• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

_Killdare_ #261 Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 03 January 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

When: Soon™

Plan: https://worldofwarsh...whatsinthebox/ 

What's Next: Open Beta. It's coming in the next couple of months (weeks?), but if I was to give you an exact date, and it gets delayed, you will only be disappointed. So we are withholding an exact date until we are positive that it's ready for potentially everyone on the server to use the feature in an Open Beta format.

Is it me or was this link suppose to be some info on plans. The link is broken for me "Error 404" but like 11ACR our membership is hungry for any news availible. Can someone confirm this whatsinthebox link actually was a page and not just a tease? If so perhaps why I am getting the error?

Respectfully,

KD

11thACRColdsteel #262 Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View Post_Killdare_, on 05 January 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Is it me or was this link suppose to be some info on plans. The link is broken for me "Error 404" but like 11ACR our membership is hungry for any news availible. Can someone confirm this whatsinthebox link actually was a page and not just a tease? If so perhaps why I am getting the error?

Respectfully,

KD

Yep...same same here...the link was "error 404"...no joy....

Pigeon_of_War #263 Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

Hello All! 

Soon-ish, Clans will be leaving Closed Beta. Once it does, this thread will be have a title change to Open Beta. If you have any final feedback while it is in Closed Beta, please continue to comment here. 

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Seachest #264 Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Alpha Tester

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 11 January 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Hello All! 

Soon-ish, Clans will be leaving Closed Beta. Once it does, this thread will be have a title change to Open Beta. If you have any final feedback while it is in Closed Beta, please continue to comment here. 

When it goes into Open Beta, is the size still going to be capped at 30, or will it be moving up to 100?

Pigeon_of_War #265 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

Current size is still 30

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

warhawk67 #266 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 11 January 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Current size is still 30

This is unfortunate but those of us who already have more than 30 members will just have to adapt and pay out some gold I guess huh?

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

11thACRColdsteel #267 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

The 30 player limit to clans will encourage diplomacy, alliances and cartels....

warhawk67 #268 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 11 January 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

The 30 player limit to clans will encourage diplomacy, alliances and cartels....

And we all know how well those "cartels" worked out in tanks with clan wars in the early stages.  Someone remind me again of how long AOD, and the cartel they were a part of,  held significant portions of the global map?

11thACRColdsteel #269 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:52 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View Postwarhawk67, on 12 January 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

And we all know how well those "cartels" worked out in tanks with clan wars in the early stages.  Someone remind me again of how long AOD, and the cartel they were a part of,  held significant portions of the global map?

So let me just say...I don't think global maps are coming anytime soon.  I wish they WOULD as I think the player count would explode overnight just as it did in WOT when the fielded the clan wars feature.  But this game is on a very slow team play feature development trajectory....

warhawk67 #270 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postwarhawk67, on 11 January 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 11 January 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

So let me just say...I don't think global maps are coming anytime soon.  I wish they WOULD as I think the player count would explode overnight just as it did in WOT when the fielded the clan wars feature.  But this game is on a very slow team play feature development trajectory....

My larger point is still the same.  Don't get me wrong my intent is not to be like those that were complaining about the supertesters getting a ship I couldn't get but the fact is that there are several established clans in warships, though admittedly not "official", that are larger already than the 30 man cap.  By keeping this cap in place wargaming is simply going to force us to spend doubloons, read as $$, to employ "sub-clans" so that those on our current roster will have a "clan tag" of sorts.  While I have never, nor will I ever, begrudge a company over their attempt to make money (I firmly believe in the principles of the free-market system) my wish, and I know the wish of others, was that this cap would have been expanded out of the closed beta test so that it would at least allow a greater number of our members to be able to sport the same "clan tag" as others in our clan.  End of the day it is going to be what it is.  That being we will adapt to the limitations imposed on us by wargaming.

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

OttoVonPrien #271 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 12 January 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

​SORRY, but an exploding player base is what ruined wot for me, A player base that is expanding at a rate that allows new players to integrate smoothly with the rest of the players and at a rate Wargaming's hardware, software and Support staff can keep pace is what is needed. I already see a big influx of new players in the last 2 weeks. when there is a new player on the team I try to give them good advice, some listen, some don't. (and that's the difference between ignorant and a stupid fool)

11thACRColdsteel #272 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View Postwarhawk67, on 12 January 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

My larger point is still the same.  Don't get me wrong my intent is not to be like those that were complaining about the supertesters getting a ship I couldn't get but the fact is that there are several established clans in warships, though admittedly not "official", that are larger already than the 30 man cap.  By keeping this cap in place wargaming is simply going to force us to spend doubloons, read as $$, to employ "sub-clans" so that those on our current roster will have a "clan tag" of sorts.  While I have never, nor will I ever, begrudge a company over their attempt to make money (I firmly believe in the principles of the free-market system) my wish, and I know the wish of others, was that this cap would have been expanded out of the closed beta test so that it would at least allow a greater number of our members to be able to sport the same "clan tag" as others in our clan.  End of the day it is going to be what it is.  That being we will adapt to the limitations imposed on us by wargaming.

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

well said.  Totally agree....

11thACRColdsteel #273 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostOttoVonPrien, on 12 January 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

​SORRY, but an exploding player base is what ruined wot for me, A player base that is expanding at a rate that allows new players to integrate smoothly with the rest of the players and at a rate Wargaming's hardware, software and Support staff can keep pace is what is needed. I already see a big influx of new players in the last 2 weeks. when there is a new player on the team I try to give them good advice, some listen, some don't. (and that's the difference between ignorant and a stupid fool)

More players = more revenue = more cool game features and faster development.  Does WG want to follow the WOWP path (no clans, no team play) or the WOT path (clans, multiple team play modes)?   

Which game offers more to the players?

To me it's not even a close call.  Team play (tournaments, team battles, and/or clan wars) are superb as a social platform...that's why they are so popular in many MMOs...

OttoVonPrien #274 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

as for clan size limits, for small clan size to work, the members all have to be super active and dedicated with lots of spare time. Some people have other responsibilities and demands on their time. With a 30 player limit, Players will be picked more for their availability 24/7 than skill or added value to the clan, like leadership or people skills. People skills are what gives a clan staying power or wrecks a "good" clan. I was a officer in a few wot clans. with a 30 man rule you might have to let go the skilled father of three (who has less time to play but is the good joe that keeps everyone friendly) for a kid with an attitude who has plenty of time to play. For a clan to last you need a reasonable sized player base of people who enjoy each others company.  30 sounds like a lot, till you spread it over 24hrs and with people who have half a life at least.

OttoVonPrien #275 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

11th ACR not against anything you have said, just would like the influx of players a little more controlled than it was in wot.  wot lost a lot of Adults spending cash for a ton of freeloading kids. just because at a few points the game was flooded by them and the programing adjusted to help the 12yr olds.

wow has a more mature player base and I would like to see the things you talk about happen without too much damage to it. I know wow will go after the numbers, even if they at 12yr olds. but who will spend more money with wargaming  10K kids who have to ask mom or dad for money or 2K adults then add in us retired folks with time and money on our hands and too old and smart to go bar hopping etc. LOL BUT this is off  topic ------- would like to see clan size at least 50.

11thACRColdsteel #276 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostOttoVonPrien, on 12 January 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

11th ACR not against anything you have said, just would like the influx of players a little more controlled than it was in wot.  wot lost a lot of Adults spending cash for a ton of freeloading kids. just because at a few points the game was flooded by them and the programing adjusted to help the 12yr olds.

wow has a more mature player base and I would like to see the things you talk about happen without too much damage to it. I know wow will go after the numbers, even if they at 12yr olds. but who will spend more money with wargaming  10K kids who have to ask mom or dad for money or 2K adults then add in us retired folks with time and money on our hands and too old and smart to go bar hopping etc. LOL BUT this is off  topic ------- would like to see clan size at least 50.

Good points all, and it is definitely some of the clan stuff got out of control.  But I was lucky enough to be in a social clan of veterans who were together more for fun and veterans socializing than winning in clan wars(although we did do that from time to time).  Clan membership with other vets made a huge difference in my life, and lives of many other members in our clan.....

Macabe #277 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 11 January 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

I think it's more likely clans like mine will just make 10 clans and keep business as usual. All the other stuff just happens as needed. Established clans would benefit as they have the organized numbers and manpower. Newer ones will likely get locked out of everything because lack of manpower and essentially a cash wall if they are unable to pay for multiple clans. Keeping the cap at 30 in the long run would be a mistake and a blatant cash grab as well as a kick in the face to those of us that have been doing WG's work of creating clans "unofficially" and keeping part of the playerbase in the game for longer amounts of times. Clans dont bring more players into the game. They keep existing players playing the game longer.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

World of Warships Forum Cat. Pet at own risk.

11thACRColdsteel #278 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostMacabe, on 13 January 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

I think it's more likely clans like mine will just make 10 clans and keep business as usual. All the other stuff just happens as needed. Established clans would benefit as they have the organized numbers and manpower. Newer ones will likely get locked out of everything because lack of manpower and essentially a cash wall if they are unable to pay for multiple clans. Keeping the cap at 30 in the long run would be a mistake and a blatant cash grab as well as a kick in the face to those of us that have been doing WG's work of creating clans "unofficially" and keeping part of the playerbase in the game for longer amounts of times. Clans dont bring more players into the game. They keep existing players playing the game longer.

I disagree slightly about the recruiting value of clans....I think clan members are alot more likely to draw friends into the game than nonclan member players....I know this from 5 years experience in my clan in WOT....​

warhawk67 #279 Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostMacabe, on 12 January 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Totally agree with you on this Mac

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

_Killdare_ #280 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostMacabe, on 13 January 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'd say they do both Mac, but I agree with you. Well said.

_Killdare_   [STW]

Edited by _Killdare_, 13 January 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Also tagged with clan, beta, bugs, feedback

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users