Beware OF what Ships You Purchase

Tech Tree Ships best ships

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Check_On_Tech #1 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

Seaman

• Members

Whatever path you take climbing the tech tree it will take many matches to reach high tier ships or you can pay $40.00. You will grind long hours in ships you dislike to get to that certain ship you want or drop cash. After much, much grinding and the use of most of your credits you will get a ship only to find a new patch has rendered it all but useless. The developers are constantly adding and subtracting new things to ships that are utterly devastating to performance to some ships and a boon to others. Just a small change can destroy the usefulness of a ship you worked hard for and enjoy. Example: the new premium ship Belfast can use radar and sonar to keep a destroyer exposed under any circumstance for extended time. Destroyers have one ability, stealth. That ability is gone on many tiers that have ships with the new detection ability. Do your research before you pay cash or credits on a ship that may be void of good gameplay. In the end no ship is safe as there is no way of telling what the developers may do. Stability is not part of this game.

devastator5000 #2 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

That radar argument is invalid all US, British, and Russian cruisers have radar T8+ and the Atlanta, Belfast, and Indianapolis have it at T7 so its not like Radar is a new thing

Something I found on the SEA server website

X15 #3 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:06 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

That's what makes it a replayable game, you can't just shoot for "the" ship and be done. There is a huge variety of play styles and counters, for example DDs countering Belfast with torpedoes into its smoke.

CAPTMUDDXX #4 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

No news here. Those of us here for a very long time are well aware of this.

TTK_Aegis #5 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Learn which ships have radar or hydro, learn the range on them, and start avoiding them if you're trying to be sneaky. Or don't attack them alone. 

alexf24 #6 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

Captain

• Members

And the news is?

As said above, this is not new. Radar has been added to some ships for a while now.

Experienced players know how to deal with it, their range and duration, capabilities and weaknesses.

Experienced players spend the time while waiting on the Order of Battle roster screen analyzing the compositions of the teams.

If I am in an IJN stealth DD (e.g. Fubuki), and looking at the opposing team composition and I see (some examples follow), I am immediately thinking:

North Carolina = target (would be different if I was in a CV - then I would think ship to avoid as much as possible)

Chapayev - 11.5km radar for a short duration. Beware and keep an eye on when he used it last. (note: Atlanta, New Orleans and others mentioned also have radar, and many have hydro (sonar). Learn who and what.

Benson - can hunt me down and delete me - stay out of sight as usually I will see them before they see me

and so on.

You do the same with the green team and see who can support you, or who you can support. 

To be successful you must know each ship's capabilities and weaknesses. Play all the lines and learn what makes them tick. Then plan your tactics accordingly.

Edited by alexf24, 09 November 2016 - 06:30 PM.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

husband #7 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

also radar discourages solo-yolo DD play-  increases usefulness island cruisers I guess

so are you saying you don't want to purchase the BELFAST because OF radar?

or are you saying don't purchase DDs because OF radar? 

I presume then US and Soviet DDs must be gunshipping

and IJN ships 15-20km torping

Edited by husband, 09 November 2016 - 06:42 PM.

Sabot_100 #8 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

With the Brit line (and everyone playing them 'cuz they are new) the number of radar equipped ships is increasing. Which means, if you you are relying on stealth, you will be detected more often. Especially since they keep nerfing the torpedoes. Also, with the new MM, your tier 5 DD will be seeing those tier 7 radars almost every game. Tier 6 would probably have several radar ships every game. Pretty soon, the only DDs worth playing at mid to high Tiers will be those that can stealth fire from long range. 

paradat #9 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Play all ships. Something will always be in fashion. Never convert xp to skip a ship. Skip a module maybe but never a ship.

Edited by paradat, 09 November 2016 - 06:52 PM.

pewpewpew42 #10 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View Postparadat, on 09 November 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Play all ships. Something will always be in fashion. Never convert xp to skip a ship. Skip a module maybe but never a ship.

This

I do German BBs, both CVs, USN CAs and RU DDs

light.png

nationaloilwellvarco #11 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:05 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I would counter that the short duration of radar and sonar nullifies the OP's argument. My play style has adjusted for the tier 7+ DDs to engage, let the ships enable their defenses, retreat, then re-engage for 150k dmg.  Stealth is still there but one must use it differently.  I like the continuous game balancing by WG and adjustment of one's own playing strategy for the ships in port.  

paradat #12 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View Postpewpewpew42, on 09 November 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

This

I do German BBs, both CVs, USN CAs and RU DDs

​I play every line in the game. However I am way behind on CV play.

Harv72b #13 Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

You argument is invalid as Belfast is a premium ship, and therefore 80% of the Belfast players you'll encounter are potatoes.

BrianDavion #14 Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

all allied cruisers have radar at tier 8 and up. it's just something you gotta learn to deal with, Belfast just means you see it earlier, ohh wait indinapolis and atlanta have radar anyway! 

theshiyal #15 Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View Postparadat, on 09 November 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

This is how I have begun.  Japan DD, CA, and BB are at III & IV, USA CA and BB III & IV, UK CA at III and Deutschland CA and BB at III & IV. USSR I will elite the Novik and then let that line sit for a bit unless Russian bias appears to enticing at some point.  I'd need a few more slots first. Yes its low tier but I am having a blast so far.

centarina #16 Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

upto t4, it is cheap and competition is much less.      if I were starting, I would go up as many line as possible to t4 and find one that you do well in before moving up to t5. 

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, Ibuki, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo

VFM: Aurora, Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  PA Anshan   

USN:   New York, North Carolina, Marblehead,  Indianapolis, NO,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Emden  Admiral Hipper, Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Don of Popcorn Mafia

Lord_Man_Hammer #17 Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Besides Funcom,  Wargaming is the sleasiest, deceitful gaming company I have seen so far for myself.  They will lie when it suits them and they do not care about knowing they are lying at the time.  They will say or do anything to make a profit and they are massively successful at it.

I think ANY changes they make to a ship that are clearly nerfs should allow the player to get his money back or trade it in for equal value.  WG has a habit of making high cost prem vehicles (planes, tanks an boats) useless with nerfs.   Why?  You'll buy a different one that isn't nerfed.  And they might re-introduce that vehicle later with some love,  to get you to buy it again!     pffft WG are scum.

I do not trust WG on anything.  Period.    Their lies about what their plans were for all 3 gaming platforms were never intended to be followed thru ever.  I like their games just enough to play them but other than premium Im not sure Im going to support these scumbags any more than I have to.   Doubt I'll ever buy a premium vehicle again from WG.  It's too much of a shell game.

Da_Craw #18 Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

View PostLord_Man_Hammer, on 16 January 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Besides Funcom,  Wargaming is the sleasiest, deceitful gaming company I have seen so far for myself.  They will lie when it suits them and they do not care about knowing they are lying at the time.  They will say or do anything to make a profit and they are massively successful at it.

I think ANY changes they make to a ship that are clearly nerfs should allow the player to get his money back or trade it in for equal value.  WG has a habit of making high cost prem vehicles (planes, tanks an boats) useless with nerfs.   Why?  You'll buy a different one that isn't nerfed.  And they might re-introduce that vehicle later with some love,  to get you to buy it again!     pffft WG are scum.

I do not trust WG on anything.  Period.    Their lies about what their plans were for all 3 gaming platforms were never intended to be followed thru ever.  I like their games just enough to play them but other than premium Im not sure Im going to support these scumbags any more than I have to.   Doubt I'll ever buy a premium vehicle again from WG.  It's too much of a shell game.

I completely disagree.  WoT and WoWS are fantastically fun and the games have steadily evolved to improve.  If anything, most complaints about the premium vehicles are that WG is too hesitant to change them since it will irritate paying customers.  Every time there is a change it was because of complaints that "X is overpowered and is RUINING THE GAME."  When WG then changes X the immediate reaction is "OMG how could they change X?  This will RUIN THE GAME!"  If a ship/tank is not balanced, it need to be fixed whether it is a premium or not.  The same people who scream about nerfing a premium they have because it is OP also scream about how PTW some OP premium they don't have is.   

Wildcanadian1168 #19 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:18 AM

Seaman

• Members

I agree with Check although maybe not the names given to WG but otherwise ya I have noticed that a ton with this game and the ships changing (buffs nerfs whatevers) and btw the longer duration members typically are the ones telling WG what's bad and what's op etc. the long standing members that possibly followed from a EU account when NA became available will side with WG heavily due to this bias I mean really why wouldn't they support each other?

IcyThor #20 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Seaman

• Members

I have only been playing a few days.  But in a real war, weapons change and evolve.  That means tactics have to change and evolve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users