• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

EricKilla #401 Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:39 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKongou_of_Fog, on 26 November 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

except those majority in St. Petersburg. lol

Yes, but I don't think the data has been fully collated and in a state that the WG St. Petersburg team can do anything with yet. Given that the form was put up on like Tuesday or Wednesday, that's only like a day or two not only for people to fill out the forms, but then to process the info. Given there's another forum post on the forums that states clearly that all WGNA staff are off until Monday, 11/28, you have your answer of why it's not being handled. Pigeon warned of this in his post.

As I see it, it's good that it sits for so long, as it gives everyone a chance to put in their request.

Now, If there weren't tax and privacy implications, I would wholeheartedly volunteer to help collate the data. Pigeon, I'll do it if you give me the clan for free!

Edited by EricKilla, 27 November 2016 - 01:58 AM.

Kongou_of_Fog #402 Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:07 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostEricKilla, on 26 November 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yes, but I don't think the data has been fully collated and in a state that the WG St. Petersburg team can do anything with yet. Given that the form was put up on like Tuesday or Wednesday, that's only like a day or two not only for people to fill out the forms, but then to process the info. Given there's another forum post on the forums that states clearly that all WGNA staff are off until Monday, 11/28, you have your answer of why it's not being handled. Pigeon warned of this in his post.

As I see it, it's good that it sits for so long, as it gives everyone a chance to put in their request.

Now, If there weren't tax and privacy implications, I would wholeheartedly volunteer to help collate the data. Pigeon, I'll do it if you give me the clan for free!

Meh, idk how long this closed beta will go for, they said "December" so by the time they get the info, process, implement the manually switch, it may be too late for us to have our 10 active members put in the 30 battles to reserve our clans through the official release... and we may be put in a position to pay out-of-pocket costs to make our clans... there is no word about compensation for the frustration or time lost for those of us who were eager to participate and but couldn't for reasons that are not our fault. So, who knows but I'd like to hope things will turn out well, somehow.

Edited by Kongou_of_Fog, 27 November 2016 - 08:35 AM.

ARMDA Website (Clan Info + Boat Reviews) - Recruitment - Discord Server (click em*)

Founder of Armada de Britannia

Fodder4U #403 Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKongou_of_Fog, on 26 November 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Meh, idk how long this closed beta will go for, they said "December" so by the time they get the info, process, implement the manually switch, it may be too late for us to have our 10 active members put in the 30 battles to reserve our clans through the official release... and we may be put in a position to pay out-of-pocket costs to make our clans... there is no word about compensation for the frustration or time lost for those of us who were eager to participate and but couldn't for reasons that are not our fault. So, who knows but I'd like to hope things will turn out well, somehow.

TBH I wouldn't sweat how long the beta has left. There are very limited clan functions right now and not much to test ATM. Heck I tested about half the available functions by just inviting and then handing over VX9 to the proper commander. So you are not missing much. I did find how to invite players both via the WOWS website and through the game. At first all we knew about were by the website but if you are in game and look a player up and go to their profile there is an invite to clan button there too.

EricKilla #404 Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostFodder4U, on 27 November 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

TBH I wouldn't sweat how long the beta has left. There are very limited clan functions right now and not much to test ATM. Heck I tested about half the available functions by just inviting and then handing over VX9 to the proper commander. So you are not missing much. I did find how to invite players both via the WOWS website and through the game. At first all we knew about were by the website but if you are in game and look a player up and go to their profile there is an invite to clan button there too.

On a more selfish, and clan-oriented note, on top of testing, this is a prime time for smaller clans to make great strides in recruiting, as there's less competition.

Those like me who did not get their clans have suffered a pretty serious blow towards this objective.

Not all of us have the size and skill as RELIC, after all.

View PostKongou_of_Fog, on 26 November 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

I think they said we had to pay either way, so that's a moot point.

Edited by EricKilla, 27 November 2016 - 10:46 PM.

TonkinGulf_CG11 #405 Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

Seaman

• Members

Clans killed WoP and Tanks and soon it will kill WoW.

So sad that the Ruskies and users never learn.

AJ

FTMC (USN) Retired

_Thunder_Child_ #406 Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:01 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Why "Clan"?

How about:

Task Force

Navy

Fleet

Battlegroup

?

IX: F. der Grosse / VIII: Tirpitz*, Mikhail Kutuzov*, Prinz Eugen*, Bismarck, North Carolina, Takao+, New Orleans, Lo Yang*, Atago* 

VII: SCHARNHORST*, Myoko+, Ashigara+, Nachi+, Haguro+, Gneisenau, Myoko, Yorck, Sims*, Atlanta*, Blyskawica*, Indianapolis*

VI: Warspite*, Molotov*, Arizona*, New Mexico, Cleveland,  Budyonny, Anshan*, Graf Spee*V: Texas*, Kongou+, Haruna+, Kirishima+,  Hiei+, Murmansk*, Marblehead*, Kamikaze R*, Gremyashchy*

IV: Arkansas*, Imperator Nikolai I*, Ishuzuchi* / III: Aurora*, Koenig Albert*, Katori*  / II:  Mikasa*, Emden*, Albany*, Tachibana*

EricKilla #407 Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Post_Thunder_Child_, on 28 November 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

Why "Clan"?

How about:

Task Force

Navy

Fleet

Battlegroup

?

Pigeon said in another thread that Wargaming calls it "clans" for accessibility. Evidently people on the internet relate quicker to "clans" than any of those you suggested. That said, he says that they fully support the community calling them "fleets".

View PostTonkinGulf_CG11, on 27 November 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

Clans killed WoP and Tanks and soon it will kill WoW.

So sad that the Ruskies and users never learn.

Clans already existed in World of Warships, they just weren't built into the game. Team battles became, to a good degree, clan battles. People want to be able to play with friends together and fight competitively with other groups of friends. It's part of online gaming as a whole.

It's not just the "Ruskies", as in Wargaming, that use clans. War Thunder has clans. Armored Warfare has clans. MechWarrior Online has clans. EVE Online has "Corporations", essentially clans only on a larger scale. World of Warcraft has "Guilds". Battlefield and Call of Duty have clans. Pretty much every major online multiplayer game has, or is planning on implementing, clans or some derivative of clans.

Also, if you're going to tell me that "it drives toxic competitive play and stats shaming", that too exists in World of Warships already, what with the ability to look up someone's stats on either the World of Warships website or on Warships.Today. The only thing we don't have is that mod from World of Tanks that shows all that information in game. 

Edited by EricKilla, 28 November 2016 - 08:59 AM.

Avalon304 #408 Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Hey, Pigeon, any news about clans getting fixed from that form we filled out?

Kongou_of_Fog #409 Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

• Members

View PostAvalon304, on 30 November 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

Hey, Pigeon, any news about clans getting fixed from that form we filled out?

^this.

ARMDA Website (Clan Info + Boat Reviews) - Recruitment - Discord Server (click em*)

Founder of Armada de Britannia

CPT_Rubber_Duck #410 Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:32 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

yay  about  time but now 5.15  not  open  to all yet when  will it  be ?

Unacceptable_1 #411 Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:32 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCPT_Rubber_Duck, on 04 December 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

yay  about  time but now 5.15  not  open  to all yet when  will it  be ?

Heck how about TEAM battles??? My clan of 12 could play in team battles while you devs fart with gettin the clan thing going :facepalm:

I'm guessing WG don't care bout clans/teams,just the ranked crap full of noobs :P

Hurry up,I'm gettin tired of this random noob [edited].......I have LOTS of real PC games I can go back too that DO LIKE clans/teams....like BF4,old COD 4 & 5 & a few others.

Edited by Unacceptable_1, 05 December 2016 - 05:34 AM.

Narmor #412 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:02 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

What a load of crap.  Like clans are that complicated or WG has no experience with them.  At the base level it's just about associating players with each other for easy grouping and granting privs for creating those associations (the recruiter) and that's not tough especially since we already have friends associations.  You add the "complicated" stuff later.  Considering how long this game has been going, this is way overdue and someone(s) is either incompetent or negligent, either way fire them and hire someone that can do the job.  Reports indicate WG is earning boatloads of cash.  They should try investing a bit more.

Edited by Narmor, 10 December 2016 - 03:33 AM.

2r2cep3.png

EpicLeveler #413 Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

Seaman

• Members

Any word yet for those who filled out the sheet that was posted and still haven't been assigned tags The clan I am referring to is The Black Fleet since our leader had been put in charge of one of the clans, but has not recieved word at all for when he get his clan. We have been waiting for a long time for us to get tags. Is there any ETA when this will be fixed?

Thank you.

Edited by EpicLeveler, 15 December 2016 - 12:59 AM.

Unacceptable_1 #414 Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Sooo,can any WG folks elaborate on this???

http://worldofwarshi.../whatsinthebox/

Clans Are Coming

We're also testing Clans in World of Warships, which will have a different setup than the Clan systems in our other games. Next year, Clans can compete with each other, earn in-game items, and play in unique battle scenarios.

We really need abit more info,maybe a little more specific date???

Unacceptable_1 #415 Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Sooo Niko,got no answer for us ????

Edited by Unacceptable_1, 20 December 2016 - 05:18 AM.

Unacceptable_1 #416 Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Well,happy New Year Niko,any whispers bout the clan stuff comin???

fbrrhd #417 Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

• Members

clans are already having an "effect" in wows.

And I would say it is less than positive. It's like running into a "gang"!

If you have a problem (and many "clan" members seem to look for trouble) with one member on a team (in random) suddenly you have an issue with the whole "clan/gang."

I find the idea and current clan make up already a determent to the game!

11C2Papa #418 Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

Seaman

• Members

Glad clans are almost here!!!!

Unacceptable_1 #419 Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:51 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postfbrrhd, on 05 January 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

clans are already having an "effect" in wows.

And I would say it is less than positive. It's like running into a "gang"!

If you have a problem (and many "clan" members seem to look for trouble) with one member on a team (in random) suddenly you have an issue with the whole "clan/gang."

I find the idea and current clan make up already a determent to the game!

Yeah,I see that with ahole divs LOL

Me & my guys only gang up if someone is really being abusive or trying to team kill/damage our whole team mates............

Hopefully clans get a separate place to play..............

Why aren't Team Battles up & runnin?????? The world may never know...........................

Edited by Unacceptable_1, 08 January 2017 - 03:53 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users