DOCTOR_CITADEL #1 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

OverPowered Gaming: Defining Competitive Play

Credit: Swagger897

Fellow Captains,

The Beginning

Many moons ago, a small group of players, including myself, saw a need in this community. Where could a player go where they could interact with other players, at or above their skill level, that have the dedication, the passion, and the competitive spirit within them that drives them towards victory on the battlefield? To fill this need, OverPowered Gaming was born!

Since our inception in February 2016, we have steadily grown, both in quantity, and in quality. We look forward to the continued growth of WoWs and OPG. OPG currently has 4 active clans: [OPG], [OPG2], [OPG3], and [OPGS]. The first 3 are competitive clans open to new recruits. [OPGS] is our social clan, only open to existing members. OverPowered Gaming is primarily based in the EST timezone, but we have members from all over the world. Our events are scheduled to accommodate as much of the continental United States as possible. 

What is OverPowered Gaming's Idealogy? 

We are a community of players dedicated to self-improvement and fostering better game-play through knowledge, camaraderie, and a willingness to learn. We believe that there is no limit to how OverPowered you can become if you keep an open mind to new tactics and focus on self-improvement. We are proud to have multiple prominent Twitch streamers, YouTubers, and Podcasters all call OverPowered Gaming their home. 

With professional gameplay being broadcast to the world, prepare to see new tactics at work, absorb new knowledge, and enjoy first class entertainment! We are both teachers and students here at OverPowered Gaming. Leave your pride and ego at the door and come in willing to learn. You will have no choice but to up your game if you put in time with this community of skilled and knowledgeable players!

How Can OverPowered Gaming Benefit Me?

Simple. Want a place to hang out, find a division-mate, participate in a tournament, or ask a knowledgeable player about a setup on a certain ship? This is THE place to be. We have intra-clan scrims multiple times per week at tier 8 to sharpen our competitive edge. We also host and participate in Fight Night, a tier 10 tournament extravaganza! Our members are comprised of the top players on the server. A significant amount of our players are on the leaderboards. If you are looking for a place to hang your hat and play with the best, come on in! 

While there are specific requirements to join the community as a full-fledged member, OverPowered Gaming is open to all. If you aren't quite able to meet the requirements to become a full-fledged member, it doesn't matter! Come in, hang out, division, and learn with us until you can! We have a sprawling TeamSpeak server able to accommodate as many players as needed. If you'd like your friends to come visit to take advantage of free voice chat, bring them along too! 

Sign me Up!

1. Read the OverPowered Gaming: Clan Entrance Requirements to see which OverPowered Gaming clan(s) you qualify for. 
  2. Read the OverPowered Gaming: Code of Conduct. You agree to abide by this if you join as a member or visit our TS as a guest.
  3. Submit an application to the OverPowered Gaming clan of your choice. Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications. Exceptions will be rare and usually reserved for CV main players. There is no perfect metric for sizing up a CV player. If you think you have what it takes, go ahead and apply. Exceptions will be on a case-by-case basis and you must inform the recruiter that you are applying for a CV exception.
    1. [OPG] Clan Application-  Extremely Competitive
    2. [OPG2] Clan Application- Highly Competitive 
    3. [OPG3] Clan Application- Very Competitive
    4. [OPGS] Clan Application- Social Clan (Not currently taking applications- currently open only to existing [OPG]/2/3 members)
  4. After your application has been submitted, you will be invited as a guest to our Ryver (group messenger/forums) where one of our recruiters will set up an interview with you.
    1. If you do not see an email with a Ryver invitation within (2) days of submitting your application, please message me directly on the forums.
  5. After you have been interviewed and accepted, the recruiter will give you full access, set you up with in-game tags, TS tags, etc. 
  6. You will then be hazed, trolled, and injected with a cocktail of "skill" serum.
  7. Welcome aboard! :honoring: 

Additional Information

• OverPowered Gaming's Current Roster
    • In the "Clan Search" tab, input "powered" to pull up all (7) of our current "in-game" clans.
  • OverPowered Gaming's Clan Hierarchy
    • A chart listing the hierarchy of OPG's Leadership and Recruiting branches.
    • This can be used to contact the appropriate Officers/Recruiters within OPG, if need be.
    • If applying to an OPG clan, use the process outlined in the above "Sign Me Up!" section.
  • OverPowered Gaming: Member Media
    • A listing of OPG's content creators and their media sources
  • Our community headquarters is based in our TeamSpeak server at this address: 158.69.112.116:10026<<<(New address & upgraded to 256 slots!)
  • Don't have TeamSpeak? Download it here: https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

We have been almost exclusively invite-only for the majority of 2016. Don't miss this chance to join the most dominant and lethal force on the high seas!

-Doc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OverPowered Gaming- How Is My Driving? (Member Report Form)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OverPowered Gaming Community Outreach- Alternative Insults 

There is no need to be toxic in-game! Instead, use one of these good-natured, salty-sailor style insults! Instead of creating an unpleasant atmosphere, create a playful one! Give this link out freely in-game to anyone that is feeling salty!

OverPowered Gaming Fleet Admiral / [OPG] Admiral 

For OverPowered Gaming Recruitment & Information (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Clan Entrance Requirements (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Teamspeak Address: 158.69.112.116: 10026             

DerekSlide #2 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:23 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Hey all, been with OPG for almost a year now. Great community, great people. Check us out, it would be a mistake to do otherwise ;)

twitch.tv/derekslide

OVERPOWERED GAMING RECRUITER

Amatsukaze_DD #3 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:44 AM

Seaman

• Members

Come join our slack for cringey anime memes.

Seriously though its a lot of fun, with a bunch of people who aren't potatoes. If you're looking for a fun group of people who are good at internet ships, you found it.

Also join our weekly issm hunt, winner gets a free happy ending courtesy of my waifu.

KamiSamurai #4 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:45 AM

Ensign

• WoWS Community Contributors

I am a proud member of OPG and have been for a longtime now! Come check us out and join us for this adventure =). 

http://www.twitch.tv/kamisamurai

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

Vanessaira #5 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:46 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • In AlfaTesters

An amazing group of people.  Love being a part of OPG and there is always someone on playing.  The best of the best, and if you want to improve your game play and learn what true team play is about.  Join OPG!

Team OPGaming & The Warships Podcast

Swagger897 #6 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:51 AM

• Members

What these fine folks said. We're an exceptional community to be a part of if you want to eek out the most enjoyment possible within the game, and play competitively against others. Send me a PM or poke me on our TS server if you're interested in joining, I'm more than willing to spend a few minutes of time to guide you through our process. 

Edited by Swagger897, 10 November 2016 - 03:22 AM.

OverPowered Gaming OP1 Commodore/Recruiter (PM for details)

Interested in joining OPG? Find out how to here!

Apparently I need to be nerfed

"When I solo queue up in high-tiers and end up against a div of Kamisamurai, SLAP, and Swagger, it's basically like me showing up to my beer league hockey game and seeing a bunch of pro players there."

FratStar4Life #7 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

Ensign

• Supertester

The best place to find professional shootie boat play :coin:

Soon to be the #1, #2, and #3 EU leaderboard top players

NA:

​EU:

OverPowered Gaming [OPG]       

Gaishu_Isshoku #8 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

filled with weaboos 3/10

Jokes aside, amazing community of great people to play with and learn from.

"There are eight sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty five sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty seven sail of the line, Sir John"

"Enough, sir, no more of that; the die is cast, and if there are fifty sail I will go through them".

your friendly neighbourhood high tier cruiser player

comandercom #9 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

Seaman

• Members

OP scrimmages are a welcome change from the random queue. I'm so glad that I can be a part of them

I never spend my time with someone who doesn't think I'm wonderful or somewhat cash refundable.

Tedster_ #10 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

Rear Admiral

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester
    Supertest Coordinator

so ... much ... purple...

(PS:  good group of guys, have had a lot of fun)

~Ted. >35k battles WoT, 35 T10, Club WG Wiki AdminWoWP alpha testerWoT Blitz beta tester.  WoWS Supertest Coordinator.  WotG alpha tester.  Yamato-kun, first Yamato on the NA server (Alpha, BW2, CBT). AP aim guide : 6 citadels, one salvo : A history of WoWS : my youtube channel               

^^^ in-game cancer takes many forms  ^^^    And still is stupid

Daigensui, on 21 June 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Logic is not approved in this thread, since it takes away the lulz.

generaldort #11 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Come hang out!  We almost have T-shirts!

Edited by generaldort, 05 November 2016 - 07:34 PM.

DOCTOR_CITADEL #12 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postgeneraldort, on 04 November 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

sup 

Very creative. :hiding:

OverPowered Gaming Fleet Admiral / [OPG] Admiral 

For OverPowered Gaming Recruitment & Information (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Clan Entrance Requirements (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Teamspeak Address: 158.69.112.116: 10026             

_Fr0g_ #13 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:06 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

First post, go figure.. 

I joined to learn from the best, simple as that.  And it is fun being around these wahoos. 

OverPowered Gaming OP3 Commodore/Recruiter

Clan Entrance Reqs

PM for details. 

"And nobody knows nothing like someone who knew not to not know about nothing and got hurt." - Ivan Boban

timmyg1004 #14 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:13 AM

• Beta Testers

I could not imagine myself with any other group of players!!!  RU server~ Bolshevik007 / EU server~ EUpEEyou,I had to have more purple than everyone else :p

Edited by timmyg1004, 05 November 2016 - 05:19 AM.

PorscheRacer14 #15 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

You owe it to yourself and your stats to join OPG.  Lots of great people and sources of knowledge to get your skills up, get questions answered and best of all... have fun!

Backwards_Logic #16 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:31 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I've learned a ton while I've been here and had a ton of fun doing so.  Great group of people to be around, great clan events as well to practice and hone competitive skills, and there's never a dull moment.  If you want to get better and have fun doing so, you'd be remiss to not consider OP Gaming.

Current Grind:  Tier X: Yamato, Zao, Montana, Des Moines, Großer Kurfürst, Hindenburg, Moskva, Khabarovsk.  Tier IX: Fletcher.  Tier VIII: Ognevoi.  Tier VI: Leander.

Favorite Premiums: Missouri, Tirpitz, Mikhail Kutuzov, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Błyskawica, Leningrad, Arizona, Texas, Imperator Nikolai I.

Favorite Tech Tree Ships: Roon, North Carolina, Bismarck, Chapayev, Yorck, Bayern, Cleveland, Budyonny, Konig, Clemson, Izyaslav.

I'll play carriers once my grandfather's ship USS Enterprise CV-6 is available.  Looking forward to renaming the USS Cleveland to USS Houston CL-81 for my other grandfather.

YankeeRanger #17 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:48 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I endorse this message. Fun group to play with

godzilla5549 #18 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, 05 November 2016 - 06:55 AM.

I am no longer playing the game. It is possible I will return, but not for some time.

My French Battleship Tech Tree Proposal - My French Destroyer Tech Tree Proposal - My French Cruiser Tech Tree Proposal

Spoiler

jcf150 #19 Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:05 AM

Seaman

• Members

It's a great group! I have had a lot of fun being a part of it.

hmang #20 Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

The best clan in NA. I joined to be with the best of the best and never looked back since.

If you have X-Ray vision and you close your eyes, can you still see?

My Signature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users