0.5.15 - Campaigns Feedback

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

Communty Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Have you had a chance to start the new campaign? Do you approve? Is there something you would change? Let us know in the comments below.

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #2 Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I love the campaign so far, having mini objectives is a lot of fun. And who doesn't love rewards. I am a little troubled to see that the the last mission of 'Honarable Service' requires a T10. If the reward was a T10 premium ( I know, no T10 premiums) then ok, thats sounds fair, but in order to complete and unlock the t6 premium you must have a T10. Overall, great job! This will add lots more playability to the game for me.
Stats

Mexicanarmada15 #3 Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I am enjoying the missions. I only wish I could get the rewards for them all. I am going to complete them all though lol.
Spoiler

IKU19 #4 Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

The missions so far are good, I have but two questions

1) Are these missions permanent?

I ask because I want to keep my IJN Ship collection complete, and while I can complete Honorable Service if given infinite time, I don't know if I have infinite time. If I don't I'll have to focus on the campaign and add that as another thing to stress out over.

2) When a mission asks you to spot a ship, does that mean initial spotting? 

I ask because if it's initial spotting the Honorable Service "Spot 2 DDs as a BB" mission will be the hardest mission in the entire campaign.

If it's just spotting in general then it's perfectly doable on German BBs because they get Hydro.

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

50 DKP MINUS

Goose21891 #5 Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Only complaint I have is that you can't look at the campaign missions you're working on in-battle.

Warped_1 #6 Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I liked this!!  I just want to know the duration available to complete a campaign.  Do I need to stress about grinding through or is it just a pleasant afterthought...

desmo_2 #7 Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Yes, is there a deadline?

Also, if I complete a mission, can I still go back and complete the individual tasks, or will that mission be locked once completed?

These are the 2 big questions I have, and can't find an answer anywhere.  I guess I'll be on hold until I know how to proceed?

fbrrhd #8 Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postjford068, on 30 November 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

I love the campaign so far, having mini objectives is a lot of fun. And who doesn't love rewards. I am a little troubled to see that the the last mission of 'Honarable Service' requires a T10. If the reward was a T10 premium ( I know, no T10 premiums) then ok, thats sounds fair, but in order to complete and unlock the t6 premium you must have a T10. Overall, great job! This will add lots more playability to the game for me.

I agree, needing a tier 10 to complete the mission is a bad idea!

CoolBreeze66 #9 Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:39 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Question:  I have started the honorable service campaign with 3 simultaneous tasks going on in step 1.  When I finish these tasks, must I finish all the tasks and steps in this campaign or can I stop here and start the science of victory campaign?

Elo_J_Fudpucker #10 Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I have the same feedback here as on the test server... As primarily a BB player, the torp challenges take me out of my element. Do any of the challenges take regular torp users out of their element? Is it balanced?

​I will try the torps challenges, but frankly, it is a let down to do the challenges you can do, to unlock the final (secret Oooo) challenge, and then to find it is just to go back and do the ones you skipped....

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

OgreMkV #11 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

There is one semi-important concern. 

When you die early in a match, even if you will have completed the tasks for a campaign mission, you can't get new ones until after the match is over. 

Instead of going immediately into a new game, you have to wait until that match finishes so you can load up on fresh campaign tasks. 

This happens with all events like this. But most of them have greater requirements (500,000 damage) so that you can jump straight into another battle (or two). Since the campaign missions are mostly one-off events, you have to wait to refill the campaign bar. 

I wonder if you can track the campaign players to see if they spend more time waiting for matches to complete? 

jkirschy #12 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 30 November 2016 - 08:17 PM, said:

Have you had a chance to start the new campaign? Do you approve? Is there something you would change? Let us know in the comments below.
I don't like campaigns the way I do the container system, but on the whole I like it. I do think the requirements are a bit more restrictive and that kind of puts me off a bit since it seems a lot of the tasks exclude co-op players. I wish the missions, campaign, etc... controls on the left side of the screen could be consolidated a bit more (maybe move them to a drop down menu?). They're starting to take up a lot of real-estate on my screen, especially when chat is open and/or divisions are running.

maxnukem #13 Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

Seaman

• Members

Gonna be forever until i get though the first Science of victory mission :(  I only average around 800 exp per game and that 2k for task 8 won't come easy.  maybe it would help if i had higher tier ships but i've only worked my way up to a couple of  T7s and earned the Takao as my sole T8 so far. 

George_Mcpherson #14 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:11 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Pugilistic #15 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:42 AM

Ensign

• Members

They are fun- upvote.

The Shack was a famous watering hole in Chapel Hill NC across the street from He's Not Here. It was torn down, despite all predictions it would fall down first, about 1990. Preppy Heaven at Blue Heaven.

ARandomClaymore #16 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I'd like to see more of it co-op based. For example, under the Science of Victory, #1 only has (2 co-op) tasks, one of which I've never seen done. Ever. The rest seemingly push you towards Random play.

I get nothing out of PVP play other than headache, rudeness from other players, frustration from being bottom-tiered the majority of the time, and major lop-sided losses. Sure the same 2-tier spread is in co-op, still sucks, but at least the bots stay silent.

I'm mere Cannon Fodder (as they say), a hardcore PVP player's wet dream when I set sail in a Random match.

Edited by ARandomClaymore, 01 December 2016 - 04:51 AM.

Erebthoron #17 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Think I found a bug at the rewards. The 3rd task gives only 500 credits. This should either be 500 free XP or a much higher amount of credits.

RevTKS #18 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:35 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Science Campaign; Mission 5; Task 6; Get two Honorable Individual medals. 

I collected First Blood and Devastating Strike; it did not unlock. 

(I may be misunderstanding the requirements; if so I apologize :)

Taylor3006 #19 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:45 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostARandomClaymore, on 30 November 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

I'd like to see more of it co-op based. For example, under the Science of Victory, #1 only has (2 co-op) tasks, one of which I've never seen done. Ever. The rest seemingly push you towards Random play.

I get nothing out of PVP play other than headache, rudeness from other players, frustration from being bottom-tiered the majority of the time, and major lop-sided losses. Sure the same 2-tier spread is in co-op, still sucks, but at least the bots stay silent.

I'm mere Cannon Fodder (as they say), a hardcore PVP player's wet dream when I set sail in a Random match.

It is a bit disappointing for those of us who play PvE almost exclusively. I think it is obvious they want us to play PvP even though some of us do not like it. The game is theirs and they can do what they wish so not complaining at all. Just nice to know that I can still play the game without spending one more dime on it. I go from a paying customer to a FTP player and am ok with that. Spent too much on the game already. For the record, the campaign looks fun, good luck with it.

Edited by Taylor3006, 01 December 2016 - 05:47 AM.

RedSeaBear #20 Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

So far I've enjoyed completing tasks in the Science of Victory campaign. The rewards are also nice. 

Really glad you all made it so you can repeat Tasks for pins. Because I don't own or even play Carriers or Tech Tree Battleships and at first look I thought I was screwed. 

And No I didn't type out a three paragraph rant on how messed up bottle necking players with tasks that required ships they didn't own. :hiding:

Edited by RedSeaBear, 01 December 2016 - 06:34 AM.

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

TeamFire Lighting the way to Victory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users