World of Warships Clan Beta Sign-Ups 10/28 - 10/30

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

Cyberdog52 #41 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:01 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I am interested in participating in this beta test.  If anyone is looking for members please contact me.

Garchei #42 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:10 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

This will be good!

Edited by Garchei, 28 October 2016 - 11:11 PM.

Armada Del Sur -Reclutando-
                                                Twitch [SUR] powered by Hanzo47

Cruiser_Atago #43 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:47 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

For something so long awaited, it's nice to see it getting incorporated soon. Lotta clans are planning extensively for the 30 man limit already, will be watching the progress eagerly :coin:

​Signature created by Cruiser_Atago, [KNTAI] Personnel Officer

Macabe #44 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostCruiser_Atago, on 28 October 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

For something so long awaited, it's nice to see it getting incorporated soon. Lotta clans are planning extensively for the 30 man limit already, will be watching the progress eagerly :coin:

More like preparing to riot over the 30 man limit.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

MrExNavy #45 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Kantti, on 28 October 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

Awesome that the clans are finally going forward. Big Kudos to that.

I know that details concerning end-game gameplay for clans has not been added, but at first hearing the amount of player (30) sounds really small. In the World of Tanks it took 100 members to get 20-30 online each evening (not counting really high-end clans that had better participation percentage, but majority won't be these). With 30 players we must be happy if we get 10 person per evening online. Just hoping that you consider this really carefully before implementing hard limits. Other aspect to this is the need to disperse already bigger than 30 communities. For example Aseveljet has already 90 registered captains and it will be heck lot more administering them if we have to disperse them to 3 separate clans.

I thought the exact same thing. 30 members is woefully low. Also I noticed that it said there 

Block Quote

Clan registration in this test stage is FREE OF CHARGE. When clans are rolled out in full, their creation may cost doubloons (similar to other World of... titles)

I already created a clan a couple months ago so I didn't have to worry about somebody stealing our clan name but had no option but to create it in WoT. Since the clans and games are unified it automatically created our clan in WoWP as well and that is another reason I created it when I did. Because everything is supposed to be unified. I hope you guys are not telling me I will have to spend money again to create a clan that is already registered with you guys when according to your own previous news and statements has always said that your games will all be unified. If this is not true then people will see this as nothing more than a blatant money grab and most likely our clan will just quit playing and go to something else.

Another thing I noticed on the submission form is I got no indication after submitting our clan info that it was received or actually submitted. Nothing but a blank space where the form was. I also checked my email to see if there was anything to indicate the submission and nothing there either. So is that form actually working or not? I submitted it in the deadline time frame so if you guys don't get the submission, we have no idea if you did or not or what recourse we have if you guys didn't get the submission due to your form not working.

Old salty dog. Ex Navy jet mech in VF-211 at NAS Miramar next to Top Gun and on-board the USS Constellation (CV-64) 76-81. Decorated for Shellback, Battle "E", Navy Sea Service and Cold War participant.

SimoBlitzkowHU38R #46 Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:03 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Interesting...

supercontroller9 #47 Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

• Members

View PostDucati_Black, on 28 October 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

So do the members need to register too? Or does the leader register and give a list of member names?

Anyone have a comment here? I will probably find a clan now, and I want to know if I have to do this or not?

Glad it is being implemented, but I surely hope 30 players is just for BETA test, otherwise some REDDIT clan will be mad (how many NA clans does REDDIT have on WoT?)

Edited by supercontroller9, 29 October 2016 - 12:05 AM.

Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana.......

I am a scrub btw, with....   

Spoiler

MrExNavy #48 Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:15 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postsupercontroller9, on 28 October 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Anyone have a comment here? I will probably find a clan now, and I want to know if I have to do this or not?

Glad it is being implemented, but I surely hope 30 players is just for BETA test, otherwise some REDDIT clan will be mad (how many NA clans does REDDIT have on WoT?)

Only the clan leaders register their clans supercontroller9. The leaders then enter at least 9 members of their clan to be included in the beta so the answer is no you do not need to register or submit the form. Now is a good time to start looking for a clan though. You are welcome to come check us out and talk to us in our Team Speak at 51.255.37.176 Our Clan is the Jolly Rogers Gaming clan and our site is at http://jollyrogers.mywebteks.net 99% of us are vets but we accept non vets as well.

Old salty dog. Ex Navy jet mech in VF-211 at NAS Miramar next to Top Gun and on-board the USS Constellation (CV-64) 76-81. Decorated for Shellback, Battle "E", Navy Sea Service and Cold War participant.

james6970 #49 Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:15 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

i liked  the  team battles  a  lot.  made  the  fights  fast  and  fun, and if  clan matches are  going  to be  like  that  i want  to give  it  a  try.

armored_becak #50 Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:32 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

so, WoWs clan will have separate clan from WoT ?

Heavybarrel120mm #51 Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:44 AM

• Beta Testers

View PostLord_Dolza, on 28 October 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

be prepared for the next phase of :WHEN Does Clan Wars Start I wants My Gold" Threads..those will be more then when will subs be added

Now why did you have to go and ruin the moment by mentioning the "S Word" during this most joyous announcement.

timmyg1004 #52 Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

• Beta Testers

any word on the tiers that will be played?

Dadaan #53 Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:41 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postarmored_becak, on 28 October 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

so, WoWs clan will have separate clan from WoT ?

Great question
__Semper Fi__

Total_Freak #54 Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I am So Stoked that we will Finally Have Clans.. My friends and I have been awaiting this moment.

If you are looking to join a Clan we are accepting anyone and everone...

you can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook...roups/shipfaced

Attached Files

• Attached File   shipfacedclan.jpg   33.91K

Edited by Total_Freak, 29 October 2016 - 04:46 AM.

MajorRenegade #55 Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:48 AM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View Posttimmyg1004, on 28 October 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

any word on the tiers that will be played?

I don't think they are testing clan wars. Just a clan function, like chat channel, inviting, kicking, clan name next to player names in battle, ete

I think just the basic stuff, base off recent Q&A's

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

Proman007 #56 Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:23 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Ok so I have a gaming community and we play a variety of games and are starting to venture into warships. Iv got about 6 people so far that play wows and we are looking to expand even farther. Message me here or on our page

https://www.facebook.../insanewackers/

Avalon304 #57 Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Clan member names separated by commas? On separate lines? How do you want it?

Prababcia #58 Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 28 October 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

Captains!!!

• Please register for your clans HERE.

Block Quote

• Test begins with the deployment of Update 0.9.14.

What?:trollface:

World of Warships Soundtrack

YouTube playlist

PlaneCrazy #59 Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

• Banned

View PostFog_Cruiser_Yuubari, on 28 October 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

The problem with that is that we (Referring to FOG community members with these names) establish these nicknames ourselves. It would probably annoy Wargaming a lot for having to change the names of a few hundred people for free, so they'll likely put the burden on us to give money for the name change. We also would have to make up a new format, and we can't simply drop the "fog" tag because KNTAI has most of the "Shipclass_Shipname" format names.

At least now everyone will see all the other members in the clan who didn't change to a "Fog" ship (Because it's not mandatory)! :D

I didn't mean to single out FoG.. just that they are the ones I see constantly affected by this UI issue.  

Any long name gets cut off in the UI because it doesn't scale to screen resolution. It's been a problem from the beginning.  When you are loading into a map, you can hover your mouse over any player and see a pop up box with their full name and , of course, you can just look around in the game itself, but the player panels and after after battle reports still cut long names off.   It's rather annoying when trying to keep track of players you might like to Div with or add to your contacts.

Edited by PlaneCrazy, 29 October 2016 - 02:06 PM.

TEXAS_VLAD_THE_IMPALER #60 Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Am I to assume that after we register, that on the 31st we will see our clan tags forwarding our names in battle?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users