that are "BB only" possible by CA/DD.

RevTKS #32 Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

• Members

Campaigns are well done!

Love the ability to pick and choose Tasks.

Love the ability to repeat Tasks for points.

Love that I am not forced to play certain types of ships.

Love that I CAN play different types of ships.

Love that I can have three different Tasks active; and that I can play a ship even if the task doesn't apply. (ie that the task will apply to the correct ships and I don't have to 'turn it off' to play a non applicable ship)

The Containers and the Campaigns are outstanding. Thank you!

RevTKS #33 Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

• Members

View PostLanding_Skipper, on 01 December 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Heroic medals:  Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, Solo Warrior, Arsonist, Clear Sky (still don't have), Liquidator, Naval Warfare Flooding, Dreadnaught, Fireproof, Unsinkable, Witherer and Die Hard. 

I may have missed a couple, but First Blood and Devastating Strike aren't "Heroic Medals". I don't think Close Quarters Expert is either. Flesh Wound definitely isn't or I would have earned Bane of the Oceans much sooner.

It says Honorable Individual; the two I mentioned are both listed as Honorable Individual. I understand they're not Heroic. So that may be the issue. 

RevTKS #34 Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

• Members

View PostSlee_, on 01 December 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

I like the idea, it's something different, and was siked up about it... Until I realized that it's impossible to collect 10 pins in step 1 of "Honorable Service" without a t8 BB. As someone who disliked playing 30-sec-per-shot BB's from the beginning, and never played any of them that deep into the line. It kind of took all the wind out my sails to see it not possible to progress in it with all the DD's and CA's I do play. Please consider either dropping the requirement from 10 to 9 pins to unlock the final task, make one of the tasks that are possible worth 1 more pin, or make one of the tasks that are "BB only" possible by CA/DD.

You can repeat any mission and receive the PINs again; just not the reward. So you aren't forced to play any ship. 

Boggins #35 Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

I like the missions. I would like to have something like WoT with special captains as a completion reward. Perhaps historical naval icons?

husband #36 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

• Alpha Tester

View PostGaijendes, on 01 December 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

I have a question regarding campaigns.  I am currently on Task 3 requiring me to torp a ship 6 times in a random battle.  Question is; does it have to be the same ship or can it be multiple ships.  I've just complete 2 random battles and had 7 torp hits in each one but still says task in progress.  A bug possibly.  Any and all response is much appreciated.   Thanks and Happy Hunting!

hey can be multiple ships over multiple battles but it has to be from a ship and not from an airplane and it has to be tier 3 or higher

CBSDracster #37 Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:41 AM

• Members

View PostRevTKS, on 01 December 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

Science Campaign; Mission 5; Task 6; Get two Honorable Individual medals.

I collected First Blood and Devastating Strike; it did not unlock.

(I may be misunderstanding the requirements; if so I apologize :)

I have the same issue.

The task reads:

Earn two individual honorable or heroic achievements. Complete the task in Random battles with Tier 4-10 ships.

I used a Kaiser, Tier 4.

I earned a First Blood and 2 Devastating Strikes.

TheRiposte #38 Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

Much approve of campaigns so far!  I might like to have the range of the harder campaign be 7-10 ;)

BossmanSlim #39 Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

Ensign

• Members

Have you had a chance to start the new campaign?  Yes, I have started the Honorable Service campaign

Do you approve? For the most part.

Is there something you would change? 

The only thing I would change is the requirements to complete the steps.  While I understand that for the Honorable Service campaign, things are not supposed to be easy, I think some of the mission requirements are both bugged and unnecessarily complex.  The detect 2 destroyers in a BB task appears to be bugged because I know my BB has detected two DDs because when the DD showed up I was the closest ship and there were no radar equipped ships near me.  I received zero DD detections.

I also think that all the specific ship or specific goals make the task unnecessarily complex and lock out many players or simply frustrate them.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I will complete the other campaign before the one I am intending to complete is finished.  

Lastly, I think the requirements encourage poor game play because people want to complete the missions.  I think at some point I will use the Bismarck to yolo rush some smoke with hydro so I can complete the mission, even though that is may be detrimental to my team.  Same goes for the 200 hits in one battle or 6 torpedo hits or anything that is do X in a single battle.  Load in a ship that can easily do that job and focus on that task until you complete it, who cares if you win or lose.

Tasks that are good:

• X damage to A ship nation type
  • Destroy X modules
  • Win X games
  • Place in X position on the team roster

Tasks that are bad:

• Anything targeted at a specific ship class
  • Cap X points in a typically non-capping class
  • Spot X, mainly because spotting doesn't work in a clear manner
  • Get a specific achievement in the battle

Edited by BossmanSlim, 02 December 2016 - 12:51 PM.

"wont pay crapanymore to wg.lot of orange is bad for business.stop giving win to the one you favor.potato need win to.otherwise no more potato in game" - fellow forum poster

Slee_ #40 Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostRevTKS, on 01 December 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

You can repeat any mission and receive the PINs again; just not the reward. So you aren't forced to play any ship. 

​Did not realize that...Wonderful. Now I wish I had not dropped the tasks mostly done...;(

Edited by Slee_, 02 December 2016 - 06:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users