0.5.15 General Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

sendit2me30 #21 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

Seaman

• Members

being disconnected in the  middle of a battle - twice! - doesn't do much good either to the benefit of the gameplay

Septette #22 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:52 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

I heard that people who didnt purchase camos got all permanent camos. And I feel idiotic to purchase them now. Why do you guys add new bugs each time with big patch?

jkirschy #23 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 30 November 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

How are you all enjoying the new update? Let us know in the comments below.

Honestly not as much as the previous one. The game's been a bit buggy after the update for me. (Freezes, then eventually disconnects you mid match.) I've been tossed out a in the middle of matches a couple times. By the time I get back in, I'm usually dead. Not real thrilled about that. If it keeps up, I have the feeling not thrilled will turn into me being angry and coming here to say that before you add more new stuff, make sure you get the existing stuff stable regardless of how long it takes (even if it means no new ships until this time next year). Haven't gotten there yet though so...

As for the campaigns... Take it or leave it. I don't like them the way I did the container system. Its not bad, but it feels a bit more restrictive with the requirements. I also wish that the tab for it was worked into the missions tab or a drop-down box (yes I know I'm old-school...) somehow. Its taking up a pretty fair amount of real estate on the screen having missions, campaigns, divisions etc... all there. Especially if you have chat open.

View Postsendit2me30, on 01 December 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

being disconnected in the  middle of a battle - twice! - doesn't do much good either to the benefit of the gameplay

Quoted for truth.

Gashaus #24 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:05 AM

Seaman

• Members

The nerfing of the IJN DD line I feel wasn't that bad. I'll adjust in time with the slower speed of torpedoes. But my goodness I got crushed on the Captains end. My Minekaze has/had an 18pt Cpt and was replaced with a 5pt Cpt. That's a lot of grinding to reach that. My goal was 19 even though it takes 10 million xp. (had 2.8mil.) Couldn't the nerf have been done without doing that to players? Not to mention, 16pt Cpt. on Isokaze. I just feel like this was kinda harsh.

WildFred #25 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Well I just experienced a very serious bug...

About 30 sec into a game all of a sudden the sky went from normal to black, and the screen was totally black when zoomed in.  Pressing "esc" did not bring up the interface screen, so I had to exit out using task manager.  I tried two times to restart the game and get back in, but both times I would get to the game load screen, it would say it was loaded, but I wouldn't go back into battle, just sitting there spinning.  Finally I restarted the whole computer and got back in to see my self getting killed.

I'm also still experiencing the strange bug where the music cuts out randomly in battle, no other audio, just the music.  It comes back sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

Oh, and by the way... you have totally F@#$ed the IJN dd's... not happy!!!

Edited by WildFred, 01 December 2016 - 02:08 AM.

jkirschy #26 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostSeptette, on 01 December 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

Why do you guys add new bugs each time with big patch?

I don't think they're doing it intentionally. Warships is a complex program. When they change stuff it produces unintended consequences and that's the bugs you're referencing. I do wish they would slow down the development cycle a bit so more stuff would get caught before it makes it to release, but even if they did there would be some bugs that slip through.

Herr_Reitz #27 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:27 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 30 November 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

Might want to ask about graphic optimization - that is, have they done any for the patch/update? 

Every patch it seems, when they update maps, my potato laptop gets a serious workout, the fan running all the time. Then a patch later, suddenly, everything's working much more smoothly, hardly any demand at all. 

I've disassembled it, cleaned it, checked it and reassembled it so I know there's nothing physically wrong with it. I'm pretty sure it's the graphic demands at the potato/ turnip level. So off the cuff, just ask about it, curiosity factor and all. If you don't mind. 

Oh - and the armor viewer is still not working at these lower levels. Nothing but shades of darkness. 

sendit2me30 #28 Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

Seaman

• Members

talking about the game being rigged - my tier V BB against 4 tier VII BBs....  team red must have paid a lot of money to win

RolandTGunner #29 Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:46 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Tonight while watching my platoon mates Aoba get hit and go down the whole ship stood up on its nose and corkscrewed down into the water!

Wish I'd got a screenshot...

ARandomClaymore #30 Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:48 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Thanks for the opportunity for acquiring all of the ARP ships. I got into this game late in the party, but will now have a solid chance to pick up ones before my time in WoW's.

I like the Campaign but desire more of the tasks could be co-op based as well. Yeah, I'm that guy...but seeing only 2 tasks under #1 Science of Victory, gives the impression of pushing/ forcing in Random.

I gave it a go. 1st match in a T4 CV, I was lit up by Tier 5 CV fighters. The other CV on my team shadowed me, inflicted damage to me before we both got torp'd by the same DD. 0 damage caused. Wonderful. Match is a steamrolled loss.

2nd match, in a T7 Cruiser. Nope nothing to see here either. 20k damage before being deleted by a T5 Kirov. Same lopsided loss. So, I signed off and hopped on the forms.

I'm better suited for co-op play. The player rudeness and lopsided defeats are simply not worth the headaches. Plus, I'm not that good and I know it.

Again, I'm grateful for the ARP Challenges being able to be achieved in co-op. I look forward to it. Thank you.

Edited by ARandomClaymore, 01 December 2016 - 03:49 AM.

GrumpyOldVet1 #31 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:00 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 30 November 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

Honestly?

On or about 7/27/16  update 0.5.9 was activated. The result for me was a massive loss in win rates plus the T5 and T6 lines where just screwed. Enjoyment in the game dropped dramatically.

On or about 11/8/16  update 0.5.14 I had brought my win rate up just to have it destroyed by this one. 
Today this update just killed off any enjoyment value that game had left. It is not world of warships anymore but a bazaar game of smoking he spamming torpedo walls. I have to agree with a previous player. It is a DD game now.

I have over a hundred ships. I like the verity in play. However without enjoyment it is all useless. I will give it a couple of more weeks to evaluate but have downloaded three other games to evaluate and hopefully find the enjoyment that i do not find here anymore.

Edited by GrumpyOldVet1, 01 December 2016 - 04:09 AM.

CBSDracster #32 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:17 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I still can't click on the minimap to point things out.

I still can't hit F3 to designate a target.

Ships still act goofy when they sink.

WildFred #33 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:58 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

OK, so I just watched an ally ship get killed, and start spinning around in the water.  I'm also noticing the foam or bubles around sinking ships are a strange color of neon blue now.

Polaris_2015 #34 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:23 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

When I press play on the initial screen I get a new screen with a message telling me that the game will not open. Can't play.

MDTJ #35 Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Too early to tell on the DD's, liking the campaigns so far. Gives something longer term in the game to work and build towards on the side while grinding which is great. Also can give excuses to play certain tiers or other old favorites stored in the port.

Three issues for me though:
1. Carousel is out of whack completely. I had just gotten used to the new order and now its turned into something else. I reset and re-did the settings a few times but can't get it to where I had it before (Primaries followed by elite and premiums showing 100% with only the ships I was grinding shadowed on the far right).
2. Not a fan of the Minekaze captain not moving with the ship (Going into reserve for Mutsuki). This will cost many players money, or significant time to re-spec when we shouldn't have to.
3. The stock 6km torp grind on Fubuki and Hatsuharu is a bit harsh. I know its not that many games but taking a serious step down moving from tier 5 to tier 6 is no fun. 7km or 8km would be more reasonable imo.

Can you or someone with WG clarify on the campaigns if they are time sensitive or permanent additions? Thank you for the hard work and new content.

-Keepers: (X) Montana / (X) Zao / (VIII) North Carolina ​/ (VIII) Mogami ​/ (VIII) New Orleans / (VII) Nagato / (VI) New Mexico / (VI) Aoba / (VI) Farragut / (VI) Leander / (V) Konig / (III) St. Louis / (III) Derzki 

-WIP: (IX) Baltimore / (VIII) Kagero / (VIII) Admiral Hipper​ (VIII) Amagi / (VIII) Benson ​/ (VII) Gneisenau / (VII) Fiji / (VI) Hatsuharu / (VI) Gnevny / (VI) Independence / (V) Kirov

​-Gifts/Prizes: (VII) Blyskawica /(VI) Warspite / (VI) Admiral Graf Spee / (VI) Shinonome / (V) Marblehead / (IV) Arkansas Beta / (III) Aurora / (III) Katori / (II) Albany(II) Emden / (II) Mikasa

-Premium: (IX) Missouri / (VII) Sims ​/ ​(VII) Scharnhorst ​/ ​(VI) Molotov / (VI) Arizona / (V) Kamikaze / (III) Konig Albert

SabotBoy #36 Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

The "reply" below was made to the wrong 'topic' (so I reposted it here, although I'm not entirely sure the issue I'm having was not present prior to the patch):

[recently] Purchased premium ships for USN, IJN, and German Navy, so I should be able to "assign" their captains to any other same nation ship without penalty or retraining, but the game isn't allowing that...  is this a bug?  Or did my account get screwed up somehow?  Or perhaps I may be missing something?  I can assign a non-premium ship's captain to a premium ship (of the same nation), but not a premium ship captain to a non-premium ship without penalty/retraining.  Assigning captains of premium ships to other premium ships works just fine.  Is this how it was intended to work??? (the 'Benefits' description of the premium [shop] web-page says: "Transfer commanders between ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining" -- I'm thinking it isn't working as ADVERTISED!)

Aesis #37 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I notified customer support but also want to let you know that WoWS API has major bug with 0.5.15.0 version. Ship profile is only returning default configuration value regardless of changes in parameters.

https://api.worldofw...l_id=3443273520

https://api.worldofw...l_id=3444322096

As you can see hull parameter is different but returned values (atba/anti_aircraft/hull/mobility) are the same

WildFred #38 Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Did they do any testing of this patch at all before releasing it????    I just got killed in my Biz, the ship started to role over as usual, then it stopped and flipped the other way very rapidly.  I thought they were fixing the bug that made ships do strange things... seems like what they did was make it happen more.

....and don't get me started about the IJN dd line nerf (yes, IMO this is a nerf to the whole IJN line).  You ruined one of my favorite ship lines in the game... I'm just glad I have the Fujin so I can still play a real IJN dd from time to time.

surratus #39 Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I think WG could have done a better job explaining the Campaigns.  I think I figured some of it out, but it took a lot of time away from playing the game trying to understand what to do.  Perhaps a video explanation covering the options and possible pitfalls would be helpful.  Something like the video WG did with the captain skills reset. 

Elo_J_Fudpucker #40 Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

.....people... be a little kinder. Writing a program of this complexity is a daunting task... and yes they did test it... and yes I had my Bismark rollover... but regardless of the issue, it is not the end of the world... and if it is of yours, then maybe you need to get out more often. WOWS is an amazing thing, really.. and if you want, it costs nothing to play....

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users